Okay so I've been a happy bb user for over 3 years now, I've learned a lot about os and building themes and such. I have however hit a snag, I recently upgraded from the curve 8330 to the curve 3g, and at first it was exciting, now I'm just frustrated, I've called my carrier countless times, they tell me to call blackberry, then blackberry says to contact my carrier blah blah, anyhow. I had to request to pull my email account over, that didn't work at first but its okay now, I also just realized a few days ago that I haven't received any bbms since I upgraded? So I called and they said they didn't know and to bring it in, I did and they did nothing. In my firewall, it says at the bottom "incorrect encryption key" over 800 blocked, I'm assuming that's my bbms. Now my question is, has anyone else had this issue when going from 5.0 to 6.0? That's when I noticed this happening. Any info would help, I'm totally lost and utterly frustrated. Thanks in advance

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-11 01:58 AM
    Okay so I know that no one has replied but I figure I'll give it one more chance and see if anyone else has had this problem or not. Thanks

03-21-11 01:31 PM
    Myself or someone might help.......but........I for one don't understand exactly what the problem is or how to help.

From your post I understand:
    1- You have had a BB for 3 years
    2- You learned alot about OSs and building themes
    3- You hit a snag
    4- You upgraded from a 8330 to curve 3G
    5- You are frustrated
    6- You finally got your email account moved over (to what??)
    7- You apparently have a problem with BBM

The following information would help:
    Carrier = ??
    BB Phone Model = ??
    Current OS= (6.0.0.????)
    Did you upgrade the OS on your BB or is it the OS that was delivered on the BB??
    BBM Version = ??

What is the exact problem?? Is it simply that BBM is not working??
    I understand that you have not received any BBmessages.....have your sent any BBmessages??

Not sure I can help.......but..... with I can try with alittle more specific info. Hope the helps!!
    03-21-11 04:40 PM
    Okay sorry about that my first couple posts were unclear, I bought me the curve 3g with base 5.0 and had a wireless update to 6.0 so I did it. Since I got my phone I've had issues, my bbm is the only one that remains, within firewall it says that its blocked nearly 1000 messages now due to an "incorrect encryption code". I have taken it to verizon (my carrier) and they told me that my "pin to pin" is not working. I can send requests and all that and even messages, however I can never get a reply back, for example I added a friend and he accepted but yet it remains in the "pending" slot on my list.

03-21-11 06:15 PM
    Now.....we know what your problem is.
    I think you have a Verizon BB9330 (which is a 3g Curve).

OK......lets try this.

1) Go to Options>Device>About Device Versions

Here on about the third line you will see
    6.0 Bundle XXXX (v6.0.0.xxx...............)this will be your version (v) of OS6.

What is the OS 6 version??

2) Go to Options>Device>Application Management
    -scroll down and find Blackberry Messenger........highlight it.....click it
    -look about the 2nd line for Version: 5.0.x.xx

What version is it??

3) Regardless of what you find for 1) and 2)......I would start by reinstalling BBM. Go to Blackberry App World and you can download/install BBM. If you do not have Blackberry App World installed on your phone you may need to do that first. (Before installing anything.....open BBM, click the menu or BB button, select Options, scroll down to Backup Management and 'Backup' to your media card. This will backup your messenger contacts, etc. and will allow you to restore them if they are lost during the install.)

NOTE: It sounds like you did a wireless or OTA download of OS6 over OS5. There may be issues associated with this. Since you seem to have everything else working at this point the simplest fix may be to try and download/reinstall BBM. However, everyone I read about upgrading from OS5 to OS6 generally does not do it OTA. Most do a complete wipe and install. They do this because of numerous issues that can occur trying to install OS6 over OS5. However, some have done so without apparent issues. If the download/reinstall of BBM does not fix your problem.............well.......we'll work on that after you download/install BBM.
    03-21-11 09:13 PM
    Okay I'm running 6.0.0.431, my bbm is 5.0.1.41, and after I took it into my carrier, they called bb tek support, uninstalled/reinstalled my bbm like 4 times. Re did my service books and all that, just I'm always stuck with no pin to pin when I run my diagnostics text.

03-22-11 03:30 AM
    Thanks!! That information helps a great deal!! It helps me and anyone else reading this understand exactly where you are!!
    (it would have been great to include in your first post anytime you are having a problem)

At this point........I would be ready to tell them to give me a new device. But, if you want to make the effort ........you may be able to fix it. I am not positive.......but it is what I would do.

I suggest you completely wipe your phone and reinstall your OS6.

Simply reinstalling may fix it but if I were going to make the effort I would want to wipe first and do a fresh install.

The problem is........I just searched around a little and I am having a hard time finding an OS6 download for the 9330. I have found nothing on a v6.0.0.431. I was hoping to find that or newer version.

For that reason.......I will have to look around some more today and see if I can find anything.

Maybe someone else here can suggest something in the mean time.
    Last edited by duckduke; 03-22-11 at 07:59 AM.
    03-22-11 07:50 AM
    Okay well like I said my update was wireless through verizon and yeah they guy at the store told me if I wanted to switch hed give me half off, only one problem, I simply can't afford to right now. Thanks for anyones help tho, I guess I may just be doomed to walk the earth with no bbm haha

03-22-11 11:26 AM
    Are you on BIS or BES?

If you are on BES your company's IT policy could be blocking BBM.
    03-22-11 12:02 PM
    Ok........only proceed with this after your read and feel comfortable with the process.

Again........what I would suggest is a download of OS6 to your PC, a wipe of your 9330, and a fresh install. This is about the only thing at this point that you have not tried. This is how most people here have upgraded from OS5 to OS6.

I would do it if I were in your place. The choice is yours.
    There is no guarantee that this will correct your BBM problem.

Here is where you can find the download of OS v6.0.0.431 for the 9330 to your PC.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...71#post5989771

Here is quick guide by 'elite1' on how to install OS:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/lea...ndings-586613/
    There are also a number of other guides with a little more detail in several places here at the crackberry.com forums.

NOTE: Once you have made your backups..........and before you go to the loader.exe file (elite1's step 9) ........I would recommend using BBBoss or BBSAK to wipe your device. After doing this you will see a white screen with....I think....a 507 error. This is what you want. At this point...you be ready to double click the loader.exe and load your OS.

Again......there is no guarantee that this will fix your problem. But, if you follow the steps corretly, you should at least be back to where you are now.
    03-22-11 02:13 PM
    Okay, I've done upgrades via the computer before so I know all the risks and everything and its a personal use phone, not theough a company thanks though. I guess I'll just give the new upgrade a try. Thanks for all the help and any advice that might still be givin.

03-22-11 06:18 PM
    Okay duckduke, got one more thing for you or anyone for that matter, my diagnostics shows pin-pin No okay I can handle that, however further down I realized that where it speaks of my email, on the second part where my friends states yes after his email, mine says abbort? Is it possible that something with my email is messing everything up?

03-23-11 04:03 AM
    I read where simply the lack of installing a Japaneze language file caused installs of OS6 to be completly inoperable.

Something associated with your OS6 install could be causing problems with BBM, email, and other functions. I can't say it's a problem with your email any more than I can say it's a problem with your BBM.

That is why I think a complete wipe, and then a fresh reinstall of OS6 is the best way to try and fix the problem you are having. From all of my reading on here....... IMO I think most would agree and would have already done so.

I have read here where others had problems after installing OS6 over OS5 or attempting to do it OTA. There have also been some that have been successful.

Copied and pasted from post above:
    However, everyone I read about upgrading from OS5 to OS6 generally does not do it OTA. Most do a complete wipe and install. They do this because of numerous issues that can occur trying to install OS6 over OS5.
    03-24-11 07:52 AM
    Okay after all was said and done and I did the same update via the computer, everything is working fine. Thanks for everything duckduke :-) you saved my bbm!!! Lol

03-27-11 07:16 PM
    Thanks for the note!! Glad to hear everything's working.

I'm disappointed that the BB and Verizon reps you delt with didn't tell you to do wipe and reinstall........but not to surprised.
    03-27-11 09:58 PM
    Here is quick guide by 'elite1' on how to install OS:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/lea...ndings-586613/
    Thanks for the cred, duckduke.
    You did an awesome job btw helping out our fellow member in need. Nice work!

Okay after all was said and done and I did the same update via the computer, everything is working fine. Thanks for everything duckduke :-) you saved my bbm!!! Lol
    Glad to hear it all worked out for you.

What's the moral of this story? The expertise of your carrier's tech support just can't compete with the knowledge base here on CrackBerry!
    03-27-11 10:01 PM
    Yeah pretty much, I told them everything that I've said on here and was there for over 2 hours while he was on the phone with a bbtech support person and nothing. I get on here talk to our friend duckduke and *poof* problem solved pretty much. Thanks everyone :-)

03-27-11 11:43 PM
    I have a Blackberry 9670 (style)
    OS 6.0.0.407
    Sprint
    I started noticing issues with BBM contacts first. Couldn't send nor receive sometimes. deleted and reinstalled. problem wasn't completely solved. next i started seeing unread notifications but no actual message. sometimes i can still "mark them as read" even though i have never actually seen them just to get the icon down. I check my emails online and my emails are there but they are not showing up on my phone SOMETIMES. randomly i will check an individual email folder and have no messages as if they have all been deleted. when i make calls, they are not logged. when i restart my phone, all emails come and phone logs show up as if they were there the entire time. but throughout the day the same errors come back. rinse and repeat. I also have listed under Errors in my firewall options: Incorrect Encryption Key- 839 blocked. my firewall is disabled.
    04-17-11 09:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD