Hi everyone, thanks for helping me.

I have just received my Storm 9530 - unlocked and currently on New Zealands 2 degree's network. Still waiting for help from them to set up the wap internet etc... I cant find where to put any of the details my self, I hope they, or you can help me..

I also have a few questions, this is by far the most expensive and complex phone I have ever owned so please bare with me...!

How do I set up my yahoo @ymail.com email account with the blackberry?

When I have had links sent to me in sms / texts i cant just click on it, i have to struggle to try and highlight just the address, is there any way to sort that??

Also when I try to call my friend Mark from the phone book, it say sorry we didnt recognize that number, however if i type the exact same number in, it will dial and show up Marks name...!?

I'll leave it there for now, my mind is overloading!!

Thanks in advance, Oli x
    03-22-11 06:42 PM
    How do I set up my yahoo @ymail.com email account with the blackberry?

Go into SETUP; Email Settings and you should be able to set up an email from right there. you will have to put in your email name and password then it will take about 15 to 20 minutes to completely integrate. You can do that with multiple emails.
    When I have had links sent to me in sms / texts i cant just click on it, i have to struggle to try and highlight just the address, is there any way to sort that??
    Unfortunately that function is something they have kind of fixed in the next Storm. It can be hit or miss with being able to click on the link and actually have it work. Keep in mind that if the link is a video of some sort, more than likely it will not work because of flash. however Most You Tube videos will work.

Also when I try to call my friend Mark from the phone book, it say sorry we didnt recognize that number, however if i type the exact same number in, it will dial and show up Marks name...!?

I am confused on this one, are you trying to voice dial him or just click on his name in the address book? f you are trying to voice dial him it takes time for the phone to recognize your voice and will mess up frequently. If it is a matter of clicking his name and it not working correctly i would attempt a reload. Erase his name and info and reinstall his info and everything else.

Solutions to these problems are unfortunately few and far between. The first Storm was a very problem stricken phone. That doesnt mean it isnt a good phone, just bear with it, master it and eventually upgrade. I would bet by the time you have mastered it the Storm 3 will being coming out.

Some things you should get from the Black Berry App World are... well first off get the BB App World. Alot of people will suggest using Crackberry and there app world but i like to use BB App World. First and foremost you need to get Quickpull, All BB's have some form of Drain on their memory, IE RAM. If I recall correctly you may have something like 40 MB for applications once the recent OS has been installed. As you install apps or open existing applications the 40 MB starts to disappear the lower it goes the slower your phone will go. You can check this by going to options; Scroll down to Memory; Application Memory Free Space. Try to never let it go below 15mb. This is where quickpull comes into play. You may have to search for it by putting in Steelhorn (The Company Name) its free and will perform a simulated battery pull when used. This will do a reset of your phone release all of the leeched memory. Phone should then work faster for a bit.

I can go on forever I had this phone for 2 years to the day and received a free upgrade to the Storm 2. I know pretty much everything about the phone. let me know specific requests and I will help however I can.
    03-22-11 07:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD