I'm not sure if anyone will be able to offer any advice, but I will briefly explain what happened...

My spouse's 9530 Storm stopped displaying anything on Saturday. We tried battery pulls and putting it in the holster and out. Basically, the backlight itself would turn on, and we would get nothing else on the screen. At this time, she could still receive calls.

Thinking it could be software related, we decided to update her OS to the latest official carrier release. This did nothing except make it impossible for her to receive calls anymore... Oops!

The next step as far as I was concerned was to buy a T6 screwdriver and see if there was perhaps an issue with the screen connection. I did just that and found a very strange issue. I removed the connection a put it back, and tried the phone, it didn't work. But then I tried running the phone with the screen out of place (see picture 1) and voila, the phone works just as it should! I tried several different things at this point, but concluded that whenever the wire goes past a certain point (see picture 2) the screen locks up and stops working.

I tried playing around with the cable to no avail. But I am hoping someone has maybe seen something similar or might offer any advice to fixing it.

Like I said, the screen works fine when it is sitting next to the phone, so this is a very frustrating problem!

Edit: the touchscreen capability of the screen seems works while there is no display. But at the same time, the backlight is on and appears to be actively displaying black pixels everywhere. I can tell because there is a difference in the black when the backlight is simply on, and when it is actually displaying black pixels.
    Last edited by oreca; 03-07-11 at 09:26 PM.
    03-07-11 09:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD