Hey there,

Looking for some advice, my BB 9650 will locate my 2007 Range Rover Sport via Bluetooth but fails to pair. I had no issue pairing an iPhone previously. RR says they support the BB 9650 but only up to OS5...Does anyone have any suggestions or experiencing the same issue?

Thanks.
    03-16-11 11:26 AM
    They better learn how to support 6, and 6.1 and 7. It's here and coming very soon.
    03-16-11 01:59 PM
    Check out this link on the Land Rover website:

Bluetooth

Just pick your model and enter your vin and it'll tell you what's compatible or not.

It looks like BlackBerry 6 is supported... they have the Torch and Style and Bold 9780 all listed..

The only issue that appears is that it seems their tested builds are all pretty early release (like when the phone launches). They only guarantee the tested versions listed, so if you have software on your phone newer than what they list on that page you could still run into issues.

Not sure what the remedy is if it doesn't want to connect though...
    03-19-11 05:09 PM
    have you tried a BB w/ OS5 to see if it pairs? If it does, perhaps you need a software update from your delaer to get OS6+ devices to pair...assuming it's just a SW issue on your RR
    03-20-11 09:14 AM
    Hi, I've just gone through this question intensively and angrily with the dealer, with Land Rover, with RIM and with O2 in the UK. OS 6 will not work with 2007 Range Rovers and they have no plans to offer a fix. O2 and the dealer suggested I buy a new car (hmm!) or downgrade back to OS5 which, although flakey, does work. However, I am struggling to do that and in trying to do so have lost the ability to synchronise Outlook on my PC with the BB
    03-21-11 05:14 AM
    DawgMan owns a 9780 + Range Rover, according to him, the only way he could get his phone connected via BlueTooth was by using OS 6.0.0.359, any other OS just wouldn't connect, he even tried upgrading the Bluetooth software on his vehicle through the workshop but no luck. For some odd reason, SO 6 was not all that compatible with his RangeRover unless he used 359, which forced him to stick to 359 despite the many OS upgrades

I just stated this to let you know that it was possible in a case, but I dont know which OS would work for you, it was 359 on the 9780.
    03-21-11 06:00 AM
    Defintely an issue. My Range Rover will only connect and pair with my 9780 if I'm using 6.0.0.359 or earlier OS build. I have taken my RR to the dealership and had them update the bluetooth software on the RR itself, but it still only pairs with .359 or earlier builds. With the newer builds like .461 and .480, it will pair, but only periodically. At this point, I'm using .359 simply because I rely the hands free, voice dialing feature that bluetooth allows. Really sucks though...
    03-21-11 07:24 AM
    Can't we make a custom build version? I mean OS6 with the bluetooth .COD from OS5?

The problem is (I think) in the map-options of OS6. Loose this option and you are good to go.
    Last edited by LandRoverwinkel; 05-14-11 at 09:04 AM.
    05-14-11 09:00 AM
    Has anyone tried the new OS version 6.6.0.223 which is provided on the att download site for the 9800? I was wondering if the bluetooth behavior had changed.
    08-16-11 04:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD