I have been a happy 9000 user for over 2 years. I am considering going to the Torch, but not extending my contract, nor paying full retail.

I see quite a few used Torches for sale on Craigslist for $300 - $400. Just wondered what you 9800 users would suggest I check before I commit to buying?

Obviousy, I will pop in my SIM and make sure I get a good connection, but what else? The slider slop? Touchscreen responsiveness?

Any suggestions ar appreciated.

Thank you,
    Michael
    03-10-11 01:37 PM
    Touchscreen responsiveness you can adjust yourself in the options menu.

I just got my Torch about 2 weeks ago...did a straight trade for it with my 9700. I haven't had any problems yet *knock on wood*

Most likely the slider won't hae any issues.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-11 05:54 PM
    Check the OS version. If its .246 or lower plan on having to upgrade the OS to get the best performance. Make sure the camera works in all modes and check the video option too. Test every key on the physical KB and the touch KB too. Check the button panel to make sure its not loose or coming off and also check for any light leakage at the bottom of the touchscreen just above the button panel. Make sure the mem card is 4gb, that's what comes in the Torch.

Last edited by cwmont; 03-10-11 at 06:10 PM.
    03-10-11 06:03 PM
    After seeing the phone in use the first thing I would check is the moisture sticker(s). Although, I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult for a talented scammer to replace with a real-looking one.
    03-11-11 07:45 PM
    Well what I usually do is try registering the device's imei and pin on the provider's blackberry site. Eg maxis.blackberry.com, if it fails, that means either the device was reported stolen, or the PIN is hooked to somebody's BIS account.

Hardware-wise, well its all visual right.

03-12-11 10:27 AM
    If you want some fun+ work get a iPod touch 4G
    9000+iPod4G = complete messaging and fun

03-12-11 11:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD