Hi, this is my firts thread ever. I Want to turn my old Curve 8330 into an MP 3 player and camera - I need nothing regaiurding Phone, Email, browsing etc. It's deactivated.

First, are there fundamental problems with my plan?

If not, How do I remove everything I don't need?

whats' the biggest memory card I can use and where do I get it?

How much memory will I have with only Media Applications (Camera, Photos, Video, MP3) remaining on the device not counting the memory card (i.e. device only?)

Also, this was my company's and alays required a password to acess everything but teh phone and still does - how do I get rid of that?
    03-24-11 05:10 PM
    I don't think there's any problems with your plan, although why not just use it as a phone too?

First, there are certain things in the bb os that cannot be removed, as far as certain apps being removed, like your browser app icon(or other icons). Just simply, highlight the icon you want to hide, hit the bb button and check mark the hide option. Uncheck the show all.

The biggest memory card is decided by the version of os on your phone(go to options>about) this will tell you what os your using(ie 4.5, 0r 5.0). Os5 can utilize up to a 32gb card. Whereas, os4.5 can only take up to 16gb, if memory serves.

You won't have that much device memory left on a 8330, and once you use it up the phone will start to act up. I highly recommend not using the device memory(for storing things like pics, videos, music,etc). Just use a memory card, you get a lot of room even on a couple gb card.

Lastly, removing the IT policy on your bb is detailed here on CB by Naviculture, in his thread "removing an IT policy from a bb" you can find it here http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/remo...lackberry-569/ it is not difficult to do.

Hope that helps, good luck.
    03-25-11 05:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD