I wasn't pleased with the initial Meter Berry reports which were soaring high averaging anywhere between 4% - 10% discharge rate per hour....

I gave it the benefit of the doubt due to its snapiness and stablity....

2nd day...same result....

3rd day....same result...I was accepting the fact that I will go back home after work with a 40% battery life left on my 9780....at least I still have battery so ...

4th day....things are getting better....4 - 6 % discharge rate....

5th day....woke up in the morning with a full charge... went to work....BBM every now and then....2 phone calls 10 mins each.... played around with BerryWeather for a good 10 mins updating my location and loading 5 sets of different icons....

Opened the browser and downloaded my newly purhased Glass Theme .....

Went back home aith 65% battery left....

MeterBerry average discharge rate stablized at 1.5% - 2.5%

I am very pleased with this OS...by far....the most stable OS on the 9780 so far... I will not be surprised to see it go OFFICIAL very soon.

Any OS prior to this IMO really ruins the image of the 9780 due to laginess and bad battery life...at last RIM has got it right...

Not to mention that it comes with the BBM cursor fixed as standard, you don't need to do a thing to have that darn cursor appear....

No disappearing cursor in the browser as well!

03-06-11 12:19 PM
    Yeah this is a very solid OS! Great discharge rate too! Nice fast browsing over wifi aswell

bullguy likes this.
    03-06-11 12:34 PM
    Nice Toronto wallpaper
    03-06-11 12:42 PM
    is it snappy we should trend #snappy on twitter
    03-06-11 01:21 PM
    What theme is that?
    03-06-11 01:58 PM
    What theme is that?
    Theme: http://forums.crackberry.com/f227/pr...4/#post6110729

Battery Icon: MeterBerry

Weather Icon: BerryWeather
    03-06-11 02:10 PM
    Can you please post this wallpaper? I'm from Toronto and I love it!
    I wasn't pleased with the initial Meter Berry reports which were soaring high averaging anywhere between 4% - 10% discharge rate per hour....

I gave it the benefit of the doubt due to its snapiness and stablity....

2nd day...same result....

3rd day....same result...I was accepting the fact that I will go back home after work with a 40% battery life left on my 9780....at least I still have battery so ...

4th day....things are getting better....4 - 6 % discharge rate....

5th day....woke up in the morning with a full charge... went to work....BBM every now and then....2 phone calls 10 mins each.... played around with BerryWeather for a good 10 mins updating my location and loading 5 sets of different icons....

Opened the browser and downloaded my newly purhased Glass Theme .....

Went back home aith 65% battery left....

MeterBerry average discharge rate stablized at 1.5% - 2.5%

I am very pleased with thhis OS...by far....the most stable OS on the 9780 so far... I will not be surprised to see it go OFFICIAL very soon.

Any OS prior to this IMO really ruins the image of the 9780 due to laginess and bad battery life...at last RIM has got it right...

Not to mention that it comes with the BBM cursor fixed as standard, you don't need to do a thing to have that darn cursor appear....

No disappearing cursor in the browser as well!

03-06-11 04:37 PM
    Can you please post this wallpaper? I'm from Toronto and I love it!

Reed McLay likes this.
    03-06-11 09:38 PM
    I used to get 0.2% on Idle with .448.

Its about 0.5% on Idle with .480.

But at moderate to high usage it is 1.4%-2.0% as compared to 1.6%-2.3% with .448.

So yes a good release in terms of battery life, its good to see RIM fixing the small problems in the OS to make it a stable one rather than trying to add newer features to an unstable build.

Cheers
    03-07-11 05:41 AM
    I used to get 0.2% on Idle with .448.

Its about 0.5% on Idle with .480.

But at moderate to high usage it is 1.4%-2.0% as compared to 1.6%-2.3% with .448.

So yes a good release in terms of battery life, its good to see RIM fixing the small problems in the OS to make it a stable one rather than trying to add newer features to an unstable build.

Cheers
    Thanks for the report man

Glad to see so many positive replies about this build

For the first time since I got my 9780....I have been running my BB on the same OS since 6 days! I was changing OS on a daily basis before trying 294 then 359 then back to 294 then 448 then etc. .........

This is really stable, fast, good battery
    03-07-11 06:08 AM
    .480 is where the party's at

My berry doesn't do idle, but at high usage I'm also getting great battery life...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-11 06:22 AM

My berry doesn't do idle, but at high usage I'm also getting great battery life...

Why did you set your device memory at 5.0MB? Is there any benefit vs. having it at the default 32MB?
    03-07-11 06:35 AM
    Why did you set your device memory at 5.0MB? Is there any benefit vs. having it at the default 32MB?
    Force of habit I guess...

It was an old memory saving trick from days gone by, when berries had very little memory.

I've done it ever since, and it's never caused me any problems.

The lower I keep it, the less chance I have of filling it up with rubbish

03-07-11 06:51 AM

Thank you for the confirmation mate

I'm on my way to teh party
    03-07-11 06:59 AM
    I'm jealous to hear that you guys are getting great battery life. But I'm not. I've been noticing the battery has been draining, while it is powered off. Last night it was fully charged by 11pm. When I woke up around 745, the battery had drained down to 80%. A couple days ago after a full charge it went down to at least 70%. I no longer use my bb for day to day use, only as a mp3 player, to take some pictures, and to look at my numbers that I haven't entered into my g2. Anyone have any feedback?
    03-08-11 12:14 PM
    Yup, I also have this battery drain maybe due the signal locking is not stable, so it takes much battery usage to locate network. When using .461, battery life is great. Network locking on 3G also great... Now going back to .461

03-08-11 12:40 PM
    I'm jealous to hear that you guys are getting great battery life. But I'm not. I've been noticing the battery has been draining, while it is powered off. Last night it was fully charged by 11pm. When I woke up around 745, the battery had drained down to 80%. A couple days ago after a full charge it went down to at least 70%. I no longer use my bb for day to day use, only as a mp3 player, to take some pictures, and to look at my numbers that I haven't entered into my g2. Anyone have any feedback?

Can you give us a list of all the applications that are installed on your BB?
    03-08-11 12:40 PM
    I currently have: amazon mp3, aol instant messenger, beweather, app world, application center, blackberry maps, blackberry traffic, dictionary.com, ebay, facebook, flixter, google maps, google talk, tmobile my account, one touch flashlight, pageonce, pinball deluxe, poynt, screen muncher,superstore, tmobile tv, vvm, windows live messenger, wireless music sync, yahoo messenger, youtube.

I havent listed some of the obvious ones. And this drain occurs when the phone is off. I no longer have a sim card in the phone and all the radios are off
    03-08-11 12:52 PM
    I currently have: amazon mp3, aol instant messenger, beweather, app world, application center, blackberry maps, blackberry traffic, dictionary.com, ebay, facebook, flixter, google maps, google talk, tmobile my account, one touch flashlight, pageonce, pinball deluxe, poynt, screen muncher,superstore, tmobile tv, vvm, windows live messenger, wireless music sync, yahoo messenger, youtube.

I havent listed some of the obvious ones. And this drain occurs when the phone is off. I no longer have a sim card in the phone and all the radios are off

All of those applications seem fine to me except Facebook as it is known to be a battery drainer.

I personally think Facebook on a PC is much better than how it looks on a BB but to each his own....can you just uninstall facebook for 2 days and monitor the battery life after a full charge?

Additionally, Can you press and hold the BB Menu button and tell me what is currently running in the background?

Thank you.
    03-08-11 01:07 PM
    All of those applications seem fine to me except Facebook as it is known to be a battery drainer.

I personally think Facebook on a PC is much better than how it looks on a BB but to each his own....can you just uninstall facebook for 2 days and monitor the battery life after a full charge?

Additionally, Can you press and hold the BB Menu button and tell me what is currently running in the background?

Thank you.
    If this severe draining is happening when the device is off, I don't think any application is causing it. I would be surprised if it did since no application is polling or trying to get information especially if all the radios are off like stated. Has this always happened (but at different rates?) or only when you install a specific OS?
    03-08-11 01:31 PM
    I bbm, text, email, and internet browse all day nonstop from around 8 am - 9:30 am when I get home I still have 40 30 percent battery left its amazing

03-09-11 09:30 PM
    I did a battery pull yesterday in the afternoon and by late last night it hadn't drained at all. Only the usual apps were running: home, browser, messages, phone, and messenger. Weird because I've never needed to do a pull after updating the os on my phone for awhile

03-09-11 09:44 PM
    I bbm, text, email, and internet browse all day nonstop from around 8 am - 9:30 am when I get home I still have 40 30 percent battery left its amazing

Same here, except I return home with 60%
    03-09-11 09:50 PM
    meterberry seems to report a lower discharge rate on .448

i have not tired the .480 update yet and im currently on .448

my normal discharge rate according to meterberry is 0.7 normally im around 1.8 down to 0.4
    03-16-11 07:20 PM
    meterberry seems to report a lower discharge rate on .448

i have not tired the .480 update yet and im currently on .448

my normal discharge rate according to meterberry is 0.7 normally im around 1.8 down to 0.4

Dont forget to give the battery 3 - 4 days AT LEAST to settle in, any reading before that will not be real
    03-17-11 12:45 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD