hated to do it but the bugs, keyboard problems and connection issues are too much. so back to a fuzzy screen but i think a more reliable and better keyboard...never should have gone away from my 9700 which had the BEST keyboard.

oh well live and learn. hopefully this will work out fine. at least i can type an email and surf while talking....without letters spacebar etc stuttering double letters!!! crap.
    03-12-11 08:27 PM
    I think the curve series have the best keyboard. I've used 970. And didn't like the keyboard at all

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-11 09:23 PM
    I have owned 3 9780 and all of them were perfect, and so are many of my friends. Seems like you got a bad badge of 9780s at the store you were buying it from.

enjoy your fuzzy screen and slightly bulged out 9300 Trackpad

Check your trackpad, it's not flat like the 9780 / 9700, it is slightly elevated / buldged out....how does this make a difference.........you will see soon

Motion will not be smooth.....if your finger is even 1% damp, the motion will not be as smooth, try scrolling vertically and you'll know what I mean

Good luck with your lovely 9300 entry level Curve
    03-12-11 09:47 PM
    I have owned 3 9780 and all of them were perfect, and so are many of my friends. Seems like you got a bad badge of 9780s at the store you were buying it from.

Check your trackpad, it's not flat like the 9780 / 9700, it is slightly elevated / buldged out....how does this make a difference.........you will see soon

Motion will not be smooth.....if your finger is even 1% damp, the motion will not be as smooth, try scrolling vertically and you'll know what I mean

these caustic comments aren't appreciate...
    03-12-11 10:27 PM

))) if the Bold 9780 is so perfect how come you've owned 3 of them?? That doesn't sound very great 2 me lol )))

03-13-11 05:13 AM
    ))) if the Bold 9780 is so perfect how come you've owned 3 of them?? That doesn't sound very great 2 me lol )))

Simple man,

I have a Black one...

I bought my GF a white one and I know its fine, I use it all the time when I'm with her to update it

I bought a black for my best friend Mr. Saif on his birthday that is also perfect.
    03-13-11 06:52 AM

Curve 3G can do everything that your Bold 9780 can, can it not?

The guy was just talking about a phone, no need to put him down like that, it's just an effin phone. It's not like it adds inches to your di*k.

Do you also want me to tell you what my Nexus S can do that your Bold 9780 can't?
    03-13-11 09:39 AM
    all have good and bad points. eventually will probably go back to the 9700. i know there are issues with all versions of different models and to each their own but very frustrating with quality control with RIM. had a total of 2 different 9780's and from different stores all mexico 4 and both had problems. oh well thats the nature of the business.
    03-13-11 10:26 AM

this rant from you makes you sound like a total knob and probably means you are the person that everybody avoids trying to talk to at partys

03-13-11 10:50 AM
    amen bigtime2 and fuzzybhoy
    03-13-11 11:45 AM
    sorry guys I didn't mean to put him down, just saying that the Bold 9780 is so much more advanced than an entry level Curve.

Camera is only 2 MP, no flash, lower capacity battery and screen, worse trackpad, it is buldged out not flat like the Bold 9780 / 9700 which makes the motion not smooth, don't believe me? im sure you can find many threads complaining about the trackpad glitchiness on the Curve 9300.

Just my 2 cents
    03-13-11 02:14 PM

Enjoy your "entry level curve"???? Wow, that is the single douchiest thing I've ever read on this forum. You're like the guy who has a BMW who talks down to someone who has a civic... except you also realistically have an entry level smartphone that costs no more than $100 than the other. I mean, we get a lot of flak from iPhone and Android users fair enough, but from another BB user? Who basically has the same phone?

By the way, the trackpad is just fine, maybe you just have sweaty palms? If you're going to complain about that we have the same complaint about the ****ty keyboard on the Bold... if I didn't mind having a difficult time responding to lengthy emails like I do on that device I would have gotten a touchscreen - the keyboard is light years more usable on a curve. Photographers do not use phones as cameras, the 2MP is fine for facebook. The battery life is more than enough and anything in addition to that makes not a lick of difference. The only thing I'll give you is screen resolution... hard to notice, but if you zoom into pics it is definitely more pixelated. Also, I will admit having 512mb of memory would be nice... it's the only thing I would buy a Bold for.

But really, you just paid a premium for a phone that is almost the same as the curve - it runs the same OS, runs the same apps, has the same processor speed.. there's nothing I'm aware of that a bold can run that a curve cannot - except it has a better camera, which is as meaningful to me as the Curve's "dedicated media keys" (both useless). The smart thing for most people to do would be to get a Bold on contract, flip it online and getting a curve to do the exact same thing while saving $150.

And using that money towards a proper camera if you want to be a photographer. Or a much better Bold (maybe) down the line.

Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by svelt; 03-14-11 at 02:39 PM.
    big_time2 likes this.
    03-14-11 02:26 PM
    Enjoy your "entry level curve"???? Wow, that is the single douchiest thing I've ever read on this forum. You're like the guy who has a BMW who talks down to someone who has a civic... except you also realistically have an entry level smartphone that costs no more than $100 than the other. I mean, we get a lot of flak from iPhone and Android users fair enough, but from another BB user? Who basically has the same phone?

By the way, the trackpad is just fine, maybe you just have sweaty palms? If you're going to complain about that we have the same complaint about the ****ty keyboard on the Bold... if I didn't mind having a difficult time responding to lengthy emails like I do on that device I would have gotten a touchscreen - the keyboard is light years more usable on a curve. Photographers do not use phones as cameras, the 2MP is fine for facebook. The battery life is more than enough and anything in addition to that makes not a lick of difference. The only thing I'll give you is screen resolution... hard to notice, but if you zoom into pics it is definitely more pixelated. Also, I will admit having 512mb of memory would be nice... it's the only thing I would buy a Bold for.

But really, you just paid a premium for a phone that is almost the same as the curve - it runs the same OS, runs the same apps, has the same processor speed.. there's nothing I'm aware of that a bold can run that a curve cannot - except it has a better camera, which is as meaningful to me as the Curve's "dedicated media keys" (both useless). The smart thing for most people to do would be to get a Bold on contract, flip it online and getting a curve to do the exact same thing while saving $150.

And using that money towards a proper camera if you want to be a photographer. Or a much better Bold (maybe) down the line.

Just my 2 cents.
    I'm glad u r so happy with ur curve. It is a good device on its own. But my only reason to say what I said above is a downgrade from a premium phone just coz he had bad luck with its keyboard rather then insist on having it replaced with a proper one. I've had 3 9780s that were all perfect, all retail units made in Hunfary 2. And me saving 150 to get a good camera is a good suggestion, however, I rarely take pics so I don't want to carry a camera around, just nice to have a good cam on the phone for when u need it.

Just my 2 cents

03-15-11 01:07 AM
    sorry guys I didn't mean to put him down, just saying that the Bold 9780 is so much more advanced than an entry level Curve.

Camera is only 2 MP, no flash, lower capacity battery and screen, worse trackpad, it is buldged out not flat like the Bold 9780 / 9700 which makes the motion not smooth, don't believe me? im sure you can find many threads complaining about the trackpad glitchiness on the Curve 9300.
    Just my 2 cents
    Again you and your stupid theory about the trackpad. Let me repeat you once again, and please read and learn and stop posting the same crap over and over. In fact, let me quote the whole thing again.
    The 8520, 9700, and the 9780 all have a FLAT trackpad, which is very smooth for operation, and works even if your finger is a bit damp (not wet obviously)

The 9800 and 9300 have a slightly buldged out trackpad if you notice, although this might seem ok for users who haven't tried the Bold or Curve 8520 trackpad, it actually makes the trackpad a bit less responsive durinv vertical scrolling

You can try for yourself and you'll know what Im talking about. I had the same issue when I had my 9800
    The trackpad being bulged out has nothing to do with it being less responsive. The whole trackpad housing has the same size on every device, meaning that, the sensor is in the same place and has the same distance from the pad surface whether it is the 9700, 9800, 8520 and so on. The only difference is the housing on the phone that actually makes the whole trackpad housing protrude more. You probably had a faulty trackpad on that torch, as this was something not rare in their first batch.

Otherwise, i would be having trackpad problems with mine, which i dont, it moves exactly the same as in my 9780, 9700, 8520, 9650 and 9300. There is a great chance that the trackpad is of lesser quality or faulty, just as in a friend's 9800, where the trackpad kinda sucks, but it has nothing to do with it protruding.
    The trackpad internal length between the sensor and the surface is the same for every device with trackpad. Any failure or malfunctioning is to be blamed on the trackpad quality, for which the device is not at fault.

Why do you post without having previous experience with the devices? Is it fun to you to misinform people? I really dont understand why people like you are allowed to post like that. And you dont even have the minimal interest in actually correcting your information, you just keep posting the same lies over and over. Unlike others, that actually are interested in learning, myself included, you just think that all your information is correct and absolute and you keep posting it, even when its wrong and people tell you whats correct, but you just dont pay attention, ending with people getting misled by your words.
    03-17-11 06:24 AM
    Again you and your stupid theory about the trackpad. Let me repeat you once again, and please read and learn and stop posting the same crap over and over. In fact, let me quote the whole thing again.
    The trackpad internal length between the sensor and the surface is the same for every device with trackpad. Any failure or malfunctioning is to be blamed on the trackpad quality, for which the device is not at fault.

Why do you post without having previous experience with the devices? Is it fun to you to misinform people? I really dont understand why people like you are allowed to post like that. And you dont even have the minimal interest in actually correcting your information, you just keep posting the same lies over and over. Unlike others, that actually are interested in learning, myself included, you just think that all your information is correct and absolute and you keep posting it, even when its wrong and people tell you whats correct, but you just dont pay attention, ending with people getting misled by your words.

The amount of thanks I have on my account prove that what I post IS useful.

IMO, the Curve and the Torch have sub standard quality trackpads and IT IS DUE TO the bulgy form. I don't want u to believe me, I have owned 2 Curve 3Gs and 1 Torch, and have personally tested many 9800 and 9300s with friends and at the stores and can verify that the flat trackpad found on the 9700, 9780, and the 8520 is much smoother..

Why do you think there are so many complaint threads on the 9300 forums about the trackpad? why don't u find so many on the 9780 and 9700

if you don't like what I say, post something to contradict it rather than name call like a baby.

You have just been added to my ignore list n00b
    03-17-11 07:14 AM

IMO, the Curve and the Torch have sub standard quality trackpads and IT IS DUE TO the bulgy form. I don't want u to believe me, I have owned 2 Curve 3Gs and 1 Torch, and have personally tested many 9800 and 9300s with friends and at the stores and can verify that the flat trackpad found on the 9700, 9780, and the 8520 is much smoother..

Why do you think there are so many complaint threads on the 9300 forums about the trackpad? why don't u find so many on the 9780 and 9700

if you don't like what I say, post something to contradict it rather than name call like a baby.

ML you should know better. How many threads/post are there on your precious 9780 with keyboard etc. problems? So pick your poison as you call it a faulty trackpad or a faulty keyboard. And as you know not everyone has or experiences the faults.

I bet you also think that just because someone drives an old car that they are worthless and a loser. Try looking up once in awhile instead of down.
    03-17-11 07:26 AM

Noob? baby? hahaha damn arab piece of turd, google something more interesting to insult me with, not these nerdy old fashioned words. I dont give a crap being in your ignore list, i will just post in each one of your stupid opinionated lies for other people. At this point, i dont give a crap whether you come out of your own world, i will just help the readers so they dont swallow that massive unrecyclable pile of trash you vomit.
    Who do you think are you lying? you are just nothing more than a college kid, that is if you ever got to college, im not going to write you a research paper, you are the one who still has to do that, i've already passed that phase of my life.
    Yet again 3 devices, DAMN, now thats what i call, owning yourself. My experience in repairing blackberries as a hobbyist for an actual smartphone repair store is actually more fruitful than your experience "testing" test devices at stores and playing with your friends devices, and obviously, the 3 devices you have owned. I dont have to believe you, because obviously yours are baseless lies, i have disassembled these trackpads over and over.

Good to see you having many persuaded thanks, let me give you a piece of advice kid, post count and thanks count do not count for experience. Besides, im not the wh0re who had in the signature a line saying to press the thanks button "if you liked my post", i really dont give a crap about people pressing my "thanks" button just like many of the mature people here, you are just an attention wh0re kid, thats everything you are. Not to mention that you spam like crazy. You are just like a nerd that thinks post count is what? a resume?

Go run away to momma and ignore everyone that opposes your silly made up lines, what a phucking loser hahaha lets suck out that history of the scammer you were like 4 months ago.

As on the actual topic, again, the trackpads are the same. What changes is the phone housing and it being bulged has nothing to do with it being non responsive or smooth. Second time i repeat this, so for those reading, dont believe the trash this guy is talking. Every phone has its defects as well as the trackpads, but their placement is not the problem.
    Last edited by gbsn; 03-17-11 at 07:58 AM.
    03-17-11 07:42 AM
    ML you should know better. How many threads/post are there on your precious 9780 with keyboard etc. problems? So pick your poison as you call it a faulty trackpad or a faulty keyboard. And as you know not everyone has or experiences the faults.

I bet you also think that just because someone drives an old car that they are worthless and a loser. Try looking up once in awhile instead of down.

EXCUSE ME? how many threads? LOL!!

I just had a concern once that when I type a spacebar IN THE ADDRESS BAR OF THE BROWSER, the spacebar turns out to be a dot, turned out to be the stupid Hybrid I was using, has nothing to do with the keyboard!

Go figure

Welcome to my ignore list as well
    03-17-11 07:57 AM
    EXCUSE ME? how many threads? LOL!!

I just had a concern once that when I type a spacebar IN THE ADDRESS BAR OF THE BROWSER, the spacebar turns out to be a dot, turned out to be the stupid Hybrid I was using, has nothing to do with the keyboard!

Go figure

Welcome to my ignore list as well
    Guess you're ignoring me and I don't care and don't even know why I'm responding LOL. I wasn't saying you have a lot of threads/post about the keyboard but there are some with activity.

I feel special now, Thanks! and no I didn't push your button!

Just thought of something too funny.................... who is going to start the I've been ignored by ML and love it BBM group ROTFLMAO!
    Last edited by kbz1960; 03-17-11 at 04:00 PM. Reason: add group
    03-17-11 03:52 PM
    I'm still waiting to be added to the ignore list... I asked nicely and all I got was whined about and my post deleted because ML can't take criticism.

Again:
    Please add me to your ignore list.
    03-17-11 04:27 PM
    Noob? baby? hahaha damn arab piece of turd, google something more interesting to insult me with, not these nerdy old fashioned words. I dont give a crap being in your ignore list, i will just post in each one of your stupid opinionated lies for other people. At this point, i dont give a crap whether you come out of your own world, i will just help the readers so they dont swallow that massive unrecyclable pile of trash you vomit.
    Who do you think are you lying? you are just nothing more than a college kid, that is if you ever got to college, im not going to write you a research paper, you are the one who still has to do that, i've already passed that phase of my life.
    Yet again 3 devices, DAMN, now thats what i call, owning yourself. My experience in repairing blackberries as a hobbyist for an actual smartphone repair store is actually more fruitful than your experience "testing" test devices at stores and playing with your friends devices, and obviously, the 3 devices you have owned. I dont have to believe you, because obviously yours are baseless lies, i have disassembled these trackpads over and over.

Good to see you having many persuaded thanks, let me give you a piece of advice kid, post count and thanks count do not count for experience. Besides, im not the wh0re who had in the signature a line saying to press the thanks button "if you liked my post", i really dont give a crap about people pressing my "thanks" button just like many of the mature people here, you are just an attention wh0re kid, thats everything you are. Not to mention that you spam like crazy. You are just like a nerd that thinks post count is what? a resume?

Go run away to momma and ignore everyone that opposes your silly made up lines, what a phucking loser hahaha lets suck out that history of the scammer you were like 4 months ago.

As on the actual topic, again, the trackpads are the same. What changes is the phone housing and it being bulged has nothing to do with it being non responsive or smooth. Second time i repeat this, so for those reading, dont believe the trash this guy is talking. Every phone has its defects as well as the trackpads, but their placement is not the problem.
    Screeeeenshot helper, the guy (ML) talks out of his bottomhole and does not own anything. Everything is just made up, posting reviews like a little kid without prior usage, ruining ratings in mobihand.

Lets see, since when do you REview without previously viewing? :] Since when do you review a product without previously TRYING it? Loser.

Go drown in your own ignorance and inexperience, once again, you have been owned.
    Last edited by nhd64; 03-20-11 at 05:43 PM.
    03-20-11 05:53 AM
    hated to do it but the bugs, keyboard problems and connection issues are too much. so back to a fuzzy screen but i think a more reliable and better keyboard...never should have gone away from my 9700 which had the BEST keyboard.

oh well live and learn. hopefully this will work out fine. at least i can type an email and surf while talking....without letters spacebar etc stuttering double letters!!! crap.
    I understand Davwall. I checked out the keyboards multiple times for the 9650 and the 9300 before making the choice to get another curve. I went from a 8330 to a droid and back to the 9300. I've had my new curve for a couple of months now and am very happy with the choice. I have several friends who have 9780s and 9650s and it is hard for me to use their keyboards. It's definitely a personal choice. Happy that the curve is working for you.
    03-20-11 02:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD