Is there an app that will automatically send a message to someone who texts you while you're driving that'll say something like "sorry I'm driving can't answer your text" ???
    03-21-11 10:47 AM
    I know that that sends txt messages when you miss calls. Don't know if it works replies the text messages too.
    03-21-11 11:29 AM
    There are several apps that will do this. The issue is going to be how the app will know when to send the auto reply and when not to. I use Versatool, which is a nice utility app (having a number of tools), to auto reply. I just purchased Shortcuts, to see if I can set up shortcuts for setting up auto reply when in the car, so I don't have to go through a lot of time. Not sure if it will work yet though.
    03-21-11 01:37 PM
    Is there an app that will automatically send a message to someone who texts you while you're driving that'll say something like "sorry I'm driving can't answer your text" ???
    I think you should look at the inventors of the thermos bottle, they might be the only ones to figure out how to make the phone know when you're driving and when you aren't.

A thermos bottle will keep cold things cold and hot things hot; HOW DO IT KNOW?
    03-21-11 02:37 PM
    A thermos bottle will keep cold things cold and hot things hot; HOW DO IT KNOW?
    That is the punch line, as I am sure you know to one of the world's greatest - clean - jokes. Love it.
    03-21-11 02:45 PM
    I believe car and driver has an app in appworld that will do just that and its free. Drive safely also has a free version that you can read your texts outloud and send an auto response.
    BB Musketeers likes this.
    03-21-11 02:53 PM
    Really? I knew Drive Safe.ly would read emails out loud, but wasn't aware it would give auto replies for texts and emails. I've been meaning to look to see what the paid version does that the free version doesn't.
    03-21-11 03:12 PM
    Text'nDrive will send a reply. The free one will read your texts and emails to you. The paid version supposedly allows you to "write" a reply text or email just be speaking. The free one works for me.
    03-21-11 03:57 PM
    Harry_Yambag is correct, try Drivesafely Free version. In the advance settings, you can have it auto-respond to text messages and emails.
    03-21-11 07:19 PM
    We have a no text and driving product. Please see mywebsafetydotcome/kidsfirst

Once driver goes over 10 mph sending and receiving stops. Great for kids as well as all of us quilty adults.

Kim
    email me if any questions kimatfamilyisfirst.net
    05-09-11 08:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD