A while back I purchased a 9530/storm to use as a daily phone. It was a Verizon phone but I purchased a T-mobile pay-as-you-go plan. So far I only use the phone and web DayPlan for limited web access. I used the link on this site to upload the T-mobile service books and everything works perfectly. I recently purchased a 9550/storm2 to use as a backup and for the Wifi. I can swap the sim card and the phone service works fine. The problem is when I use the same procedure on the 9550, it doesn't work. When initially trying the phone after the procedure, the t-zone application appears as does the necessary configuration (browser, etc). As soon as I press the t-zone application it changes to a generic browser and the configuration sets back to original (no tzone browser config etc.). I contacted T-mobile support and they told me they don't have servicebooks for my phone (yeah right). Does the same servicebook work for the 9530 and 9550 ? Is it because I had the account setup for the 9530 ? Also, I attempted to go to T-mobile to resend the servicebooks but couldn't find the option. There is an admin area that I can't access with the regular Id. Any ideas ?
    03-10-11 05:34 PM
    That sounds like the same issue. Interesting, though, my 9530/storm works correctly (other than obviously it doesn't have wifi).
    03-11-11 10:22 AM
    I was having the same problem as well. I contacted t-mobile technical support and after 1hour they resolve the problem. They told me something about my account not being set up as a blackberry account. They installed service books and everything. Now I am able to use my personal email, send pics, bbm, app world, etc. The only problem I am having is that everytime I try to use any apps tha uses data sometimes brings the connection from EDGE to edge. Best way is to try with tmobile once again and see if they can set up for blackberry. By the way I have the BB9550
    03-11-11 10:59 AM
    Where did you go on T-mobile to "push" the service books ? There is a link to an admin site that I dont have access to.
    03-11-11 12:30 PM
    to Joker: I didnt have to pay more... I have a flex account with 500 min, unlimieted web/email/text/weekends and nights...and paying the same.

Hopkin: since bb9550 is a non-tmobile phone, where the picture of your phone should be it says if you want to switch devices. click on it, choose BB9780 then go to configure mail..follow the instructions.. believe it might ask for the IMEI of the phone...but anyways after all that on the left side you will see settings and some other menus including change device, language, service books. click on send service book tab and you good to go.

I might want to add to go to options>advance options>host routing table>menu>register now
    Last edited by arevalo434; 03-11-11 at 03:26 PM.
    03-11-11 03:01 PM
    I am stuck on edge, but when I had pushed the service book I had EDGE for a little while. I guess the method no longer works?

the sim in my phone came from my old t-mo phone (mt3gs) which had a data plan (internet,email,etc) so I was hoping that just changing my phone on t-mo's site would allow my data to still be used.

I guess they have a blackberry specific plan which I won't be able to go to (mt3gs was got on a special so they wont let me do anything to the plan) so that sucks.

Did they make you extend your contract for switching to a blackberry plan?
    it could also be that the sim card is too old and you might need a new one..believe they asked me this question as well whether how old was my sim card so in all logic might be because old ones are not that good anymore.
    03-11-11 03:04 PM
    When I changed my phone on t-mo site to a blackberry 9780 I went to Conenct and Share and then Configure email. Put in the PIN and IMEI and registered for a email (@tmo.blackberry.com) account and after that on the left column I selected service books and then send service book. It said it was going through successfully.

EDIT:

dang, you beat me to it by 3 minutes haha.

My sim isn't even a year old yet. only like 9 or 10 months.
    lmao..but thats good at least it confirms that the information is accurate.lol. Ok...I called tmobile..they told me to turn off the phone and they will disconnect my signal from the tower. the asked me to turn it on again and wait between 24 to 48 hours to wait...but to tell you the truth the change is not a major one.
    03-11-11 03:22 PM
    There is a pretty big thread here

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/ema...mobile-478275/

with a lot of people reporting their storm 2 no longer work with t-mo. I believe it is a problem with t-mo rather than a problem with our devices. People using it on AT&T are still getting data.
    To my friend joker...do not pay any donations. Unfortunately I did. If you have unlimited data plan/email. Just call tmobile and have you set up for blackberry services. As far as BB2 not working with tmobile, how do u think I am writing to you at this moment. Of course thru my BB. I pay 76 for my flex account and no problem whatsoever. Just give a try. Nd do not pay the freaking ten box. Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-11 04:00 PM
    I don't. Know. Jocker but the system I am using is 1015 and all is well for me...hope tmo reps be able to help you

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-11 04:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD