I have my BB sit on my desk all day at work, and I usually have it on vibrate, but I offen listen to music so I don't hear it, but I swear I can spot that LED start to blink the very first blink.
    08-07-08 05:00 PM
    I work at a funeral home and my old phone started to play Dirty Water IN THE MIDDLE OF A FUNERAL MASS! Good grief. Anyway, that's why I chose a blackberry, it's so easy to turn it on and off. As far as the blinking LED, it will be hard to ignore it when the priest is talking. Sigh, the trials of keeping my job.
    08-24-08 03:47 PM
    I wish the screen would light up when I receive messages. It only does when I have phone calls like you big cam, I listen to music and can't hear the vibration of the phone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-08 10:01 AM
    I don't know about spotting the LED, but I sure do see a lot of phantom blinking...
    08-31-08 10:06 AM
    I have become very good at spotting the LED. I notice it on my boyfriends phone before he does most of the time.
    08-31-08 10:52 AM
    If I am at work listening to music I leave my blackberry right next to my keyboard and can usually feel the vibration in my hands. I even have it in a holster.
    08-31-08 10:58 AM
    Ha! I thought I was the only one to see phantom blinking. I feel better now, thanks mm.
    09-04-08 01:35 PM
    Ha! I thought I was the only one to see phantom blinking. I feel better now, thanks mm.
    You're welcome! It's a common problem
    09-04-08 05:20 PM
    I seem have a hawk eye for that little light. But then again I am always looking at it. LOL
    09-04-08 05:28 PM
    You're not the only one seeing phantom blinking. Sometimes my BB LED will blink red for NO REASON! It doesn't happen often but to get it to go away, I just have to open an old unread message and then mark it back unread or wait for a phone call. Ha!! As I'm typing this....the LED started flashing red.
    09-04-08 05:35 PM
    I normaly spot mine and second guess it. Lol

09-04-08 05:37 PM
    I swear... I think I pick it up before it starts blinking lol!!

My blackberry and I are in sync...

Ba da da da! (joke drums)
    09-04-08 05:44 PM
    I sometimes think I see it then pick up my curve and then just stare at it till it blinks again. More often than not it'll blink again for me.
    =8')
    09-04-08 06:01 PM
    I have seen some posts asking how to disable the LED. I can't imagine NOT having my LED!!
    09-04-08 07:54 PM
    I don't know about spotting the LED, but I sure do see a lot of phantom blinking...

Man, I thought it was just me. I cant spot the LED in an instant ( I almost think I can spot it before the send button is hit). And lets not talk about the phantom LED......
    09-04-08 07:56 PM
    Haha! Happens to me all the time, thought I was the only one going slightly BB crazy. I've pulled out my phone JUST before people call me tons of times as well.
    09-05-08 08:53 PM
    I can spot that blinking LED light from across the room, lol...gotta luv the blinking. Ok...must admit, I too know about the phantom blinking phenom. ; 0 )
    09-05-08 11:16 PM
    The LED light seems to say my name with the first blink lol My berry and I have a special connection lol

The phantom blink... out of the corner of my eye.... yes it is there... I believe in it... It does exist rofl.... It is my ghost blink ..from all the blinks in the past lol
    09-06-08 09:36 AM
    I went camping for our honeymoon and thought my phone was broken. Because we were based at the bottom of a few mountain ranges my phone wasn't picking up any signals. Which meant the reassuring blinking green light was taking a nap.

Went a hike one day and saw that it was trying to connect to O2 once we were walking up the mountain. Kept on bringing my curve out just to see if the signal would connect. My excuse to my wife was that I was using it to tell the time.

09-06-08 09:43 AM
    Ohh man the phantom LED...I can't believe so many other people have this problem.

I usually see the phantom LED blink when my berry is sitting in its phone holder on my cars vent.

I swear I see it at least 5 times in a period of 5 minutes!!
    09-11-08 07:51 PM
    I can pretty much guess when someone's about to email me, but when it comes to pin or other IM, it just depends.
    09-11-08 08:36 PM
    I used to stare at the phone out of the corner of my eye for a few seconds at a time just to see if it was blinking or not.
    09-11-08 08:38 PM
    Hey? Did you see that? Did that look like an LED that may have come from my phone? I better check just in case! LOL

09-11-08 09:26 PM
    What was that???

09-11-08 09:27 PM
    i <3 my LED
    09-14-08 01:37 PM
86 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD