This is based on the 466 radio Java consist of 481/499/6.1.0.13.
    Please, install this over a fresh install of 466.

Includes:
    Docs2Go 3.0
    Twitter is 1.1.0.17
    BBM is 5.0.2.11
    Facebook is 1.9.0.28

Please, post all feedback/comments here.

Download Link

As always enjoy...
    Thanks to all members of OSBB for beta testing this for me.
    mikeplus1, tryfe, cbreze and 1 others like this.
    03-12-11 06:51 PM
    Thanks been waiting for this to drop! Loading now
    03-12-11 07:40 PM
    King's been getting some ridiculous battery life on his builds. Nice little blend of the best 481/499/6.1 has to offer.

If that's of interest to you, I suggest you load this and enjoy!
    03-12-11 11:35 PM
    King's been getting some ridiculous battery life on his builds. Nice little blend of the best 481/499/6.1 has to offer.

I'm hoping that by "ridiculous", you meant damn gd battery life. Lol. Thanks for your input 2big. Hope you all enjoy this build.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-11 11:45 PM

Yeah, I'm about to load this - hopefully by ridiculous you meant good.
    03-13-11 09:39 AM
    It was brought to my attention that I actually have this linked to the wrong file. I will update this later this evening and post back when fixed.

*link has been fixed
    Last edited by BlackScorpion3; 03-13-11 at 06:43 PM.
    03-13-11 03:51 PM
    It was brought to my attention that I actually have this linked to the wrong file. I will update this later this evening and post back when fixed.

Link has been fixed. I'm sorry for the error. If you previously downloaded, please, re-download and reinstall.
    03-13-11 06:47 PM
    Loaded this a little earlier, working great! Took a few battery pulls though before Facebook/Twitter would stop saying I didn't have a data plan.
    03-13-11 08:25 PM
    Loaded this a little earlier, working great! Took a few battery pulls though before Facebook/Twitter would stop saying I didn't have a data plan.
    Hope everything is working well, and that you are enjoying this build. Please, post any feedback and results of your usage for others and myself.
    03-13-11 10:47 PM
    Been working pretty good. Been running it for a little over 48 hours. I think this is the best battery life I have seen yet from any OS.
    03-15-11 09:42 PM
    Been working pretty good. Been running it for a little over 48 hours. I think this is the best battery life I have seen yet from any OS.
    Yeah, battery life has been pretty good for me as well. Just wish we had a leak with a better radio file.
    03-15-11 10:51 PM
    King, I loaded your last hybrid and thought it excellent but was wondering what anyone thinks the advantage might be to having some 6.1 files in there. I don't have a clue as to what they might add. Anybody?
    03-15-11 11:57 PM
    King, I loaded your last hybrid and thought it excellent but was wondering what anyone thinks the advantage might be to having some 6.1 files in there. I don't have a clue as to what they might add. Anybody?
    The last hybrid was 466\481\6.1.0.13 this one adds in around 120+ 499 files. I actually find the browser much faster, and the overall feel of the phone to be snappier. Battery life also seems to be better.
    03-16-11 12:12 AM
    The last hybrid was 466\481\6.1.0.13 this one adds in around 120+ 499 files. I actually find the browser much faster, and the overall feel of the phone to be snappier. Battery life also seems to be better.
    I guess my question is more one of curiosity as I'm wondering what having 6.1 files brings to the os. I'm running the same hybrid with out the 6.1 and was thinking of adding them.
    03-16-11 09:38 AM
    CB, add them in and test them out, some of us have found them to benefit the browser speed and even battery life, others say not. It is hard to say if it will benefit your phone or not, but cannot really hurt to try, right? Be sure to let us know how it goes for you as I am still testing and cannot honestly say for sure one way or another.
    03-16-11 01:02 PM
    Thanks for your comments Mike, the last "King" hybrid I did keep the 6.1 files and noticed a nice battery improvement. It was of course no 499 stuff included. I'll probably do just that and include them in a re-install later and will def report back.
    03-16-11 01:16 PM
    Yeah, I liked his first one as well, good stuff, hope this one is even better.
    03-16-11 01:32 PM
    Tried this for the reports on battery life and meterberry's discharge rate has indeed dropped but i can't sign into my twitter (latest betazone release) or my facebook (1.9.1.5) so i'm rolling back. Good work on the battery life though.
    03-16-11 02:14 PM
    I loaded this up a few hours ago and seems great so far. No issues for me yet. If battery life proves to be as good as King's last one and it seems good comments are coming in, then it'll be a real keeper. Very smooth and snappy quick for me. I'm diggin' it.
    03-16-11 11:43 PM
    I loaded this up a few hours ago and seems great so far. No issues for me yet. If battery life proves to be as good as King's last one and it seems good comments are coming in, then it'll be a real keeper. Very smooth and snappy quick for me. I'm diggin' it.
    Have you seen the WiFi browser bug in this one? I have Shane's 499 hybrid, and the WiFi bug is back. Battery life isn't great, either. To be fair, I expect that the lousy battery is because of the 466/374 radio. Since this one has the same radio, I wouldn't think that the battery in this one is all that much better. Thoughts?
    Last edited by Underway99; 03-17-11 at 12:38 AM.
    03-17-11 12:35 AM
    Have you seen the WiFi browser bug in this one? I have Shane's 499 hybrid, and the WiFi bug is back. Battery life isn't great, either. To be fair, I expect that the lousy battery is because of the 466/374 radio. Since this one has the same radio, I wouldn't think that the battery in this one is all that much better. Thoughts?
    I don't usually leave wifi on as I don't find it very useful, For me it's just no faster than 3G, but I know the bug you mean and I'll try leaving wifi enabled and check it out.
    03-17-11 12:56 AM
    I don't usually leave wifi on as I don't find it very useful, For me it's just no faster than 3G, but I know the bug you mean and I'll try leaving wifi enabled and check it out.
    Great. Thanks. I've been leaving my WiFi secured since I found the bug again. To tell the truth, I've not noticed much difference. The browser and other changes that came with the 499 files make the browser fast enough that I don't miss the WiFi. Add to that I have the unlimited data plan again, and my 3G data consumption just doesn't matter.
    03-17-11 01:03 AM
    Great. Thanks. I've been leaving my WiFi secured since I found the bug again. To tell the truth, I've not noticed much difference. The browser and other changes that came with the 499 files make the browser fast enough that I don't miss the WiFi. Add to that I have the unlimited data plan again, and my 3G data consumption just doesn't matter.
    Yeah, the wifi on my bold was a pretty big disapointment. I've never had any phone before where the wifi wasn't noticibly faster than the cell signal by leaps and bounds. I wouldn't let any possible wifi issue stop you from loading this up if you got a hankering. I can already tell the battery life is improved. I'm hoping my browser bug is less noticible. Was crashing alot, especially on CB in text wrap mode. So far so good.
    03-17-11 01:11 AM
    Yeah, the wifi on my bold was a pretty big disapointment. I've never had any phone before where the wifi wasn't noticibly faster than the cell signal by leaps and bounds. I wouldn't let any possible wifi issue stop you from loading this up if you got a hankering. I can already tell the battery life is improved. I'm hoping my browser bug is less noticible. Was crashing alot, especially on CB in text wrap mode. So far so good.
    I haven't had that browser-crash bug yet with any of the OS6 builds. I'll watch for it.

As far as loading this up for the battery life, I'm not sure I'll see any improvement until after Big Red gets its work done on the towers here. Both of our Bolds are having power drain issues right now, so I'm not sure where the hybrid's power issue stops and the tower problem starts. Curiously, though, I'm not seeing any power changes on our two 9330s or my daughter's Tour. Hmmm.
    Last edited by Underway99; 03-17-11 at 01:28 AM.
    03-17-11 01:26 AM
    I am yet to install/try King 466\481\6.1.0.13 Hybrid for 9650.

I guess i should forget that now and use this one instead, Correct ?
    03-17-11 02:10 AM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD