hey guys, new to this board.
    recently i changed my blackberry housing and after the change i got a white screen.
    i dont know if its the blackberrys problem or if its my screens problem.
    when changing the housing, because i got a new lens to match my housing, i ripped the lens off and black glass things was stuck to the screen.

but i can recieve texts and calls and the screen knows when to time out and stuff..

so is there a fix to this? or do i need a new screen?

TIA
    03-08-11 11:18 PM
    it sounds definitely like a screen problem. Do you still have your old LCD screen that you can try? My buddy had something very similar to this, and swapping out the LCD screen for another did the trick.
    03-09-11 01:07 AM
    I would have to say that when you "ripped" the black lens from the lcd you damaged it. It's a process that has to be done slowly and very carefully, you cannot just "rip" it off. The plastic lens is bonded to the lcd with an adhesive that has to be warmed up so that you can successfully separate the two without causing damage. You're going to need a new lcd (make sure you order the correct part #)
    funktion likes this.
    03-10-11 09:58 AM
    i bought an entirely new screen. thanks guys
    03-10-11 10:13 PM
    Yup u needed a new screen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-11 10:17 PM
    Good to hear. Hope you get it up and running again soon!

i bought an entirely new screen. thanks guys
    03-11-11 12:37 PM
    I got white housing and after replacing it I managed to break my black screen so I ended up purchasing a white screen to match it.

I bought this one - White LCD Screen For BlackBerry Bold 9000 (003/004) len - eBay (item 330560860286 end time Aug-02-11 16:49:40 PDT)

Still getting the white screen, I tried different batteries, still white screen.
    07-19-11 06:35 PM
    Exact same thing has happened to me.. :/ I have no idea what to do!
    12-17-11 08:46 AM
    The white Lcd's i have been told are only compatible with the OEM white bold 9000 boards :/ sucks huh
    12-24-11 12:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD