what is the best way to navigate with the bb, i have bb maps and google maps

bb maps - if i look up any contact and "view work on map" i get the error city does not match country, meaning i have to have to try and get bb maps to recognise the address

google maps - if i use get directions with google maps it works ok until i start driving, the screen does not follow my location

i dont need turn by turn, i can follow a blue dot

Using OS 6..0.0.461 on vodaphone UK
    03-10-11 06:50 AM
    Have you tried to manually input the address? Have you tried a battery pull? Sometimes these maps apps (native or addon/third party) don't always perform well.
    Edit: Did everything work fine in OS 5?
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-11 11:02 AM
    I get the "cannot find location" or "your search request contains an unsupported character". Nothing works for me on it either.
    03-11-11 12:44 AM
    Have you tried to manually input the address?
    i have the address in my contacts with all fields filled in, if google maps can workout why cant bb maps

found out issue with google maps - had to press 0 (zero) to lock onto my location to follow
    03-11-11 02:00 PM
    With Google maps press the 0 key and it will track your location. The downside is that there will be a bubble saying "accurate to within 3 meters" that obstructs your view of the map

Maybe try BB Traffic for turn by turn directions with live traffic (but no audio queues) or try Life In Pockt for turn by turn voice nav (but I think without traffic).

With Life In Pocket you can run it, have it tie into googlemaps and pull up the route you will drive so you can see it, then you can leave google maps in front and still get the voice nav from LIP making it pretty close to a normal gps nav system...

Will eat your battery though.
    03-11-11 11:19 PM
    I use waze. Works pretty well and it's free.
    03-11-11 11:26 PM
    I'm running OS 5.0.0.979 on my 9700, and I recently noticed the error "your search request contains an unsupported character" as well when trying to click on "view work map" in a contact. Was hoping I could upgrade my BB maps, but doesn't look like there's a way to do so other than by upgrading my OS (doesn't seem to be an OTA way), but I'm seeing you guys are having the same issue on BB 6. I don't remember ever having gotten this error, looks new :-/
    03-13-12 10:41 PM
    Actually I just realized why I've been getting the "your search request contains an unsupported character" error message while attempting to pull up addresses via BB Maps from my address book aka contacts.

I had multiple "contact lists" from previous accounts I've had on my BB and I wanted to congregate them into one, so I followed a procedure I found on CB, and I just noticed that the app that I used to recompile my contacts has thrown every address into the "address 1 field" so the "city", "province", "postal code", and "country" fields are all blank, and BB maps doesn't know how to read that. I'm gonna post that on the thread I followed to congregate my contacts, might want to check that as well, Beyondthebox.
    03-13-12 10:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD