Hey guys. I was hoping you could help me out. So I recently got a blackberry torch and I'm a total crackberry addict and this is my first blackberry ever. Only problem is that it failed to connect to my home wifi network, so at&t comp'd me a motorola atrix. But I gotta say, even with all the features that the atrix has, I still like my bb better. So I am still on my blackberry 2G data plan, but wanted to know if I can swap my sim card back and forth between my bb and atrix. When I do it, it seems to work fine (but the bb didn't work with all the features when I had the regular data plan)...it seems like with the bb data plan, both phones work with all the features...any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-11 02:39 PM
    both phones should work fine with the same SIM card, but I am confused by the question.....

if the only issue with the torch is your home wifi, have you tried troubleshooting your home network / the bb's network settings... could be a very easy fix....

or, if you got the bb from at&t, and it does not work properly, ask for a replacement torch, not a second phone...

Lastly, rather then getting a free phone, why not have them give you unlimited data on your bb, that way you dont even need your wifi connections, if they refuse to swap the unit....

Perhaps an OS upgrade could fix it as well....

could you please post some more information / what you have tried already, as the question is unclear.... ?

cheers,
    03-16-11 02:56 PM
    I'm confuse also. Why would they give you an atrix instead of just swapping your torch for another? As far as your data plan, the reason most things wont work on the BB is you need to have BIS connectivity in order for most things to work regardless of whether you use wifi or mobile data. As far as swapping the card back and forth, since the atrix is a non BIS device I don't know for sure if the data on the atrix would work or not. Also AT&T no longer offers an unlimited data plan.
    03-16-11 03:29 PM
    Sorry I was unclear. I did swap the device--twice. I tried every troubleshooting protocol you can think of--even contacted RIM and spoke with them for FOUR HOURS. I don't think att has an unlimited data plan for bb...

03-16-11 03:49 PM
    You basically have to set it up that way.
    BB data plan on your plan.

Both BB and non BB will work, you can swap between them freely. I did this with my Torch and Captivate (which thankfully I sold).

If you use a regular smartphone data plan the BB will have issues.
    03-16-11 04:12 PM
    Yup. I realized that when I couldn't do much on my blackberry with a regular smartphone data plan. But with my blackberry data plan, I can access both phones' features fully (I think). Haven't run into any issues yet. And on a separate note, I hope BB will have an OS update very soon because this is my 3rd torch and no one can figure out why I keep getting booted off my home network when connected to wifi

03-16-11 07:54 PM
    Probably router incompatibility or router settings.

Wifi can be very finnicky. Are you broadcasting N wireless in addition to B+G?
    03-16-11 08:03 PM
    i have a similar problem, just upgraded from a BB Torch to a HTC Sensation and my new updated sim isnt fully working in my BB, my internet services are not working.

why is this?

i only ask because i planned on using the HTC sim in my BB but if the internet features are not working, i see no point

please help
    07-09-11 11:18 PM
    10 char
    Last edited by saudadeii; 07-17-11 at 04:44 PM.
    07-10-11 10:17 AM
    A BB provsioned SIM will work very well in an Atrix or any smart phone that will work on AT&T. I do it all the time. I put my SIM in my Samsung Galaxy S2 all the time and it works perfectly.
    07-10-11 02:40 PM
    so to use a all features/apps of blackberry, I need a specific blackberry sim card data plan. Regular data plan wont work?
    07-10-11 06:17 PM
    so to use a all features/apps of blackberry, I need a specific blackberry sim card data plan. Regular data plan wont work?
    You always need a BB data plan when using any blackberry. Even if it is your secondary device.
    07-12-11 07:31 AM
    as far as getting booted off your home wifi... do you have an xbox360? if so, check the IP configuration of the xbox against the IP address your router is giving your Torch. For some reason, my router was assigning the xbox and my torch the SAME IP address, and it took me like a week to figure this out (because DHCP should NOT act like that, but whatever.) Anyways, if the IP addresses are the same, it wont fly when you turn your xbox on. This could really hold true for any connected network device, some sort of IP conflict could be causing it.

If you need help checking, I - or probably a ton of people on here - could assist you with that.
    07-13-11 06:55 AM
    I'd say swap the router encryption from WPA to WEP.
    07-13-11 07:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD