Do you guys feel like your left out because you have a BlackBerry, i mean we have no cool apps, and if there's a cool app we get it last or a half a** remake like angry farm which totally blows with poor sound and twitchy graphics and now live profile which i think will kill bbm. i am pretty new to BlackBerry, 5 months now and i am starting to regret getting my torch and its not the phone itself, i came from a Motorola VA76R. i thought bbm was gonna be the sh** and people were like ya man bbm ftw and all the people that talked about bbm just send sms messages. i just had to get this off my chest and i wanted to know if you guys feel the same. sorry for the rant stick a fork in me cause i am done
    03-12-11 07:50 PM
    Do you guys feel like your left out because you have a BlackBerry, i mean we have no cool apps, and if there's a cool app we get it last or a half a** remake like angry farm which totally blows with poor sound and twitchy graphics and now live profile which i think will kill bbm. i am pretty new to BlackBerry, 5 months now and i am starting to regret getting my torch and its not the phone itself, i came from a Motorola VA76R. i thought bbm was gonna be the sh** and people were like ya man bbm ftw and all the people that talked about bbm just send sms messages. i just had to get this off my chest and i wanted to know if you guys feel the same. sorry for the rant stick a fork in me cause i am done
    Yes. BlackBerries aren't made for 3rd party apps clearly. Even RIM knows that so they made their developer program free to bribe people to make apps for them. Of course the keyboard is nice though.
    03-12-11 08:00 PM
    ya i get what your saying i am starting to think i just made the wrong decision getting the torch. but i think i may just have a android crush lol
    03-12-11 08:06 PM
    I don't feel left out at all. My Torch is exactly what I want and it fit my needs perfectly. I love my Blackberry. Best choice for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-11 08:32 PM
    I only feel left out in terms of the web browser.

As far as the apps go, there are WAY more apps available for BB than I will every need/use. The iPhone and Android devices may have a lot of apps, but if you actually dive in and see what they are you will discover that there are a TON of apps that are all the same thing. I really don't need even one version of a fart app, much less 50 of them...
    03-12-11 08:47 PM
    For what I need my 9700, I have the 3rd party apps I need, and they work fine.
    03-12-11 08:52 PM
    I got my blackberry knowing 3rd party apps/games would be ****ty, but i dont regret it at all it does everything I need it to do (VERY good for sms/bbm and email, and some occasional web browsing)

I dunno about you guys, but i have an itouch and it was really cool when i first got it and couldn't stop playing with it.. but that kinda died off and i dont use my itouch for anything more than playing music now. they just drain your battery anyways, and i have being low on juice (in this case, for example, the iphone)
    03-12-11 09:05 PM
    I definitely don't regret getting the Torch. BBM is better than text when you want to trash talk live during a football or hockey game, or even American Idol for that matter. I check the App World fairly regularly and have quite a few apps now. And I use most of them frequently and some of them a lot.
    03-12-11 09:11 PM
    1st off let me say this way a well put together post. I can see where blackbery seems so lukewarm compared to the other platforms with you just now getting into them. See back yrs ago blackberry was doing what the others are finally doing. We used xls,docs, and media files flawlessly. Just a year or so ago ios and android had a hard time with office apps on their devices. The best at that time was to log into a web site to open em up. Untell midway with the IP 3gs apple couldn't send or receive mms or have control over ringtones and what not. So as a long time blackberry user I don't feel left behind. If anything I just see the rest of the world getting a clue and catching up. I happen to like the apps on my blackberrys. I use em dayly. My wife has so many apps on her ips and don't use hardly any.

03-12-11 09:20 PM
    i see what you guys are saying but whats really pissing me off right now is when a app is released we get it last and its nowhere as good as the other platforms app. for example the facebook app sucks for the blackberry angry farm sucks also and look at the price on that just because we have a blackberry. i love what my bb does for me and no other phone delivers email like a blackberry
    03-12-11 09:36 PM
    As you can see on my signature, i've owned a lot of phones, and i didn't include the phones that i only had for less than 6 months.
    i have an idea of what you're trying to say, and maybe the BlackBerry isn't for you.
    i can only speak for my experience, but i don't need 200,000 apps. most of them are redundant anyway. Like how many weather apps do you want installed in your phone.
    Same thing with Poynt and Where and Yelp.. i only need ONE.

the Torch suits my needs, since i Tether a lot on my Macbook Pro.. i only browse the web using the phone if i know i only have less than 5 minutes, but if i know i'll be working a lot, then i'll pull out the Laptop.

as for the BlackBerry apps, i like the BlackBerry Travel which i'm using a lot, the BlackBerry protect, BlackBerry traffic, Evernote, BerryBuzz, BerryWeather, Foursquare, Facebook, SocialScope, Twitter, Flixter, shazam, FiosTVDVR, Paypal, Ebay, Google maps, Bing, Bing Maps, Score Mobile, CrackBerry app, Dictionary, QX Calculator, Quick Launch, Six Tools, BlackBerry Wallet, Barcode Reader, Kindle App, Pandora, Patriots app and the Holy Bible.

i'm sure there's 5-10 more apps that i haven't listed there..( like the games etc.)
    But those are what i need.. with a big stress in "I".

Now, maybe you need to populate your phone with 50,000 apps all at once.
    then the Android or the IOS will probably fit you
    03-12-11 09:38 PM
    hey i agree with everyone about the apps and like apple says "there's an app for that" and i say "do i need an app for that" or that many apps for one thing. i have a few apps too that i use everyday there's just that lack of that's killing me.

I must be on my man rag or something lol i like my torch maybe just alittle bored with it or something. i did alot of research before getting this phone and was maybe hopeful that there would be a few better games. i did buy it for the email system and the bbm anyhow.
    Last edited by thornm; 03-12-11 at 10:03 PM.
    03-12-11 09:54 PM
    Do you guys feel like your left out because you have a BlackBerry
    No. BB is what BB is. If I weren't happy with it because it doesn't do or have something that another device does or has, I'd just get that other device, plain and simple. It isn't perfect, but no device is. For me, BB's strengths outweighs its shortcomings more than any other device.

03-12-11 10:20 PM
    I don't feel left out on anything. My BB does everything I want it to do, and does it very well.
    03-12-11 10:50 PM
    I guess whether or not we feel "left out" depends on our own personal expectations for a handheld device.

It wasn't too very long ago that we had cell phones for making and receiving phone calls, desktop computers for the home or office that we used for work, e-mails, web browsing, and games, and maybe a notebook computer that was used for those same tasks when we were away from the home or office. We watched TV shows and movies on... well... a TV. We listened to music on the stereo or radio at home or in the car, and maybe had a portable CD player or iPod for use outdoors.

Now, technology has made it possible for us to have *some* of all of these functions in a small portable device... if we choose to do so. Personally, that's not my choice.

I'd rather watch TV, a movie, or a sporting event on a big screen than a tiny one... same goes for internet browsing. Music will always sound better to me through a full-sized speaker system than on my phone. I'll never really be able to do all of my "work" on a handheld device, since the software I need isn't available in a mobile phone version. So, I'm not one who needs to have an app for "everything" on my handheld device. BB is great for me because it's a reliable phone, the push e-mail helps me keep up with both personal and business correspondence when I'm on the go (which is much of every day, since my work isn't always in the office), and the full keyboard on my Bold makes it easy to type a quick e-mail or a text message. I agree that the web browser isn't the fastest or best, but it's fine for an occasional look-up, or even logging on to my favorite blogs or forums if I'm stuck waiting around for something during the course of my day. Still, the vast majority of my online time is spent on the PC, not the BB.

So... if you really want or need to have your phone, full-capacity computer, TV/movie player, music system, GPS device, and all your games on a handheld device, maybe a BB isn't for you. But it serves my needs just fine.
    03-12-11 11:32 PM
    Having trouble understanding ... What's a "cool app"?

03-12-11 11:36 PM
    I agree with just about everything scarabs said lol
    03-13-11 12:38 AM
    i see what you guys are saying but whats really pissing me off right now is when a app is released we get it last and its nowhere as good as the other platforms app. for example the facebook app sucks for the blackberry angry farm sucks also and look at the price on that just because we have a blackberry. i love what my bb does for me and no other phone delivers email like a blackberry
    What sucksbabout the facebook app? I thought it was rather useable. I hate getting on the regular site for all the adds and features. With the blackberry app I can just jump in say my piece and jump back out. Have hoj tried the social feeds on your torch. I had ti turn mine off.its was notifing me all day. Lol.

03-13-11 04:38 AM
    Do you guys feel like your left out because you have a BlackBerry
    Nope. It suits me just fine.
    I used iPhone 3GS last year. Used it for only 3 months. Then got rid of it. We were just not meant for each other.
    03-13-11 07:02 AM
    No, I don't feel left out...in the end, it is just a phone...

It does everything I need it too though. It calls people, texts, BBM's, surfs the net, (perfectly fine to boot!) Plays music, streams music...

Heck even the 3rd party apps work just fine. I mean really, what is it that you people need a phone to do?

These things almost run us...yet, it still isn't enough, behind the times...blah, blah, blah....

03-13-11 08:11 AM
    Having trouble understanding ... What's a "cool app"?

Perhaps one of the "SuperApps" like Poynt?
    03-13-11 08:25 AM
    i am v v happy with my torch but disect above comment
    facebook app by rim is pathetic fact yes its due to improve but to what
    a level others are at already why cant bb be way ahead of others with their
    apps

angry farm isnt same as on others and at last we do have an effort to
    get used to but 1 it aint the same 2 it wasnt cheap like others are ?

take our beloved torch only 6 months old are we getting 6.1

bbm 6 when and to normal users wot difference will we see

hey sort the above happy days !!
    03-13-11 08:31 AM
    I think there are a lot of good apps on BlackBerry. Some things they can't even really duplicate on other platforms.

Vlingo is one of my favorite BlackBerry apps. With just the touch of a convenience key, I can speak to my BB and it will send emails, text messages, fill in text fields, open apps (although I wish I didn't have to hold down the button the entire time). On Android, you have to have the widget accessible, and some of the features are limited unless you have the in-car app. There are other apps on Android that do similar, but you still have to interact with the screen, which is not always a safe thing to do while driving. Vlingo is a much easier app to use on BlackBerry.

DriveSafe.ly is another very useful app on my BlackBerry (I think it even came to BlackBerry first). I love having it read emails and text messages, and have the ability to turn itself off/on based on bluetooth connectivity. It reads emails as they arrive on the device. You can even have the app re-read messages. On Android, it has to poll the email server and read them from there - doesn't read on device, and rereading is not an option. Plus, if you are using OS 2.1, it only reads over the speakerphone or A2DP connection (won't read over normal bluetooth headset like it does on BlackBerry).

BeWeather (BerryWeather) is another app that outperforms most of the Android conterparts. Sure, Android has clock widgets (which I really like), but none of the Android clock widgets integrate weather alerts, multiple radar, or weather cameras like BerryWeather. WeatherBug comes close, but has lackluster widgets. All the others just open up mobile websites for more information.

RDM+ is one of my favorite ways to connect to work computers. I see the entire screen, can control the computer just like I am sitting there, and can even transfer files between my BB and computer. Most of the RDP apps on Android only work when on the same network (hard to configure for WAN access), only support certain resolutions (so you can't see higher resolution screens properly) and don't have file transfer capabilities. Plus RDM+ works on a lot more Windows computers. Most of the RPD apps require XP Pro or higher (won't work on Home versions). It is one app that I truly hope comes over to Android.

I do wish my BB had better video sharing capabilities (Qik, Ustream, even uploading videos to YouTube), but the apps that are on BB are good and well integrated. Personally, I don't need Angry Birds on my BB. I use it mostly for work and communications. In those areas, it definitely does the job.
    03-13-11 08:34 AM
    I think there are a lot of good apps on BlackBerry. Some things they can't even really duplicate on other platforms.

Vlingo is one of my favorite BlackBerry apps. With just the touch of a convenience key, I can speak to my BB and it will send emails, text messages, fill in text fields, open apps (although I wish I didn't have to hold down the button the entire time). On Android, you have to have the widget accessible, and some of the features are limited unless you have the in-car app. There are other apps on Android that do similar, but you still have to interact with the screen, which is not always a safe thing to do while driving. Vlingo is a much easier app to use on BlackBerry.

DriveSafe.ly is another very useful app on my BlackBerry (I think it even came to BlackBerry first). I love having it read emails and text messages, and have the ability to turn itself off/on based on bluetooth connectivity. It reads emails as they arrive on the device. You can even have the app re-read messages. On Android, it has to poll the email server and read them from there - doesn't read on device, and rereading is not an option. Plus, if you are using OS 2.1, it only reads over the speakerphone or A2DP connection (won't read over normal bluetooth headset like it does on BlackBerry).

BeWeather (BerryWeather) is another app that outperforms most of the Android conterparts. Sure, Android has clock widgets (which I really like), but none of the Android clock widgets integrate weather alerts, multiple radar, or weather cameras like BerryWeather. WeatherBug comes close, but has lackluster widgets. All the others just open up mobile websites for more information.

RDM+ is one of my favorite ways to connect to work computers. I see the entire screen, can control the computer just like I am sitting there, and can even transfer files between my BB and computer. Most of the RDP apps on Android only work when on the same network (hard to configure for WAN access), only support certain resolutions (so you can't see higher resolution screens properly) and don't have file transfer capabilities. Plus RDM+ works on a lot more Windows computers. Most of the RPD apps require XP Pro or higher (won't work on Home versions). It is one app that I truly hope comes over to Android.

I do wish my BB had better video sharing capabilities (Qik, Ustream, even uploading videos to YouTube), but the apps that are on BB are good and well integrated. Personally, I don't need Angry Birds on my BB. I use it mostly for work and communications. In those areas, it definitely does the job.
    The youtube app that comes on os6 will upload video for you. When in video I believe its "send to" and upload to youtube is a option. When you click on the icon its ask if you want to upload video or go to site.

03-13-11 09:32 AM
    I don't feel left out at all. My Torch is exactly what I want and it fit my needs perfectly. I love my Blackberry. Best choice for me.

amen to that
    03-13-11 01:37 PM
70 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD