Does anyone have any good recommendations? I have been looking for a good app that will run the current weather conditions on my homescreen of my 9700. I use the weather channel app currently whenever I need to go in and check the forecast or what have you, but I would really like to have the homescreen one, but I cannot see spending $4-10 dollars for it....

I mean, maybe I am being picky, but couldn't someone produce a simple app like that for free or at least $.99 or so....?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-11 11:51 PM
    you could use BBweather - that just creates an icon for the app that continuously updated.
    03-22-11 12:30 AM
    I use weather plus 1.2.0

03-22-11 01:14 AM
    you could use BBweather - that just creates an icon for the app that continuously updated.
    I'm not to usually one to recommend paying for anything (Cause I love saving money ) But I will say now that BBWeather is a great app, and well worth the price tag for the full app.

Or better yet, download the free version and wait for BBWeather to be 50% off, it happens all the time.
    03-22-11 03:35 AM
    I agree. BerryWeather is the way to go. It can be set to override your homescreen image with the current weather and you can assign the image you prefer.

Another route to go, would be to use a free weather app that updates the app's icon with the current weather. Then use a theme that has a weather dock, such as Newberry or Deuce. Those 2 themes are free and can be found in the themes forums.

03-22-11 07:33 AM
    I use weather plus 1.2.0

I tried the new version of it and it lacks radar. But the GUI is nice.
    03-22-11 07:34 AM
    BerryWeather, by far, the best weather application for the BB, this is not free though, but well worth every penny, it gives you a very nice graphical interface with a 7 day ahead weather forecast, and has skins support as well to change its looks.

Link: BerryWeather - Weather in Style - VOTED BEST WEATHER APP 2010 - News & Weather BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store

Price = $9.99

03-22-11 08:34 AM
    I used Weather Plus 2.0.1 from App World. It pushes to the homescreen background. It was free when I got it. Just have to email the developer to get registration key.

03-22-11 09:23 AM
    WeatherEye from the Weather Network is good too.
    03-22-11 09:52 AM
    Weather plus V1.2

03-22-11 10:43 AM
    Try BeWeather Free... it is a free app ad I really like it.
    03-22-11 10:22 PM
    Weather plus V1.2

WOW... I like the push to screen thing... I just downloaded this app and want to know if this the free version you have? I downloaded the free version and I think the only issue I have is the weather icon is too small. how come your icon is big and you have placed the push to screen on to side like that?

I just downloaded Weather Plus 2.0.2 free version
    Last edited by mss-ca; 03-22-11 at 10:58 PM.
    03-22-11 10:33 PM
    I am using V1.2, the newer presentation of homescreen is not as nice. You still need to email them though

http://dl.immmooo.com/WeatherPlus/1.2.0/WeatherPlus.jad

03-22-11 10:55 PM
    I just use weathereye and also follow the wxTO twitter account for toronto on twitter with SMS-delivered tweets to inform me when BIS is down.

03-23-11 08:09 AM
    WeatherBug!!!

Its free and I've used it for 2 years now.

Love it!

03-23-11 08:14 AM
    I just use weathereye and also follow the wxTO twitter account for toronto on twitter with SMS-delivered tweets to inform me when BIS is down.

WXTo tell you when BIS is down?
    03-23-11 08:23 AM
    WXTo tell you when BIS is down?
    It gives me weather updates if BIS is down. Doesn't tell me. Wish RIM had a service that could though. It would be a great big help.

03-23-11 08:26 AM
    Ah okay, good idea! SMS tweets faster then weather channel sms alerts they send out? or about the same?

Wish Data Outages.com had sms feature.....
    03-23-11 08:39 AM
    Ah okay, good idea! SMS tweets faster then weather channel sms alerts they send out? or about the same?

Wish Data Outages.com had sms feature.....
    It's basically about the same. I get the DM notifications from twitter at the same time as I get the e-mail notifications. Facebook's sms notifications are faster than the app's. So it saves on data usage if you have a tight cap, ie. 1GB.

03-23-11 08:42 AM
    Will setup twitter SMS and give it a shot today, expecting storms so we will see how well all my other weather apps keep up or better.
    03-23-11 08:44 AM
    Mobile: WeatherEye BlackBerry - The Weather Network

WeatherEye, I think it's only available to Canadian users... but you can download it from AppWorld
    03-23-11 10:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD