Lets do this!

You can download the latest version of BeBuzz from your BlackBerry browser by going here Bellshare - BerryBuzz make sure you download the correct version for your OS.

After you finish downloading the latest version of BeBuzz you will find the icon for it in your downloads folder (or your homescreen depending what OS you are running)

Now with version 4 of BeBuzz there is no setting for it under the phone options like in the past. From here on out to change BeBuzz settings you have to click the icon. (so don't hide it)

Now click the icon and lets get started.

If this is the first time you have downloaded version 4 then the settings will look like this with everything locked down until you enter you activation code. now lets show you how to do that.

First open your menu by clicking the BB symbol on your phone. Look threw your menu until you find the "Unlock Full Version" option.

Now click it.

If you already have your activation code click the option to enter it, if you do not have your code click "Buy Now"

Enter your activation code and click unlock.

Choose your transport if you wish to.

If your code is valid you will get a message like this.

Now click OK and lets get to changing things to make your phone HOT!

See how everthing is unlocked now?
    Bren S., Guatiao and ShoshiOne like this.
    03-07-11 04:45 PM
    Just like in version 3 the categories are able to expand and collapse to keep things a little organized. Clicking on a category will open it up.

Click the thing you want to edit, for this i will be editing BBM.

Now lets change that LED!

Click the color to open the LED menu.

Choose the color you want or spend the next 20 minutes trying them all out.

While in this menu you can also change the Audible Reminder, Tactile Alerts and our newest feature On Screen alerts, also Known as "Toasts"

Now if you want a Toast for this certain alert make sure you turn it on here and any other alert you want to see a toast for.

For those wondering what a Toast is, look at the bottom of the screen shot.

Ok, lets go under the phone options real quick. Here you set the LED and such for phone calls and missed call and you you can also set the call connect/ disconnect intervals along with the call disconnect sound volume.

This is perfect for when you are talking to someone and they hang up on you, now you wont be talking to yourself for the next 5 minutes.

So how about we set up a custom contact now.

Click the "Select Contact" in the menu to be takin to your address book.

Select a contact you want to add to your list.

After you select the contact you will be takin to a page that looks like this.

Here you can set the custom LED you want to show when that person either calls, texts or emails you. You can also set whether you want to have Toasts then the person emails or texts you.
    Guatiao likes this.
    03-07-11 04:46 PM
    Down at the bottom of the screen you will see an advanced button.

By clicking that you will get a popup so you can select certain email or phone numbers to get the LED for the contact if they have multiple numbers and email address and you only want the custom LED for a certain thing and not all of them.

Click the back button and click save and the contact will now be in your list.

Now lets dive into the options of BeBuzz. Click the gear icon in the upper right hand corner.

Welcome to the options page!

Here you can Enable/ Disable Bebuzz (but why would you want to do such a thing?) change how the LED flashes, how long it flashes and so much more.

Wanna dive in a little deeper?...... Ok you talked me into it.

Lets just go threw them one by one down the list starting with General Settings.

Here you can Enable/ Disable BeBuzz (once again, why would you want to?), when the LED stops blinking, Black out the BeBuzz screens (like how mine are), turn the logo on or off when you open Bebuzz, and have the app check and make sure you have the latest version of Bebuzz on your phone.

So how about we create a custom LED and one of the other newest features, create a custom Disco!

Click the "Custom LED Colors and Disco" in the options.

To create a new LED or Disco click the button on the bottom of the screen of which one you want to make.

It is really easy to make them, just name them, choose the color you want and then just make it to your liking.
    Guatiao and joju58 like this.
    03-07-11 04:47 PM
    Here is what the custom color screen looks like

Here is the custom Disco screen

Now after spending all that time making custom LEDs and Discos why not share them with your friends who can enjoy them to.

Highlight the LED you want to share, click the menu button and find "Share" in the menu, click it, now pick how you want to share it. you can broadcast it over twitter so all your followers can enjoy it, post it on Facebook or you can just email it to someone.

Lets move onto LED settings. Here you can change how the LED flashes, when it slows down, when it stops flashing and more. These settings are pretty self explanatory so i wont get to into it.

Toast settings. Here you can change where the Toast shows on your screen, how long is stays on the screen and whether the backlight turns on with the Toast. Once again, self explanatory so i wont bore you.

Profile settings. Here is another new feature to BeBuzz. Here is where you set whether you want LEDs and Toasts and such while a certain sound profile is active. A lot of people asked for this to be added so here it is. It is perfect for when in meetings, movies or sleeping. Just turn the features on or off by clicking the profile you want to edit.

03-07-11 04:48 PM
    Mute schedule. Here is where you set the LED to be turned off for certain times on certain days. I have mine set to be off for around the time i sleep and have them turn back on around when i wake up.

Finally Backup/ Restore. Here is where you back up all of your BeBuzz settings. I mean you just spent all of this time perfecting this app for yourself and you dont want to have to do it all over again when you load a new OS or something like that so make sure you use this feature.

Now stop reading this and get back into playing with this awesome app!
    1425956 likes this.
    03-07-11 04:48 PM
    Thanks for posting this!
    03-07-11 08:33 PM
    Great work !! Very helpful boss, Thank you...
    03-07-11 09:00 PM
    Great work !! Very helpful boss, Thank you...
    I agree. This app has so many options available while setting it up, that new users to the app are bound to be a bit confused and overwhelmed with all the choices.
    03-08-11 03:00 PM
    I could not find some of the standard sound choices (eg, chi-gong) unless I went back to the Profiles app. Did I miss something?
    03-09-11 09:24 AM
    Will the toasts work with berryreader too?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-11 07:28 PM
    Nice post. Thanks for the share. Quite useful.

03-10-11 02:33 PM
    As someone who just got BeBuzz today I found this thread VERY useful. Thanks !
    03-12-11 10:08 AM
    thanks for he info love this post
    03-14-11 02:12 PM
    I have specific one color discos set for certain ppl. my BeBuzz flashes the disco i have set. but then it also flashes the multi-colored default disco right after it. How do I stop this from happening? And yes i have the full version.
    03-14-11 04:58 PM
    Great guide!!!!!!
    03-14-11 06:37 PM
    Wont work anymore , license has been activated on a different device.
    03-19-11 12:10 AM
    Wont work anymore , license has been activated on a different device.
    try contacting support, to request new activation code. If it's not working, take "queuing ticket" and tell your story to support..

Hope you can resolve it soon. Good Luck'
    03-19-11 07:56 AM
    don't working !!! any more key please
    03-19-11 05:46 PM
    I have a question. Since I installed new version, after each reset/battery pull my Bold keeps flashing red for 'no reason'
    Entering the BeBuzz options and exiting without any changes helps. But I am just curious about it. Anyone experienced that?
    Any suggestions on how to get rid of it are greatly appreciated
    03-21-11 11:27 AM
    Version 4.0.66 up for grabs, as per Bellshare:

Version 4.0.66 - Mar 20th 17:00 EST
    - Added support for Facebook Chat (BlackBerry Facebook 2.0)
    - Added setting to suppress native red LED

www.bellshare.com • View topic - Public Beta: BeBuzz 4.0 MR1 (Maintenance Release 1)
    Sainthak likes this.
    03-21-11 09:00 PM
    @Gutiao: I can see a newer release appeared:
    Version 4.0.67 - Mar 21th 22:00 EST
    - Added BlackBerry Enterprise Messenger
    - Changed support for Tweetissimo to Issimo
    - Fixed 'Suppress Default Red LED' not being saved
    Guatiao and Sainthak like this.
    03-22-11 02:20 AM
    Strange that such a good developer would release such a buggy "upgrade."

UN4GTBL likes this.
    03-22-11 05:58 AM
    @kcpaynev1 - Thanks for the walkthrough! Just bought the app and this was VERY helpful.

Question - I bought the app today and it was the 4.0.60 version. How do you get this new upgrade? I ran an update check but it only said that this version was the latest.
    03-25-11 10:56 AM
    @kcpaynev1 - Thanks for the walkthrough! Just bought the app and this was VERY helpful.

Question - I bought the app today and it was the 4.0.60 version. How do you get this new upgrade? I ran an update check but it only said that this version was the latest.
    Have a look just a little above. In the message of
    Guatiao 03:00 AM 03-22-2011
    You will find the link to the site of bellshare with the newest version

ShoshiOne likes this.
    03-25-11 12:29 PM
    Have a look just a little above. In the message of
    Guatiao 03:00 AM 03-22-2011
    You will find the link to the site of bellshare with the newest version

Whoops! Thanks for pointing that out. I was trying to get an update from my phone and didn't pay enough attention to the hyperlink in that post when I was here, I guess.
    Thank you!
    03-25-11 02:10 PM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD