I purchased and installed BerryWeather a couple of weeks ago, when it was on sale. I think it's a great app overall. I'm just having a couple annoying problems with it:

1. Homescreen Wallpaper shuts off when I USB connect the phone to my laptop. It seems to happen after about 5 minutes. Basically, the phone returns to the default AT&T theme. To fix it, I have to go to settings, uncheck and recheck "Enable BerryWeather Homescreen Wallpaper" and save.
    2. I get an error message when I attempt to load the default radar - "Failed to load map/webcam. The link does not point to a valid image (GIF, JPEG or PNG). Did you try to pass a HTML link?" If I hit OK and reselect Built-in Radar Map" it works fine.

Any ideas?
    03-23-11 10:29 AM
    1. That's how it works. The image is on your media card, its contents can't be viewed/used on the phone with it connected to the computer. If you move the image to your device memory then it won't revert back to the Att wallpaper when you plug it in.

2. No idea
    oppy likes this.
    03-23-11 10:50 AM
    Sorry I cannot offer much help with either problem, but I can confirm I, and I think many, have the same second issue with the radar problem.

I have researched it without a solution. BellShare has no particular fix other than "try this....". Commonly I read to add your own custom radar sites, but, to date, have never gotten one of those to work either. (BTW I have OS6)
    03-23-11 10:50 AM
    The radar issue has been reported and nothing yet from the Dev.

The error shows when you do a custom radar as well.

Keep you all posted.

Also to answer question 1. Copy the wallpaper to the device memory and you will not have that issue.
    oppy likes this.
    03-23-11 10:55 AM
    1. That's how it works. The image is on your media card, its contents can't be viewed/used on the phone with it connected to the computer. If you move the image to your device memory then it won't revert back to the Att wallpaper when you plug it in.
    Thanks for the info! I'll give that a try.

The error shows when you do a custom radar as well.
    I don't have the same issue with custom radar, only the default.

Thanks for the info!
    03-23-11 11:19 AM
    Yep I get it from default and 3 custom radars I have setup...
    03-23-11 11:42 AM
    Yep I get it from default and 3 custom radars I have setup...
    Interesting. I have 2 Accuweather maps (one radar and one satellite/radar) and they both work on the first click. Maybe it's something to do with Weather Underground? I'll have to make a custom wunderground map and see if it works.
    03-23-11 11:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD