Did anybody see Mondo Cane, the 'sixties movie about strange things around the world?

They did a segment on the "cargo cults" in the Pacific islands, where locals had watched Allied aircraft unload supplies during WWII. After the war, the soldiers left, and the aircraft that brought so many goodies from exotic places disappeared, too.

The Cargo Cults made made life-sized models out of bamboo, reeds and other materials, hoping to attract planes to return and bring them riches.

Waiting for RIM to bring a new touchscreen BB (that will actually be competitive with other latest-gen devices) is beginning to seem just as futile.
    03-22-11 08:09 PM
    My neck is getting sore from looking up and waiting.
    Good luck
    03-22-11 10:31 PM
    ROFL. I think of the intro to "Guns, Germs, and Steel" where the author talks about a conversation he had with a local in New Guinea(?). The guy asked the author (an American) why our cargo is better than theirs.

That starts to be how I feel on this storm2. Why is everyone elsea cargo better?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-11 06:24 AM
    Too funny, hopefully it will be worth the wait!
    03-23-11 07:56 AM
    So who is building a giant Storm 3 out of cardboard in the hope of having "cargo" come from the sky? Rofl.
    03-23-11 08:53 AM
    I really liked the op's story.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-11 10:47 AM
    This is next weekend's project. Met game on the radio, cold one in one hand and a hammer in the other. Of course it will have to be larger than life sized.
    03-28-11 10:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD