YAY!!!

go to t-mobile.com/bbupgrade
    03-14-11 10:19 PM
    YAY!!!

go to t-mobile.com/bbupgrade
    Yay! Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-11 02:12 PM
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com I went to the page and there wasn't any option to install the upgrade. How do I do it?? Pease help.

03-15-11 11:18 PM
    you type in T-Mobile.com/bbupgrade on your internet browser via your PC and then you go to the BB Bold 9780 and click install, or you can just connect your BB to your PC and open the BB desktop software and it will inform you that a new OS update is available. Probably easiest to download it directly from the T-Mobile address i gave you. You will find the BB Bold 9780 model, type in your phone number, and a new pop up screen will come up allowing you to download it.
    03-16-11 04:30 PM
    03-16-11 04:31 PM
    03-16-11 04:32 PM
    I attached the link above. Enjoy!
    03-16-11 04:33 PM
    Came through for me a few days ago via Desktop Manager.
    03-16-11 06:50 PM
    I had this version for a day and couldn't stand it. It's laggy, the battery life isn't too awesome..just not a very great "official release".

I went back to 6.0.0.480
    03-17-11 12:03 AM
    I had this version for a day and couldn't stand it. It's laggy, the battery life isn't too awesome..just not a very great "official release".

I went back to 6.0.0.480
    I am having pathetic battery time on .480!! Any advise on the battery time on .461?

03-17-11 04:22 AM
    Wow, this update was a complete FAIL for me. It now takes my phone 5 MINUTES to restart. I've only had the phone for 4 weeks. How do I go back to the original operating system? Thanks for the help.
    03-17-11 04:35 AM
    My update came as an OTA download. Easiest upgrade I have done yet!

03-17-11 07:47 AM
    The leaked OS 480 is much much better than the latest official
    03-17-11 07:51 AM
    Instructions:

Download the latest leak 480, it has most of the bugs fixed (if not all of them), it is very snappy.

Download the Operating System from the below link:

http://www.multiupload.com/M9GF7JZC70

Make sure you create a backup using the BlackBerry Desktop Manager before you perform the below! Close it after the backup is done!

Instructions For Installation:

1) Install the *.exe file you just downloaded.

2) Navigate to Computer >>> C: >>> Program Files >>> Common Files >>> Research in Motion >>> Apploader

OR to Computer >>> C: >>> Program Files (x86) >>> Common Files >>> Research in Motion >>> Apploader (if you have a 64-Bit Windows Operating System)

3) Delete the file named vendor.xml

4) Connect your BlackBerry through the USB port

5) Run loader.exe

6) Follow the on-screen instructions and enjoy.
    03-17-11 07:55 AM
    My update came as an OTA download. Easiest upgrade I have done yet!
    Could you give us a feedback on the battery time in day or two as the OS settles down.

03-17-11 08:58 AM
    Could you give us a feedback on the battery time in day or two as the OS settles down.

A day or two is not enough for the battery to settle in.

Only after the 4th day did my battery readings on Meter Berry become right, before that they were soaring high at 7-12% per hour....on the 4 - 5th day, they went down all the way to 2% per hour hourly discharge rate
    03-17-11 09:00 AM

Only after the 4th day did my battery readings on Meter Berry become right, before that they were soaring high at 7-12% per hour....on the 4 - 5th day, they went down all the way to 2% per hour hourly discharge rate
    Point taken. Thanks.

03-17-11 09:29 AM
    Without Meter Berry to judge officially, I would echo other comments here, that battery life was pretty crazy on the first day, but it seemed like I did an awful lot on my phone yesterday, and worked a LONG day, running pandora for about an hour at the end of it, and I only plugged it into charge as a matter of habit last night.

03-17-11 09:40 AM

Why would the phone act in that manner after this OS update? Never heard anyone report anything like that with the other OS releases... I can't attest to this myself since I haven't upgraded my OS yet but it just seems odd to me....
    03-17-11 04:48 PM
    Why would the phone act in that manner after this OS update? Never heard anyone report anything like that with the other OS releases... I can't attest to this myself since I haven't upgraded my OS yet but it just seems odd to me....
    Exactly! You just echoed my thoughts. 12% to 2% per hour is a huge difference!!
    Anyways, today is the 3rd day and rather than the battery, I guess I am settling in.. (feeling lazy to downgrade)

Last edited by Kishore Thaakur; 03-17-11 at 09:42 PM.
    03-17-11 09:28 PM
    Exactly! You just echoed my thoughts. 12% to 2% per hour is a huge difference!!
    Anyways, today is the 3rd day and rather than the battery, I guess I am settling in.. (feeling lazy to downgrade)

I have a theory about ML's meterberry report. Just a theory. Whenever he loads an OS, he does a full wipe and then restores all 20+ of his 3rd party apps manually. He mentions that he has them all bookmarked. He would also be doing several physical battery pulls for the first couple of days. All those downloads & batt pulls would suck a lot of juice. And of course all of us would be exploring our new OS and thus use the phone a lot more during those first couple of days. So I believe his 12% to 2% usage after 3-4 days.

03-17-11 10:16 PM
    I'm using Bundle 1879. Dunno if I should check this out.
    03-17-11 10:28 PM
    I have a theory about ML's meterberry report. Just a theory. Whenever he loads an OS, he does a full wipe and then restores all 20+ of his 3rd party apps manually. He mentions that he has them all bookmarked. He would also be doing several physical battery pulls for the first couple of days. All those downloads & batt pulls would suck a lot of juice. And of course all of us would be exploring our new OS and thus use the phone a lot more during those first couple of days. So I believe his 12% to 2% usage after 3-4 days.

That sounds logical!

03-17-11 11:23 PM
    I've had the new OS for a few days and my battery seems to go longer. Before it usually goes about a day and a half with heavy use & now it looks like its been extended to 2 days worth of battery power with a full charge. That's all I've noticed besides the new thumnails in the browser and the media keys become smaller.

03-18-11 07:15 AM
    I'm using Bundle 1879. Dunno if I should check this out.
    Bundle 1879 is OS .448, so you're already checking it out... how is it for you?

03-18-11 08:16 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD