I'm in the process of getting everything set up on my 9000, and I go to set up a couple of gmail accounts through the BIS email setup. It asks me if I wanna synchronize my contacts, which I assume means brings all the emails from my gmail accounts in (still haven't figured out if that assumption is right or not lol) .. anyways, after both accounts have finished syncing/activating, I notice that in my contacts/address book, every single one of my contacts has duplicate entries ... Why is that? I find myself going down and deleting one of each entry. I don't see how activating my email accounts did that .. could someone explain this to me? Thanks.
    03-17-11 09:14 PM
    i have the same problem also.
    03-19-11 06:53 PM
    I experienced the same issue - our BB support told me to do a soft reset (pulling the battery for 10 seconds). Adter reboot everything was fine. You may give it a try...
    03-20-11 02:23 AM
    Hello,
    If you have multi accounts and let them sync.this has to be done like that.
    I recommend you not to do that next time.Choose only one of your primary account.
    There are some methods..
    First method is easiest way,

In OS 6 devices there's a setting in contacts option like "Allow duplicate names " but I don't remember OS 5 has it or not in Address Book.Give it a try.

2th method is to install an app from Application World called "contacts cleaner "

3th method is...
    From Desktop Manager enter advanced and clear your all Address Book.Your address book is empty now but you have a copy of it in your gmail account(s).
    Disconnect your device from internet then enter your gmail accounts and find contacts section then choose all and delete them.what is important here is, Let only one of your gmail account edited as you wished.(Delete only duplicate ones )Delete all contacts the rest of your mail accounts.Or you can turn sync off from your device..(Setup-email accounts )
    Now you have your address book as you wished.([email protected])
    Activate your internet from your device and let it sync. with gmail.
    Now you have your clear address book.

Hope this helps,
    Fatih Kurnaz
    Turkcell,Avea,BlackBerry,BiS,

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-20-11 06:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD