Hi all, I keep getting people txing me saying that i have gone from there BB list. I have had my phone for 2 weeks now and had the storm before. I did a back up of my BBm contacts via email before I changed phone. They are still on my list but I am not on there's. And I have asked them if they are deleting me and they are not. Any ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-11 12:09 PM
    Hi all, I keep getting people txing me saying that i have gone from there BB list. I have had my phone for 2 weeks now and had the storm before. I did a back up of my BBm contacts via email before I changed phone. They are still on my list but I am not on there's. And I have asked them if they are deleting me and they are not. Any ideas?

now how can you be sure they are not deleting you?
    03-17-11 12:21 PM
    your new phone has a new PIN. your contacts are saved, but it won't automatically add your new PIN to other's devices...

i believe when you bbm them for the first time, it will request them to re-add your new device, as their devices are still programed with your old PIN...
    03-17-11 12:23 PM
    your new phone has a new PIN. your contacts are saved, but it won't automatically add your new PIN to other's devices...

i believe when you bbm them for the first time, it will request them to re-add your new device, as their devices are still programed with your old PIN...
    No, if you do a switch device and / or update your BIS, it will update with the BBM contacts.

I've changed my device many times and never once had to re-add anyone...unless they deleted me
    03-17-11 02:04 PM
    I had this issue - sadly my wifes bbm kept deleting me. I thought it was her loo. But solved by reinstalling os

03-17-11 02:30 PM
    No, if you do a switch device and / or update your BIS, it will update with the BBM contacts.

I've changed my device many times and never once had to re-add anyone...unless they deleted me
    I went from a 8310 to a 9800 to a 8900 back to a 9800(long story I don't care to explain at this time), all 3 times I did a device swap via DM and all 3 times I had to recontact people and invite them back to my contact list. They all showed up on my device but as soon as i sent them a BBM I got the message to reinvite them.
    03-17-11 08:00 PM
    I went from a 8310 to a 9800 to a 8900 back to a 9800(long story I don't care to explain at this time), all 3 times I did a device swap via DM and all 3 times I had to recontact people and invite them back to my contact list. They all showed up on my device but as soon as i sent them a BBM I got the message to reinvite them.
    8100>8520>9300>9700 not ONCE did I have to re-add someone on bbm because switching devices
    03-17-11 10:08 PM
    8310 - 9700 was fine for me.

9700 - 9800 i had to re-add everybody.
    03-18-11 09:58 AM
    All of my contacts are there still but only some of them i had to re invite, but the ones that i have to re-invite keep disapearing... Out of the 61 bbm contacts i have about 10 of them keep having the problem of me disapearing off there list, but they are still on mine...
    03-19-11 06:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD