I recently got my BB Torch on the 26th of December, and it was great up until the end of February when suddenly it would stop receiving text messages selectively every couple of hours until I did either a soft reset with Alt/Shift/Del or a battery/SIM pull. Then all the texts that were missed would suddenly come through all at once, as if I had been without service and just entered a service area. The weird part, however, is that other services, like the phone, the blackberry network (browser, MSN, BBM, Facebook and other 3G services) were perfectly fine and working in real time.

I've already tried a few things like registering with my Host Routing Table, numerous SIM/Battery Pulls, Killing the phone for an entire hour with no power or battery and restarting it to no avail. Signal/Reception is not an issue since I have full signal at all times anyway, live next to a cell tower, and use a cell reception booster at work.

My service provider is Bell Canada, and I have called them repeatedly and gone into their outlets, but as expected of modern tech/customer support, they knew absolutely nothing and couldn't even tell me why my phone wasn't receiving texts despite being able to see which ones were missed. I'm at wits end over this thing and it's a huge issue for me since majority of my communication with the phone is done with text messaging which is now unreliable at times and outright broken at most.
    03-14-11 07:52 PM
    So you called 1-877-DATA-123? I had to recently call them cause I had similar issues. I called about 4 times before someone knew what they were doing and fixed it now I get everything real time
    03-14-11 08:01 PM
    I've called them 3 times to no avail. All they do is escalate my ticket, it goes to a tech who calls me to tell me it "Should be working now", I get all the missed messages, and then sure enough a few hours later it's back to not working again.

EDIT: On the few occasions I did go into the Bell store, all they did was take me to the phone in the corner and dial that number to let the phone do their jobs anyway.
    03-14-11 08:04 PM
    I had this same problem with my old phone!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-14-11 08:06 PM
    Do you know if they reset your network from their end? That tends to help the situation...I'm with Rogers and I had that issue about 2 weeks ago where I suddenly wasn't receiving texts at all and that fixed it.

GoodLuck
    03-14-11 08:48 PM
    No idea. I'll ask them the next time I call them, but I really don't expect much of them. Bell has the tendency to stonewall when you ask them to do anything like that.
    03-14-11 09:12 PM
    I am experiencing the same problem with Bell right now. I was on the phone with them for 3 hours they had me pull the battery, completely wipe the phone etc. etc. They keep telling me my phone is fine and it is just a network problem. 3 days later they phoned me back and told me my phone was defective, and that I should send it in for repair. I drove to the store to have the store employees tell me that nothing was wrong with my phone. I insisted they send it as per their Data Support people. Then they didn't have any loaners and would put me on a wait list. I caused a scene, demanded they find me a phone now and had to drive 40 min away to finally get a loaner. Now the loaner is doing the same thing. So I am going to have to call them back today again and waste another whole day. It is a very frustrating situation and no one seems to want to help. If it continues I am afraid that I will have to cancel my contract and switch carriers.
    03-21-11 08:28 AM
    My friends with iPhones on the Bell/Telus network occasionally experience delayed text messages (for sending and receiving) so this is not a BlackBerry-only problem and I would suspect it's a network problem, not a handset problem.
    03-21-11 08:47 AM
    My friends with iPhones on the Bell/Telus network occasionally experience delayed text messages (for sending and receiving) so this is not a BlackBerry-only problem and I would suspect it's a network problem, not a handset problem.
    My husband has an iPhone and he receives my messages right away but I don't receive his messages and we are both on the same network. Bell is telling me that it is not a network problem since we can be in the same place when we receive or not receive the messages. Now they are telling me it may possibly be my number which I have had for at least 3 years.....still waiting for an answer
    03-21-11 01:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD