Has anyone tried the new V1 with voice recognition? Should I buy the z9i for my 8330 or wait for the V1? Any recommendations would be appreciated by this novice.
    Thanks.
    08-08-08 10:48 AM
    I've got the Blue Ant x3 micro and it works great. Voice recognition is fair, not great, just fair. The sound quality is good and it has noise reduction. My wife has one also and we talk to each with them. Sound is good.
    08-09-08 03:21 PM
    Not sure of the modeloff hand, but I use the Bluant that goes on your visor, I am very happy with it. Nice not to have something stuck in your ear all the time. I also plantronics for in ear, very happy with their product as well.
    08-09-08 03:25 PM
    The V1 is supposed to be very similar to the z9i only with voice recognition. It is supposed to be available any day now. Is anyone using the z9i? Does it work well with the Curve?
    08-09-08 08:00 PM
    Not sure of the modeloff hand, but I use the Bluant that goes on your visor, I am very happy with it. Nice not to have something stuck in your ear all the time. I also plantronics for in ear, very happy with their product as well.
    Are you using the SuperTooth 3? If so, is it loud?
    I've had the Parrot, Moto & Jabra- none of which I was that happy with. In order to hear well on the Parrot, I had to turn the volume up but callers were annoyed by the echo they kept getting. The Jabra I could barely hear from.
    08-10-08 03:30 AM
    I currently have the z9i. The thing is nice and all but the volume sucks. I can't talk while in the car with the windows down. I have to put the windows up in order to use the bluetooth. I think I read somewhere that if you hold the + and - volume button together it goes to max volume, but I can't get it to work.
    08-10-08 08:23 AM
    I have the z9i and have found it to be the best one so far. I wear glasses, and the z9i fits great. I have no problems with the sound volume. It paired quickly with the Curve.
    08-10-08 11:15 AM
    Thanks for the replies. It seems the last two are contradictory. I'm waiting for the tie-breaker
    08-13-08 09:03 PM
    Well then, allow me to break it. Since the Z9i is just a newer version of the Z9, I can say that fit is superb. But hearing is another story. In a car, windows need to be rolled up, AC off, and all kids mouths duct taped for any hearing to occur. In quiet environments, the thing is great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-08 12:31 AM
    Thank you for clearing that up.
    08-14-08 02:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD