Hello,

Opera Mini 6 has been released!
    I don't have the issue with over sensitive touchpad anymore Interface has been slight re-designed as well.

To download it, use the phone browser and navigate to m.opera.com or simply
    Last edited by PiotrJot; 03-22-11 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Barcode added :)
    03-22-11 04:15 AM
    Thanks for the Info - Downloading at the Moment
    03-22-11 05:31 AM
    Interesting.....I went to the website from my desktop....when you select the Blackberry version, the highest OS it says it is compatible with is 4.7.......
    03-22-11 08:31 AM
    Could someone using an 8530 OS 5 confirm the cursor sensitivity issue has been fixed? thanks!
    03-22-11 08:41 AM
    I just installed and this works like it should on the Torch. Looks very good!
    03-22-11 08:49 AM
    Interesting.....I went to the website from my desktop....when you select the Blackberry version, the highest OS it says it is compatible with is 4.7.......
    There must be still some updates required to Opera's file system when using the PC download option.
    Although it says that Opera Mini 6 and 4.3 are compatible with 9700, it offers only the versions 4.x to be downloaded...

Glad the direct download to the phone works
    03-22-11 08:55 AM
    Guys

Go to

mini.opera.com

ChEers

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-11 09:01 AM
    Installed it and cursor is good now. However page rendering is bad. Most pages I go to are jackked up now, especially logins. Citicards login is so messed up, you can't even enter your user name. Facebook messages is bad too.

03-22-11 10:42 AM
    Have it running on my Bold 9650 running OS 6.0.0.524, and it's great so far. HUGE improvement, has smooth scrolling mouse icon like the BB native browser, makes selecting text and links much easier. Definitely loads pages a lot faster than the BB browser. Needs a few improvements, but overall its excellent!

03-22-11 01:18 PM
    Installed it and cursor is good now. However page rendering is bad. Most pages I go to are jackked up now, especially logins. Citicards login is so messed up, you can't even enter your user name. Facebook messages is bad too.

I agree, there are some oddly formatted pages. I've even had some issues with the BB browser on formatting problems, certainly less, but this is so much faster than the native browser, at least until we get our Dakota/Montana Bold Touch devices.

03-22-11 01:21 PM
    How do you change the default browser to Opera Mini 6? How do I convert my bookmarks? I love the OS 6 but can't stand the small text. I don't wear bifocals
    03-22-11 01:27 PM
    You can't convert your bookmarks. You have to re-add them in OM. OM doesn't have access to read your BB browser bookmarks.

Also you can change the text size in your OS6 browser....
    03-22-11 01:29 PM
    I love this browser! I just need to figure out to make om my default browser.

03-22-11 02:26 PM
    Thanks for the heads up. Works very nicely on the Torch. Man its fast. Liking this version quite a bit so far.
    03-22-11 02:39 PM
    OM6 is awesome now. Surfing on this site is a breeze. However, I still use BB default browser for certain full-site like FB. Overall, OM is FAST!

03-22-11 02:47 PM
    OM6 is awesome now. Surfing on this site is a breeze. However, I still use BB default browser for certain full-site like FB. Overall, OM is FAST!

I can't figure out how to change OM to my default browser?
    03-22-11 02:57 PM
    Looks good, but no where near as quick as Webkit.

Also, doesn't render full web pages as well as Webkit

03-22-11 03:07 PM
    HUGE improvement! The cursor issue is fixed, the font rendering looks really good and I love the fact that it automatically wraps text on zoom now, instead of forcing you to scroll sideways. Not perfect, but pretty close to it and it's a great upgrade from the previous version (which worked like crap on my phone). FWIW, I'm running it on a Curve 3G 9300 with OS 5, so anyone with a similar phone (ie, 8520/8530) should definitely be happy with this upgraded version!

03-22-11 03:13 PM
    Wow Amazing on my Torch!!!, in fact I typed this in OM browser. And I'm not having rendering issues like what ralfyguy said. Anyone know if it has java now?

*EDIT*

Found a bug. Swiping down on the touch keyboard for the Torch wont close it.
    you have to open the slider for it to go away and see the rest of the screen.

Last edited by luqman24; 03-22-11 at 03:38 PM.
    03-22-11 03:26 PM
    Not sure if this option is gone or I am jsut missing a setting...

On a touch screen device in the previous version, I was able to tap the top of the page (actually the header bar) and it would goto the top of the page.

Now I have to "thumb scroll" to the top.... somewhat annoying with larger pages.

I tried swapping a few of the various settings and no joy so far.

Anyone? (Thanks in advance)
    03-22-11 03:48 PM
    Not to bad so far my track pad seems a little sensitive. But this om is very fast at loading pages. Using om to post this

03-22-11 03:56 PM
    No pinch zoom. Webpages not rendered as native browser.

03-22-11 04:01 PM
    Very good update, finally usable after a year of misery with 5.

Now RIM needs to fix the clicking on links in Twitter in the 9700 so I can keep this phone a little longer. Those two drove me up the walls all day.

03-22-11 04:11 PM
    Anyone else having these problems?

Looks good, but no where near as quick as Webkit.

Also, doesn't render full web pages as well as Webkit
    WebKit? WebKit is a toolkit, not a browser. There's no "WebKit" because all WebKit-based browsers are either slightly or very different from each other in practice.

Also, Opera Mini has compression, which makes it significantly faster.
    03-22-11 05:00 PM
    I have the Bold 9650 OS5 and just downloaded the new Opera mini 6....and....WOW. What an improvement!! The older versions never did work well for me so I stayed away from it and have been using Bolt.

My trackpad is still a little bit sensitive....but it's much improved. Super fast. Very....very happy with this new version.
    03-22-11 05:09 PM
185 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD