what do you guys think? what's the best blackberry out right now? i'm thinking about getting the bold 9780
    03-24-11 04:05 AM
    Mine is because it does everything I need a phone to do for me.
    Lol

I would say the 9780 is the best

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-11 08:03 AM
    Really depends what you want. The Flagship phones are the Bold 9780 (GSM), Bold 9650 (CDMA), Torch 9800(GSM) and the Storm 2 9550 (CDMA).

Personally I love the Torch, but like the user above me said, it depends on what you need out of a phone.
    03-24-11 08:14 AM
    Torch 9800!
    03-24-11 08:24 AM
    Do you want a keyboard only, combination keyboard/touchscreen, or touchscreen only?
    03-24-11 08:48 AM
    what do you guys think? what's the best blackberry out right now? i'm thinking about getting the bold 9780
    Not mine! (It acted up again just a few minutes ago. took me more than 4 minutes before I could type a password in App World--keyboard was unresponsive in that app, but worked in others. stupid phone. I HATE it.)
    03-24-11 09:39 AM
    Well the best is personal choice. All the ones posting mine are not helping lol. I would wait if you can because there are better ones coming out in a couple months.
    03-24-11 09:47 AM
    All depends on what you want out of a phone. My 8530 is more than enough for me.
    03-24-11 09:49 AM
    Well the best is personal choice. All the ones posting mine are not helping lol. I would wait if you can because there are better ones coming out in a couple months.
    Baloney. It helps to know what NOT to get. I always pay more attention to what's wrong with a product I am considering, because sometimes the negatives are deal breakers. If enough people gripe about a product, I'd have to think long and hard before I bought it after having been warned.
    03-24-11 10:01 AM
    Right now, I'd say it's either the Torch if you do more browsing, or the Bold 9780 if you do more messaging. But as has been mentioned, there are significant improvements coming to both form factors, probably by the middle to end of the summer, as well as what looks to be a kick-a$$ Storm-type touch-screen only device.

03-24-11 10:32 AM
    Baloney. It helps to know what NOT to get. I always pay more attention to what's wrong with a product I am considering, because sometimes the negatives are deal breakers. If enough people gripe about a product, I'd have to think long and hard before I bought it after having been warned.
    Well I'm sure you can find fault threads for all of them and possible the person saying "mine is the best" can tolerate those faults and the OP can't so research is still needed.
    03-24-11 10:39 AM
    Mine is because it does everything I need a phone to do for me.
    That's the mind set that I think the OP and everybody should have. Not worry about what everyone else thinks is "the best" and focus on "what's the best for YOU".

To the OP, if you feel that getting a 9780 is best for you, then get it and be happy. Don't let anyone sway you away from what you want.
    Last edited by Itzdatdude; 03-24-11 at 10:58 AM.
    03-24-11 10:55 AM
    I would have to say the 9780 .
    03-24-11 11:19 AM
    For me its my awesome curve 3G (9330) with sprint... Its a great workhorse keeping all my messages and social networking in check.. Great battery life and keyboard.. That's whats important to me..

03-24-11 12:02 PM
    Torch 9800!
    This ^

Kinda sucks that it does support open gl thogh...

03-24-11 12:47 PM
    If you do more messaging, then 9780...

More entertainment level, then T1...

Personally like others mentioned, I would wait it out for either the Bold Touch or T2 or new Storm, aka Monaco....

But don't know how soon you need a new phone.

I can't wait till the Bold Touch comes out.

03-24-11 04:15 PM
    This ^

Kinda sucks that it does support open gl thogh...

Nah not really, there's practically nothing that uses it atm... Not really going to be an issue until the newer standard devices all support it and people actually develop using it.
    03-24-11 04:47 PM
    As others have said, it really depends on your needs... But also your budget and carrier. I'm really liking my Style on Sprint.

03-24-11 11:30 PM
    Anandtech just did a review on the 9780, I really like Anand's reviews because they offer some hard numbers to look at regarding things such as battery life especially.

sometimes when reading these forums one might think the blackberry charges in the pocket!

anyway.. here ya go. Torch numbers are in there too..

Blackberry Bold 9780: Not So Bold - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News
    03-25-11 11:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD