ok, So my wife just told me a little while ago that through her work, I can get the Motorola Droid 2, X, or HTC incredible for free.

So, what are some opinions?

It looks like the Motorola phones will give me more Internal memory.Camera Megapixel differences really do not matter to me. I'm still trying to decide if I want a slide out keyboard or not. Verizon's website does not get very detailed.

Are there any other differences between the phones?
    I'm going to stop in Verizon after work to do a hands on.
    03-21-11 11:46 AM
    If you like to have a physical keyboard. Then go for the droid 2. As for the clarification and the incredible. If you like htc sense then go for the incredible.

But if you are not on a rush, why not wait until ctia was finished.

Sent by my droid
    03-21-11 11:54 AM
    I've never owned an Android phone so I don't have any opinion on HTC Sense. I'll check this out tonight at the Verizon store. What is everyone else's thoughts on HTC Sense?

This is a limited time deal plus I'm not one who has to have the latest and greatest.
    03-21-11 12:19 PM
    I've never owned an Android phone so I don't have any opinion on HTC Sense. I'll check this out tonight at the Verizon store. What is everyone else's thoughts on HTC Sense?
    Of the stock UI's, I prefer Sense over the others myself.
    03-21-11 12:23 PM
    Of the stock UI's, I prefer Sense over the others myself.
    Do you have to use Sense or can you change to the generic Android layout if you want?
    03-21-11 12:25 PM
    Do you have to use Sense or can you change to the generic Android layout if you want?
    There are numerous custom ui's that are very nice. I personally use Launcher Pro, but to debate which is the best really comes down to a matter of preference. To use the vanilla android UI usually requires rooting your device.
    03-21-11 12:32 PM
    It really a matter of preference. The moto products have thier own luncher - motoblur. While htc devices have sense.

Sent by my droid
    03-21-11 01:49 PM
    There are several launchers in the market.

+1 for launcher pro.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-11 01:59 PM
    The Droid X has the bigger screen so using the virtual keyboard is easy on it. Plus I love the big screen for videos, games and internet. The Incredible is a great phone and I really liked HTC Sense, IMO was an easy UI to get used to. I really missed the the smart address book when I went to the X. The Droid 2 will be good if you really need the slide out keyboard. I am sure you will get a better feel for it once you can get some hands on. I may be biased, but I say get the Droid X...
    03-21-11 02:34 PM
    The Droid X has the bigger screen so using the virtual keyboard is easy on it. Plus I love the big screen for videos, games and internet. The Incredible is a great phone and I really liked HTC Sense, IMO was an easy UI to get used to. I really missed the the smart address book when I went to the X. The Droid 2 will be good if you really need the slide out keyboard. I am sure you will get a better feel for it once you can get some hands on. I may be biased, but I say get the Droid X...
    Thanks for this info. Was it hard to get used to carrying a phone this large around? The size is the only think concerning me about the X. Coming from a Storm it will be a big change.
    03-21-11 02:52 PM
    Thanks for this info. Was it hard to get used to carrying a phone this large around? The size is the only think concerning me about the X. Coming from a Storm it will be a big change.
    No. Fits great in a pocket. It also feels lighter than the storm.

Typing is world's better IMO. I thought I would really miss sure press, but I don't.

03-21-11 03:01 PM
    By the way, the tabbed browsing is amazing. Hit the menu key and open a new window. The way it should be.

03-21-11 03:06 PM
    If you must have a keyboard then definitely go for the Droid 2. I had it for a few days and it was good, but didnt like how the slider mechanism was loose so I sold it. If you don't need the keyboard then I would pick the Incredible over the X anyday due to the looks. I have just always hated the look of the X. Both the Inc and X can be rooted and run customs ROMs so thats something worth looking into. In the end it all comes down to what you want out of your phone on a daily basis and how you'll be using it so good luck with your choice and do some research before hand.
    03-21-11 04:06 PM
    It doesn't even phase me. It was a little weird at first but once I got used to it, I wouldn't have it any other way. Any phone I get in the future will be this size. I love it.
    03-21-11 05:59 PM
    It doesn't even phase me. It was a little weird at first but once I got used to it, I wouldn't have it any other way. Any phone I get in the future will be this size. I love it.
    LOL thats just plain dirty talk.
    03-21-11 07:49 PM
    I stop at Verizon on the way home. I've now ruled out the Droid 2. I just done think I'll like the slider keyboard. I'm leaning towards the X. I liked the screen of the X, it seemed more responsive than the Inc.
    03-21-11 08:20 PM
    LOL thats just plain dirty talk.
    Why I would never!
    03-21-11 09:04 PM
    I had a 8830 BB before I got the X. The size took about 2 minutes to get over. It is f a s t, clear, and so far reliable. I'd not let the size matter !!!
    03-22-11 05:41 AM
    I'm on about hour 4 of my Droid X and the size doesn't faze me one bit. I am coming from a Bold 9650 and I still have a Torch (work phone). It's not that I would ever think the Bold or Torch are too small, it's just that they are both the right size for what they offer.

As of now I definitely still plan on going back to BlackBerry once the Bold Touch comes out.
    03-22-11 11:53 AM
    I have a Droid X and my wife has a Droid 2. I came from a BB Tour so the size was a concern for me at first. It ook about a day to get use to and now I could never go back. Its extremely easy to type on the X and the web surfing is great. My wires Droid 2 has the same guts as the X so it performs the same but its really thick. Because of the keyboard. I've never liked landscape keyboards so it wasn't the phone for me. Let us know what you end up with. I would also ad that the Motorola phones seem to have better battery life than the HTC phones.
    03-22-11 09:59 PM
    I have the Incredible and I love the HTC Sense. The device is awesome. You can't go wrong. My suggestion is go into your local store and play with them. Make your decision. I really like the touch screen. X and Incredible are complete touch I am so used to it.......qwerty feels weird to me now
    03-24-11 04:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD