OK folks.. this is something I put together just for the simple fact that the general consensus was shifty with the new hybrids and the browser issue/improvement. I have combined the very successful 448/461 hybrid, altho i did replace the 448 files, and the 499 hybrid to somewhat make a hybrid of the two. What I can up with I was pleased enough with to upload on here, even with an extremely busy schedule lol... all i ask in return as usual is unedited feedback, good or bad just let me have it...

enjoy, LKYLe

BTHM OS6 .499 V2 (.461/.480/.486/.499/6.1.0.13) for 9700

Change log:
    1.With .461 UMTS
    -same great reception for those who had issues with the .499 Radio file
    -Browser font back to larger/easier to read size

2.With .499 UMTS
    -Able to use volume keys (skip tracks,raise/lower volume) with phone in standby mode.
    -browser has smaller font and better text wrapping

3.General Changelog (applies to both UMTS FIles)
    -Browser Cods updated
    -Improved wifi lock & Range
    -Memory Revised
    -Solid performance
    -alarm clock bug fixed
    -Mostly Updated w/ .499 cods.

+Uploaded links provided:
    BBM 6
    BBM 5.0.2
    Doc2Go 2.0

Known Bugs:
    -none.. bbm cursor fixed finally

: Please leave feedback as this is the first version of this hybrid series and it would definitely help for future versions.

Instructions:
    -backup phone

-follow these instructions:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f224/lo...-first-543077/

No Fresh OS install needed
    -download BTHM OS6 .499 V2 for 9700
    -delete entire os folder contents and replace with hybrid folder's contents.

**** It is very important that you follow the instructions exactly to get the best results. Especially in the restoration part of the files etc****

-do a couple battery pulls(how ever u feel necessary) and allow a couple or hours to settle in (12hrs) and that should be it..
    -enjoy and leave feedback

Someone suggested that I create a paypal account for anyone who would like to donate out of appreciation and I thought it wasn't a bad idea so i created an account. This is just donation if you choose.. I am not asking anyone for money and I never will...I maintain that feedback is all i will ever ask for, thank you.

[CENTER]P.S You do not need a Pay-Pal Account to donate..

Donations (Optional):

[CENTER]https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...if%3aNonHosted

THEME LINK
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f176/fr...-theme-581297/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f176/fr...ze-os6-582370/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f176/fr...-theme-586578/

Hybrid Links:

Full Hybrid Os Link:

.461 UMTS:Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

.499 UMTS:Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

.499 Vad & VVM PAtch Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

The below links are to be copy and pasted into the os folder only, do not load thru bbsak!!!

BBM 5.0.3 Links:

BBM 5.0.3 for 9700 :Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

BBM 5.0.3 for 9780 :Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

For those of you looking for mirrors of the files, please see below

BBM 5.0.2
    Get Excited!

BBM 6.0.31
    Get Excited!

Docs2go 2.0
    Get Excited!

Facebook 1.9.1.5
    Get Excited!

This Link contains all the removed files for those trying to recover the backgrounds,ringtones etc: Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

BB OS6 Ringtones (mp4 format, able to be save on a memory card): BB6rings.zip
    Last edited by Lkyleobrien; 03-30-11 at 09:56 AM. Reason: added bluetooth patch
    03-17-11 08:44 AM
    You my friend are a prince among thieves! Cant wait to try em both out!
    03-17-11 08:50 AM
    LKYLe I am using your V1 already, do I need to wipe device and do everything from scratch or is there a way of updating only changed CODs ?
    03-17-11 09:25 AM
    Kyle,

Thanks a lot for this hybrid, and most of all thank you for all the work you do to support us with the ol' 9700's

I skipped the v1, and now I will definetely give a chance to v2! Will post my findings once there is something interesting I have to say
    03-17-11 10:03 AM
    Yes. Wipe ur device please, this is a full hybrid. Not a revision. So please try to follow instructions exactly, and skip no steps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-11 10:38 AM
    subscribing.
    03-17-11 01:32 PM
    Thanks for that V2, but cant find the link ?

or am i just tired..
    03-17-11 02:45 PM
    Thanks Kyle!
    Trying it out now!
    Last edited by DudeOnFire; 03-17-11 at 02:54 PM.
    03-17-11 02:48 PM
    Thanks for that V2, but cant find the link ?

or am i just tired..
    Lol..ur just tired

03-17-11 03:06 PM
    Yes. Wipe ur device please, this is a full hybrid. Not a revision. So please try to follow instructions exactly, and skip no steps

Thanks, final question: can I use BB Boss or HybridTools to shrink the OS or its already shrunk ?
    03-17-11 03:14 PM
    Its already pre4hrunk and I honestly don't use these methods, they seemed to do more bad than good in my opinion. The decision is urs to make

03-17-11 03:21 PM
    got the file
    But cant access to BB internal memory with Desktop manager 6 ??
    03-17-11 03:40 PM
    got the file
    But cant access to BB internal memory with Desktop manager 6 ??
    I ran into what may be a similar problem, where I couldn't get loader.exe to offer up the core components of the OS to proceed with the install. Problem tuned out to be that I replaced everything in the loader files folder with the hybrid. This left me with a folder that loader.exe (and DM) didn't recognize.

Luckily, I still had my old OS installation in the recycle bin. I just had to restore the 9700AllLang_v6.0.0.499_P6.6.0.189 folder, erase its contents, and copy over the contents from the BTHM's 9700AllLang_v6.0.0.461_P6.6.0.137 folder. Loader.exe is looking for the folder name that you already have installed on your PC.

Hope this helps.
    03-17-11 03:51 PM
    The Link is V1 or V2 ????, because the filename is BTHM OS6 .461.499 Version 1(.499 UMTS).rar
    03-17-11 04:21 PM
    The Link is V1 or V2 ????, because the filename is BTHM OS6 .461.499 Version 1(.499 UMTS).rar
    It was simply Version 1 of the collaboration between .461 and .499, the link is still Version 2.

And thanks a lot Kyle, loving the options this time around. I'm going with .461 since I found the Radio best for me. Will report back on findings.
    03-17-11 05:08 PM
    I ran into what may be a similar problem, where I couldn't get loader.exe to offer up the core components of the OS to proceed with the install. Problem tuned out to be that I replaced everything in the loader files folder with the hybrid. This left me with a folder that loader.exe (and DM) didn't recognize.

Luckily, I still had my old OS installation in the recycle bin. I just had to restore the 9700AllLang_v6.0.0.499_P6.6.0.189 folder, erase its contents, and copy over the contents from the BTHM's 9700AllLang_v6.0.0.461_P6.6.0.137 folder. Loader.exe is looking for the folder name that you already have installed on your PC.

Hope this helps.
    Hey thanks, i did that, but now when im trying to update it says that i must be registered something like that and go to BlackBerry - Data Plan - Upgrade Your BlackBerry Data Plan for more informations...
    03-17-11 05:45 PM
    Thanks! I just tried the OS5 979 and OS6 499 hybrids this weekend. So it's time for another wipe and install!

03-17-11 06:46 PM
    I don't understand just copy the folder download to your phone or what ????????
    03-17-11 07:48 PM
    I don't understand just copy the folder download to your phone or what ????????
    - Download the attached BBM6 link from the OP.
    - Extract/unarchive the file.
    - Go to Common Files > Research In Motion > Shared > Loader > (whatever 9700 OS folder you have)
    - In this folder, copy/paste the BlackBerryMessenger.alx you downloaded in the BBM6 folder.
    - In this same folder, there is another one titled "Java." In that one, copy/paste the BBM6 cods, again in the BBM6 folder you downloaded.
    - Run AppLoader and go through the upgrade process.

Honestly though, BBM6 is nothing special at this stage. It has a few quirks that sent me back to BBM5.
    03-18-11 12:51 AM
    By the way Kyle, any plans on including the new Facebook 2.0 app with a workaround the keycode in your builds? I just got it this morning, and it's pretty much a day and night improvement over the current versions that are out there.
    03-18-11 01:07 AM
    Voice Dial dont work with this hybrid, I get the following error: "VSuite version mismatch; expected 4016 got 4018"

03-18-11 01:40 AM
    By the way Kyle, any plans on including the new Facebook 2.0 app with a workaround the keycode in your builds? I just got it this morning, and it's pretty much a day and night improvement over the current versions that are out there.
    Where did you acquire the cods? Any chance of shring them?
    03-18-11 01:44 AM
    Going with .499 UMTS since i actually like the browser, and most importantly i have finally got a method of having decent battery life (using 2G only). Just installed now and will come back soon to update on the findings. I found a rather heavy mem-leak with the previous .499 hybrid so will have to see if that improves. I don't really care too much about mem leaks though because i usually do a battery pull every 2 days anyway, and it definitely lasts long enough for that. As far as shrinking goes, I am quite the fan, because i don't know all the specific cods to remove if i want to shrink manually, and there are some things that just can't get removed by "unselecting" them in loader (like the startup video). Anyway, waffling now. Thanks Kyle!
    03-18-11 01:48 AM
    Hey thanks, i did that, but now when im trying to update it says that i must be registered something like that and go to BlackBerry - Data Plan - Upgrade Your BlackBerry Data Plan for more informations...
    Disconnect from internet while updating, it should fix it
    03-18-11 02:34 AM
    ok, so far seem to be having a problem with just one app (xe currency) that doesn't want to connect to the internet. Tried resending service books and all that stuff and all other apps don't have a problem connecting so not really sure what's going on. Nevermind, no big problem as i rarely use that app anyway. Just thought I'd post findings even if i have no idea if it's anything to do with the actual hybrid.
    03-18-11 03:10 AM
198 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD