I'm thinking about buying a Torch off ebay, its a vodafone branded one.
    But I dont want to have the same mildly annoying experience I have had with my Storm2 9520, where being a vodafone branded handset it has to have the with DRM OS's.

So my question is, does a vodafone branded torch suffer from this issue as well?

Any help appreciated.

Rave
    03-15-11 04:21 PM
    What is DRM? My torch is from Voda

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-11 04:26 PM
    DRM is digital rights management (it stops you copying or sharing content) it usually pertains to purchased music and video.
    The Storm2 9520 vodafone branded handsets in the UK had this in the firmware.
    It basically meant that when a new OS was leaked or released for the 9520 it had to be a DRM version for you to use it on the handset.
    Most releases and leaks were no DRM versions, and the gap between no DRM and with DRM were quite large.
    I had to wait until vodafone released an official OS before I could upgrade my handset, or wait for a leak with DRM, which were few and far between at the time.
    03-15-11 04:55 PM
    DRM is digital rights management (it stops you copying or sharing content) it usually pertains to purchased music and video.
    The Storm2 9520 vodafone branded handsets in the UK had this in the firmware.
    It basically meant that when a new OS was leaked or released for the 9520 it had to be a DRM version for you to use it on the handset.
    Most releases and leaks were no DRM versions, and the gap between no DRM and with DRM were quite large.
    I had to wait until vodafone released an official OS before I could upgrade my handset, or wait for a leak with DRM, which were few and far between at the time.
    I'm on Vodafone UK, I've used every leaked OS that I have found on Crackberry I have no idea about the DRM but have had no problems installing any leaked OS.
    03-15-11 05:32 PM
    I'm on Vodafone UK, I've used every leaked OS that I have found on Crackberry I have no idea about the DRM but have had no problems installing any leaked OS.
    Same for me. Never had it on my Bold either.

I think the Storm was exclusive to Vodafone UK no other network had it that is probs why you had DRM.
    03-15-11 07:12 PM
    Vodafone for the time being have ditched this principal, the two storm phones were the only time it has been implemented on RIM Voda handsets.
    03-15-11 09:44 PM
    Thanks for the replies everyone, I'm glad they didn't screw the torch over!

I hope others find this post useful.
    03-16-11 06:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD