Hello Crackberry Forum.
    I apologize for my bad english.

I saw a lot on the internet of blackberry bold's that refuse to go on again.
    But no solution..

I got a blackberry bold 9700 and it wont go on again, it dont show any sign of life...
    First i had white screen, and i left it 1 / 2 days on my desk, after 2 days i removed the battery and after 5 days (when i had time to look for a solution) i tried to turn it on, but nothing is happening, No red light No screen Life nothing =S
    The corners of my battery are broken, but thats only the case right??
    03-20-11 03:48 AM
    try getting another battery, maybe using a friends for a second just to see if it works. i wouldnt bother trying to use, let alone charge, a cracked or potentially defective battery.
    03-20-11 04:09 AM
    try getting another battery, maybe using a friends for a second just to see if it works. i wouldnt bother trying to use, let alone charge, a cracked or potentially defective battery.
    Okee i will try, and when i charge it without a battery no red light is flashing, is that normal?

Thanks for your quick response
    03-20-11 04:20 AM
    Okee i will try, and when i charge it without a battery no red light is flashing, is that normal?

Thanks for your quick response
    you cant charge a phone with no battery in it. sometimes you might get an LED if its plugged in without a battery, sometimes you wont. i think its normal for it to not have one.
    optiflex likes this.
    03-20-11 05:13 AM
    Ow, okee thank you!

I dropped it 5 days ago in water, the battery indicator is still white but under the battery its white... I'm gues im screwed?

How much does it cost to repair this?
    And what part is the most common the damage if water damage it?
    Last edited by optiflex; 03-20-11 at 05:24 AM.
    03-20-11 05:17 AM
    Maybe you should have mentioned about the water bit right at the beginning..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-20-11 05:45 AM
    Maybe you should have mentioned about the water bit right at the beginning..

I know... But it was going on, and it wasn't a large amount, it was the water bucket of my dog.(sorry for my bad grammar and vocabulary)
    03-20-11 06:01 AM
    No worries on your grammar, actually is pretty good considering it isn't your 1st language....least I think.

Do you have a warranty on it? Insurance works on a lot of stuff, but if water logged, pretty much screwed.

Should have come on here after dropping in water as there are various threads on here about that specific issue. Odds are it may be too late.

Hopefully it will work with a new battery. Good luck!

03-20-11 07:01 AM
    No worries on your grammar, actually is pretty good considering it isn't your 1st language....least I think.

Do you have a warranty on it? Insurance works on a lot of stuff, but if water logged, pretty much screwed.

Should have come on here after dropping in water as there are various threads on here about that specific issue. Odds are it may be too late.

Hopefully it will work with a new battery. Good luck!

Thanks =D and ye.. i saw it to, but it was already to late.

Can i replace the part??
    03-20-11 07:05 AM
    It isnt the battery i gues, because the battery is giving power (tested it with a paperclip (i know it was dumb) ) Is i t possible that only the power recievers (the 4 golden triangles) are broken? instead of the motherboard orso?
    03-20-11 09:23 AM
    If you tested the battery by shorting it with a paper clip it may also have damaged the battery. However it is very likely your phone was already damaged by water and will never work again. The phone has one main circuit board and almost all the parts sensitive to water are mounted there, so when you tried to power up with a wet board it would probably destroy the processor.
    03-20-11 09:42 AM
    If you tested the battery by shorting it with a paper clip it may also have damaged the battery. However it is very likely your phone was already damaged by water and will never work again. The phone has one main circuit board and almost all the parts sensitive to water are mounted there, so when you tried to power up with a wet board it would probably destroy the processor.
    i know it was dumb =z
    Oww but the battery has a white indicator and under the battery is it red. Thats weird uh??

So maybe it only the energy senders orso that is damaged.
    03-20-11 09:49 AM
    mine always woprks
    03-20-11 11:47 AM
    What does that have to do with the OP's issue Spike?

OP, I imagine it has something to do with water damage like Branta mentioned.

I doubt there is much you can do in fixing it, but keep plugging away. Depending where you are if you don't have insurance, you might be able to find a cheap used one.

03-20-11 12:33 PM
    What does that have to do with the OP's issue Spike?

OP, I imagine it has something to do with water damage like Branta mentioned.

I doubt there is much you can do in fixing it, but keep plugging away. Depending where you are if you don't have insurance, you might be able to find a cheap used one.

Ye im going to do that.
    Or i dissamble it and sell the screen etc. How much is it worth?
    Ps: The Battery is stil working tryed on a friends bold 9700
    And some one said that maybe the motherboard replacing will help is this possible?

And a little bit oftopic is the 9000 battery same as 9700 battery?
    Last edited by optiflex; 03-20-11 at 04:55 PM.
    03-20-11 04:48 PM
    Ye im going to do that.
    Or i dissamble it and sell the screen etc. How much is it worth?
    Ps: The Battery is stil working tryed on a friends bold 9700
    And some one said that maybe the motherboard replacing will help is this possible?

And a little bit oftopic is the 9000 battery same as 9700 battery?
    you can pretty much replace every item/part on the phone EXCEPT the main circuit board. if its water damaged and isnt working, your only option is to get a new phone.
    03-20-11 07:32 PM
    Not sure if you can but you could ask your carrier to have a look and see how much it will cost them to replace your phone/motherboard. That will be cheaper than buying a new phone.
    03-20-11 07:37 PM
    How much is the bold screen and keyboard and trackpad worth?
    03-21-11 11:15 AM
    Dude just go get a good/used 9700. Probably be cheaper, unless you want to tinker with trying to fix it being it seems pretty much shot.

03-21-11 11:41 AM
    Dude just go get a good/used 9700. Probably be cheaper, unless you want to tinker with trying to fix it being it seems pretty much shot.

A friend of me gived a bold 9000 with the R and A not working is this easy to fix with a new keyboard?
    03-21-11 02:50 PM
    A friend of me gived a bold 9000 with the R and A not working is this easy to fix with a new keyboard?
    If it has water damage and it was never allowed to dry at all, it's not worth it. a repair shop will do the repairs for a fee.

03-23-11 06:28 AM
    I would think if the 9000 has not been wet a new keyboard should fix it.
    03-23-11 07:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD