I paid 219 dollars for this used 9650. Do you think it was worth the money when you look at the exterior?

Here is the link to the auction that I won. Mobile already sent to me.

RIM BlackBerry Bold 9650 (Unlocked) Nice! - eBay (item 330543261825 end time Mar-22-11 16:01:57 PDT)
    03-24-11 07:23 PM
    It's tough to tell from the photos. You can replace the shell for about $40 if it has more than "pocket wear" like the listing says, or the seller carried sandpaper or keys in the same pocket.

I would be more concerned with whether it works or can be activated on your account. Unlocked does not also mean that the ESN is clear. That phone is designed for use on CDMA networks, such as Verizon, Sprint, US Cellular, etc. Understand that even though you can use an unlocked phone on any GSM carrier (AT&T, TMO), it won't have the full 3G data speeds in North America. You could also have problems making voice calls on GSM, as the radios for CDMA and GSM are different. There are multiple threads here on CB that talk in detail about how to make a CDMA phone work on GSM networks.

The "NO RETURNS ACCEPTED" line would scare me. I hope that you used PayPal, so that you have some recourse if there is a problem. Good luck.
    03-24-11 07:47 PM
    It's tough to tell from the photos. You can replace the shell for about $40 if it has more than "pocket wear" like the listing says, or the seller carried sandpaper or keys in the same pocket.

I would be more concerned with whether it works or can be activated on your account. Unlocked does not also mean that the ESN is clear. That phone is designed for use on CDMA networks, such as Verizon, Sprint, US Cellular, etc. Understand that even though you can use an unlocked phone on any GSM carrier (AT&T, TMO), it won't have the full 3G data speeds in North America. You could also have problems making voice calls on GSM, as the radios for CDMA and GSM are different. There are multiple threads here on CB that talk in detail about how to make a CDMA phone work on GSM networks.

The "NO RETURNS ACCEPTED" line would scare me. I hope that you used PayPal, so that you have some recourse if there is a problem. Good luck.

I live in Europe. Will I have problems with the phone there?
    03-24-11 08:33 PM
    I do not think you got ripped off. I had an extra 9650 a while back that I posted on Craigslist for 275.00 and it sold in 3 hours for full price. There is a higher resell on the 9650 because of its world capabilities. I think its a good buy.
    03-24-11 08:39 PM
    the user does have good feedback so i wouldn't worry too much about the phone not working or not being in the conditions decribed. as for the price - i do think you could have defintiely done better. i just bought mine - pretty much brand new - not a scratch or anything anywhere on the phone for 165 shipped. i've seen brand new 9650's with no camera being sold for 198
    03-24-11 09:08 PM
    To me it looks like you got a pretty good deal, relax :P
    03-24-11 09:25 PM
    Well, you did purchase the item, if you were worried about the images you should not have bought the phone... (why would you check out a device AFTER you purchased it...) Or you should have asked here before purchasing.

Personally, its not a rip-off... from the pics the device doesn't look too bad.
    But, I actually got a factory refurbished Bold 9650 for the same price and its basically brand new (came is VZW refurb box and everything, with everything that would come with a new phone).
    03-24-11 10:19 PM
    Pricing on ebay is all over the place. It all depends on timimg and how bad the other guys want it. I have seen them go for a lot more but also I was able to get mine for about 50 bucks less than you spent. It changes daily and I don't think you got ripped off. Unlocked phones always go for higher money than network locked phones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-11 07:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD