So a week ago I've decided to finally chill out on protection my phone and took off the case (hardshell case). Its not because I didn't like the case but because I wanted to enjoy the beauty of it, plus showing off its stylish looks as . I must say I love my phone even more now and looove the looks plus all the attention my phone gets from friends now. Also did this because I do not drop my phone a lot like most people do. I will admit I did drop it 2ice this week but nothing happened to it , not even a small scratch maybe because it dropped from a 4 foot high table. So people, if you know you don't drop your phone a lot and don't like having the case on it, let it free and enjoy all the attention from everyone (especially the ladies)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by luqman24; 03-20-11 at 09:35 PM.
    03-20-11 09:26 PM
    I rarely drop my phone... but the couple times I did it was bad luck and took some chunks out of the bezel.

So I use a really thin case now.
    03-20-11 09:32 PM
    I rarely drop my phone... but the couple times I did it was bad luck and took some chunks out of the bezel.

So I use a really thin case now.
    I've never dropped it since and I know this is risky but I thought I'd give it a try.

03-20-11 09:36 PM
    ive dropped a few different torches before, kinda sucked. but i think the phone will be too bulky with a case. im kinda sticking without one for now. not much of a fan of hard cases, especially when i can just replace the housings if needed.
    Last edited by dictoresno; 03-20-11 at 09:46 PM.
    03-20-11 09:43 PM
    My cases had save my *** more then once so the case is a must for me if I want my torch for a long time.
    I took the screen protector lol!!!!!

03-20-11 09:46 PM
    I have never had a protective case on my phone. I also took the screen protector off shortly after I bought it. When you have a device as beautiful as this, why would you want to hide it behind a case? And my screen looks brighter and more clear. Fingerprints wipe off easily now too. I love my Torch!

03-20-11 09:50 PM
    I did the exact same thing. Had a case on it from the begining and took it off a couple of days ago.

I too like it even more now. It looks so much better naked than with a case.

03-20-11 09:55 PM
    I have never had a protective case on my phone. I also took the screen protector off shortly after I bought it. When you have a device as beautiful as this, why would you want to hide it behind a case? And my screen looks brighter and more clear. Fingerprints wipe off easily now too. I love my Torch!

I wanna go all out with the screen protector too haha. So does the screen scratch easily?? And how durable do u think the screen is when it comes to scratches???

03-20-11 10:32 PM
    I wanna go all out with the screen protector too haha. So does the screen scratch easily?? And how durable do u think the screen is when it comes to scratches???

In my experience, The Torch screen is pretty durable, while it's not Corning's Gorilla Glass, it is very resistant to scratching, but by no means scratch proof, I've always used either a BestSkinsEver or GhostArmor on my devices with really good results 9 times out of 10, however even cheaper screen protectors included with some cases are good enough for most people.
    03-21-11 03:56 AM
    Yeah the torch screen is very durable. I've gone a while now without a screen protector and no scratches. That said I wouldn't put it in your pocket with keys or anything

03-21-11 04:28 AM
    I always use at the very least a ghost armor screen protector. The torch is way to bulky already to have a case on it that makes it even bulkier. IMO
    03-21-11 06:54 AM
    Yeah the torch screen is very durable. I've gone a while now without a screen protector and no scratches. That said I wouldn't put it in your pocket with keys or anything

I can't tolerate any scratch on my beloved torch screen. I use screen protector from the first day. I have storm1 which is almost now 3yrs old boy still look brand new since screen is scratchless still.

03-21-11 07:45 PM
    I can't tolerate any scratch on my beloved torch screen. I use screen protector from the first day. I have storm1 which is almost now 3yrs old boy still look brand new since screen is scratchless still.

I can't either but the reason I'm asking is that I don't wanna buy a new screen protector whenever I get a replacement device. Saves me the $$$$ haha

03-21-11 11:18 PM
    Have to say, was using a Seidio case and a screen protector. Took them both off and absolutely LOVE the difference. The phone feels sleeker and I am able to appreciate the design better. It is also much more comfortable to carry in my pocket. As for the screen protector, i find that without it I get less fingerprints on the screen and you really can appreicate the resolution much more...
    03-22-11 07:18 AM
    I can't either but the reason I'm asking is that I don't wanna buy a new screen protector whenever I get a replacement device. Saves me the $$$$ haha

Reason I bought a Ghost Armor screen protector, guaranteed for life. Ive had 4 torchs now and every one has had a ghost armor on it and I only payed for it once. Called them, made a warranty claim(charge 8.00$ S&H), send the old one back(cost of a stamp). Simple as that. They will of course charge you full price if they don't receive the old one back within 90 days of starting the warranty claim.
    03-22-11 07:25 AM
    Yep. Experienced the same for my S2. Enjoyed it a lot using it naked, and its sleek look turned heads But I'm a klutz. I drop my phone no less than a couple a times each week... pretty sad. That's why I invested in an OtterBox commuter and I have zero worries about dropping my phone . The people around me go "oh no.." when my phone drops and I don't even flinch! I love to repeat this over and over again. Haha.
    03-22-11 07:30 AM
    K I went into a Rogers store today and did a scratch test on the Torch screen but unfortunately they did not let me record it. And guess what it passed! I've used my nails, keys, and a screw with a sharp end and scratched as hard as I can and did not even see one small scratch after. I must say it is very durable when it comes to scratches which is a huge relief lol. Buuut it does attract a lot of finger prints, atleast the unit I tried had a lot of finger print smuges, which I believe is why they've included a cleaning cloth. What do you guy think? Sweet huh? :P

03-22-11 11:02 AM
    So a week ago I've decided to finally chill out on protection my phone and took off the case (hardshell case).
    Sorry, when I saw the title of this thread I had this totally goofy image of the first time they showed what Darth Vader's head looked like under that helmet.

And now back to our regularly scheduled banter.
    03-22-11 11:39 AM
    My screen has a VERY small scratch on it and I'm not sure what it's from. So....it does get hurt.

03-22-11 07:35 PM
    My screen has a VERY small scratch on it and I'm not sure what it's from. So....it does get hurt.

I have a nick in the bezel on my S2.. it did hurt when I first found out (can't even remember how I dropped it) but after a few months it looks perfectly fine to me.
    03-23-11 09:24 AM
    I have a nick in the bezel on my S2.. it did hurt when I first found out (can't even remember how I dropped it) but after a few months it looks perfectly fine to me.
    I can't even see the scratch when my screen is on and bright. I just know it's there.
    It was bound to happen sometime though. That's one more reason why I love bb's - they can take it when I beat them up (always accidentally, of course)!
    03-23-11 08:58 PM
    I've never been a big fan of cases so i have the pouch for my torch. You still have protection when not using the phone and you still get to show it off when using it and its not bad at all in your pocket. Now a screen protector is a must for me. Even tho I have it in the pouch i have to have the screen protector. Just something i been used too.
    03-24-11 11:57 AM
    I use a pouch for my Torch when it's in my purse. But it's free and naked when it's at home or work.
    03-24-11 12:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD