So i was on in the BB software and it said i needed some updates for my torch, i clicked applied and it backuped up all my stuff and then it started doing all the updates.

the phone rebooted and now it is just stuck for the past 20 minutes on "reconnecting to JVM"

What do i do? disconnect it?
    03-12-11 04:32 PM
    Well i pulled the battery and it finished and everything is the same nothing got erased and everything is working.

I plugged my phone back into the application loader and it still says i need to update my core apps and system software.

I dont want my phone to crash and not be able to use it. Anyone know how to make this work.
    Last edited by lumibrisk; 03-12-11 at 04:51 PM.
    03-12-11 04:48 PM
    the process can take a long time, sometimes upwards of 30 mins. its not recommended to pull the battery while reloading an OS but sometimes it can free a stuck loading process. you can try the loading operation again.
    03-12-11 05:36 PM
    Another thing, are you doing this on a Mac by any chance? If so, it does not work, even when you use VMWare or Boot Camp. You need to use a PC with Windows to do it. I tried to upgrade my late 8900 a few times and I ended by bricking it up.
    03-14-11 01:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD