I have went through my Profiles and turned off the LED light for all of my email, message, text etc., yet whenever I get an email...that annoying bright white light will not stop until I open the mail folder. What am I missing? Is there another place? Should I do a battery pull? This lighthouse beacon is driving me nuts. Any help is appreciated.
    03-24-11 07:46 AM
    Download LED Reset from the free app 'downloads' section here at crackberry. Head to the 'downloads' tab on the mobile site and go to free apps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-11 08:00 PM
    Do you have any LED or profile apps?

I only ask because you shouldn't be getting a white light by default. The default LED color is red for messages, and green if you have the signal indicator light activated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-11 08:15 PM
    Ever since installing Build 2330, I've noticed that the red LED automatically resets 15 minutes after a new message has been received whether or not I check the message. If a new message is received while the Bold 9650 is in my locker at the gym or while I'm asleep, I have a green LED, and have no way of knowing I have a new message without going to the home screen. This wasn't the case in previous builds. Is this a bug in 2330 or something RIM did by design (hope not)? Any suggestions?
    06-20-11 04:23 PM
    The default time limit for the LED has always been 15 minutes. The only way to change it is with a 3rd party app. That green LED you're seeing is for the coverage indicator.

BTW, 98% of the people on here have no idea what Build 2330 is. To find the OS version go to Options> Device> About Device Versions, its the series of numbers with the "v" in front of it.
    MrEdInDC likes this.
    06-20-11 04:29 PM
    Thanks for the reply. I know what the green, red & blue LEDs indicate, and how to find the installed software version. FYI, BlackBerry App World offers a free download, Whosit Calling, allowing you to set up to 10 different colors for individual contacts. Can you recommend a third-party app that addresses my issue? FYI, when I called Verizon tech support, they told me the LED was NOT supposed to reset. Go figure!?!? While I may be a newbie to this site, I am among that 2% who knows the meaning of "build." Many thanks, again!
    06-20-11 04:44 PM
    I use BerryBuzz (BeBuzz in AppWorld), it's a paid app, but it's the best available for an LED app. I haven't ever used any others in the past few years.

BTW, you'll get much more help around here if you use the version number rather than the build number for stating which OS you use. Much more people are familiar with the version number, you won't impress anyone saying the build number, will probably just confuse them.

One other note, upgrade your phone, Verizon is now on Build 2333 (v6.0.0.524), so you're running old software anyway...
    MrEdInDC likes this.
    06-20-11 04:59 PM
    Thanks for the tips about BeBuzz and including the version number in posts. My software is current. I typed 2330 'sted of 2333... my bad. Appreciate your sharing your knowledge.
    Last edited by MrEdInDC; 06-20-11 at 06:08 PM.
    06-20-11 06:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD