Last week I was in the mist of a pretty lengthy textersation, and after about a 260 word text, my phone rebooted without me sending it. So...of course I had to wait for it to boot back up, just to re-enter my lengthy reply. I decided that I had had enough, and even though the phone that I had been waiting for, had kept getting pushed back, I decided to bolt (no pun intended) from the outdated BB smartphone.
    Having a pretty good feeling that the Thunderbolt would be released this week, I picked up an Incredible... and as others who have made that transition have said... it certainly was incredible. I had a whole week to play with it, and i'm sorry, I loved my Storm 2 (at one point), but it's not even close. Long story short, I returned the Incredible today, for my new reason never to leave the house... The HTC Thunderbolt. Today, I'm reminded of when I would get a new game, and take off work just to play with it. That's what I've been doing.

ANYONE else making the switch from the Storm 1 or 2, to the Thunderbolt?
    03-17-11 01:28 PM
    Getting my thundebolt tomorrow :-)

HTC has released 2 great devices on vzw and we are still waiting for the S3
    03-17-11 01:32 PM
    My Droid Incredible has been the most useful & most enjoyable smartphone I've ever used. I only wish it had a bigger screen -- enjoy your Thunderbolt! The thing is, though, I personally do not travel internationally. If I needed to use my phone here in the U.S. and abroad, I'd be screwed.

Verizon needs more Android phones (not just a Droid 2 Global) that have room for pre-paid SIM cards. The lack of selection is why I am going to recommend a BB for anyone that does travel internationally a lot.
    03-17-11 01:44 PM
    Getting my thundebolt tomorrow :-)

HTC has released 2 great devices on vzw and we are still waiting for the S3
    who is "we"?? AFAIK, it won't have a 4+ inch screen or be without OS issues; nor will it be a 4G phone. Whatever else it might have over the S2, it's too little too late. (and that's a huge understatement)
    03-17-11 02:35 PM
    I'm gonna wait for the s3 to drop. I need an email tool not a large screen tv.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    BayouBengal21 likes this.
    03-17-11 03:26 PM
    Matt...I know how long you've been waiting for the Thunderbolt, and I have no words to describe it... MAINLY because I'm dumbified from playing with it all day...but it was definitely worth the wait.

Those of you whom do decide to 'bolt', but with mixed feelings of leaving behind your BBM, you can still keep in touch with all of your friends via WhatsApp. ****, I even had it on my BB and it worked pretty well, as a multi-carrier platform BBM substitute. Either way...best to all.
    03-17-11 03:32 PM
    For those of you getting it, could you please update somewhere with your battery life experiences?

A friend of mine has the EVO 4G with the Seidio 3500 battery and she STILL can't get a full day out of it. As much as I am really liking the TB, I can't have a phone that can't last all day on an extended battery. So, that's going to be a main deciding factor for me.

If the batt life is acceptible I may get two of them...one to replace the S2 and one to replace the iPhone 3G. But, I'm also watching the other upcoming 4G phone releases and considering staying with BB for certain reasons (mainly cost...not having to buy everything all over again...).

Thanks!
    03-17-11 05:00 PM
    I'm gonna wait for the s3 to drop. I need an email tool not a large screen tv.

hey guess what?? you can e-mail with android and you dont have to worry about your e-mail being truncated...
    howarmat likes this.
    03-18-11 12:04 AM
    hey guess what?? you can e-mail with android and you dont have to worry about your e-mail being truncated...
    + 1, I love when people have no clue what they are talking about. Android does email better than blackberry in every way, except for alerts!
    03-18-11 12:26 AM
    That's true in theory. I've never received a truncated email.

I also like the ability on my BB to delete emails from my BB inbox and have them remain on my account.
    03-18-11 10:01 AM
    + 1, I love when people have no clue what they are talking about. Android does email better than blackberry in every way, except for alerts!
    I'll have to take your statement as opinion, since I have never played around with Activesync on Android.
    03-18-11 10:02 AM
    For those of you getting it, could you please update somewhere with your battery life experiences?

Thanks!
    Yeah...I'll be able to monitor the battery life much better over the weekend. My initial thoughts...

- it's really easy to drain your battery while using things like the animated weather, or the LIVE wallpapers (which by the looks of it...can drain the battery quite significantly).
    - ALSO...much like the Storm(s), it's important to close apps running in the background. I've found using the free "Advanced Task Killer" to be very helpful as far as that's concerned. AGAIN..I've just been getting familiar with Android and the phone itself, so I'll be able to give a much better report on battery life, in a few days.
    03-18-11 10:32 AM
    I'm going to take a stroll on the droid side . I just can't pass up the 4G connectivity. My biggest concern, though, is the battery life. If that's manageable, I will probably hang with the TB until the 4G BBs hit the market next year.
    03-18-11 11:56 AM
    I can't wait to get my Bolt! I love Blackberry and I'm really rooting for the Storm 4 to be an awesome device that brings me back. Until then I will be chowing down on frozen yogurt and gingerbread.
    03-18-11 12:03 PM
    Love my storm, waiting for Bionic and S3 to drop.
    03-18-11 12:09 PM
    Love my storm, waiting for Bionic and S3 to drop.
    Are you serious?? If so, you must know someone at RIM that was able to get you a special edition of the S2 that isn't a PITA. I feel like hurling mine against the wall today. (I wrote a thread about some of the most recent issues, a few minutes ago)
    03-18-11 12:13 PM
    Yeah...I'll be able to monitor the battery life much better over the weekend. My initial thoughts...

- it's really easy to drain your battery while using things like the animated weather, or the LIVE wallpapers (which by the looks of it...can drain the battery quite significantly).
    - ALSO...much like the Storm(s), it's important to close apps running in the background. I've found using the free "Advanced Task Killer" to be very helpful as far as that's concerned. AGAIN..I've just been getting familiar with Android and the phone itself, so I'll be able to give a much better report on battery life, in a few days.
    stop using ATK...it does not help you. PLEASE read up on task killers
    03-18-11 12:17 PM
    Task killers are the devil.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
    03-18-11 12:22 PM
    Task killers are the devil.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
    Agreed

Sent from my Motorola Atrix using Tapatalk
    03-18-11 02:11 PM
    Agreed

Sent from my Motorola Atrix using Tapatalk
    For us less informed, what is (are) "task killers?
    TIA
    03-18-11 07:35 PM
    I currently have a Storm 1 (I know I know, crazy!! ) and it has been great! I mean sure, I have to do battery pulls every now and then...but for the most part I've loved it! My husband just got a Droid X and was shocked with how much I was missing out, so I caved. my TB is being delivered Monday, and I can't WAIT to get my hands on it!!
    I'm with TurboTiger...what is a Task Killer? I would like to learn as much as I can before I start screwing with things haha
    03-19-11 03:02 PM
    I currently have a Storm 1 (I know I know, crazy!! ) and it has been great! I mean sure, I have to do battery pulls every now and then...but for the most part I've loved it! My husband just got a Droid X and was shocked with how much I was missing out, so I caved. my TB is being delivered Monday, and I can't WAIT to get my hands on it!!
    I'm with TurboTiger...what is a Task Killer? I would like to learn as much as I can before I start screwing with things haha
    Here's the thing--I don't need to do battery pulls. The phone spontaneously reboots itself often, like when I try to use the camera, or click the screen, or look at it wrong. No need to remove the back cover and battery...
    03-19-11 03:27 PM
    Holy crapoli...I just did the deed!

Thunderbolt ordered...

Anyone want to buy an S2 with lots of accessories? It's one of the well behaved ones...I just wanted something new.
    03-19-11 05:05 PM
    Thunderbolt in hand. Farewell berry addicts. I've joined the dark side

03-19-11 05:25 PM
    haha so many jumping on the TB....battery life isnt going to be great, give it a week atleast and see about where you are. LTE is going to suck it dry but you can shut LTE off and on as you please.
    03-19-11 06:20 PM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD