So with BBOS7 lined up (QNX OS?!)

Leaked Software Roadmap Shows BIS 4.1 and BlackBerry 7 Are Coming! | CrackBerry.com

Just for fun I think if we started a thread about what people would want in the new OS.

I'll go first:
    - When deleting apps, I shouldn't have to do a battery pull
    - Speaking of apps - much more selection and more reasonable prices for them (This one's for you tucker) =)
    - Faster OS - MUCH faster, I don't ever want to see the clock turning

What else?
    Last edited by Machzy; 03-06-11 at 01:20 AM.
    03-05-11 07:01 PM
    music store
    03-05-11 07:24 PM
    Umm... QNX OS (Playbook OS)...
    03-05-11 07:41 PM
    music store
    Amazon MP3 app in App World takes care of that...
    Last edited by aab81901; 03-05-11 at 08:25 PM.
    03-05-11 07:56 PM
    An ecosystem in which BBM, emails, etc, can still be retrieved should the BIS go to pot... Through the native clients of course.
    03-05-11 08:28 PM
    I wish it was here
    03-05-11 08:35 PM
    -Faster browser with Flash support
    -(I'm still on OS5, so maybe this has been addressed in OS6, but) Ability for media to run in background without being interrupted with other notifications
    -Eliminate memory leaks
    -MUCH improved BB maps (to include traffic on freeways/highways as well as streets) w/ turn-by-turn directions (I'm tired of paying $10/month for VZ Navigator, as good as it is)
    -Native weather app
    -Trash inbox (in case I accidentally delete an important email)

I'm sure if I sit here, I can come up with more, but this is for now...
    03-05-11 08:59 PM
    Applications installed to 2-16gb internal memory and NOT the RAM.
    03-05-11 11:30 PM
    I'd like to see them bring back from os <5:
    Homescreen shortcut for "sounds"
    Do not disturb in ring tones
    Browser shortcuts for "view link address" and "send page address"

Remove auto sent picture resizing in bbm and bring back resolution choices

Change:
    Lock buttin to require press and hold to unlock and a tap to lock, its far too easy to unlock especially with the torches sensitive button

Be sure to include 2+ convience keys and a microSD card slot on all the devices.. Hmm I guess stop screwing with a good thing in the process

MOST OF ALL I HATE HOW OS 6 APPLICATIONS REQUEST PERMISSIONS
    Almost no apps work without "some" of the permissions that fall under "personal information" but while requesting permission it doesn't tell you if it only needs access to your SD card etc, or if it is going to download your address book. Rim just added another step with that useless "nag" permissions screen , now everytime an app needs permissions I have to ignore it and go to options and give it what it needs. Bring back the detailed permission screen, or better yet a shortcut to the full list of the permissions the app needs from the vague "nag" screen
    Last edited by nah.uhh; 03-06-11 at 12:01 AM.
    03-05-11 11:53 PM
    So with BBOS7 lined up (QNX OS?!)

Leaked Software Roadmap Shows BIS 4.1 and BlackBerry 7 Are Coming! | CrackBerry.com

Just for fun I think if we started a thread about what people would want in the new OS.

I'll go first:
    - When deleting apps, I shouldn't have to do a battery pull
    - Speaking of apps - much, MUCH selection and more reasonable prices for them (This one's for you tucker) =)
    - Faster OS - MUCH faster, I don't ever want to see the clock turning

What else?

You can blame the Java Virtual Machine for this.....a new, clean slate with QNX is what's needed to resolve that.
    03-06-11 12:03 AM
    I'd like some of the old ringtones - I used contentment and eager for email and sms, and they were removed from bb6
    03-06-11 02:39 AM
    do a search on os5 ringtones its easy and you will get them all back
    03-06-11 03:00 AM
    OS7 Wishlist eh.... This will be a long one

EMAIL:
    - ondevice e-mail folders
    - on device sort by sender/date/subject line/received address
    - TODO integrated with email and Calendar
    - Contact harvesting from email
    - Bulk email sending, using "TO" rather than "BCC" but each recipient seeing only their e-mail
    - Colour coding in the Universal inbox to distinguish between addresses

Calendar:
    -COLOUR OPTIONS!!!!!!
    -Integration with email & todo
    -Integration with the Telephone with Phone reminders ( Create a reminder to call ## @ specified time, the reminder launches and you press OK / Cancel / Snooze, upon pressing OK the phone application launches Calling the phone number for the appointment
    - Integration with Contact list, create appointment/reminder from contacts name

IMAGE management
    -Disable Universal Image folder, my images are sorted and NEVER do I want to go through 1000's of images at a time
    - Intelligent Autonaming (Inside BBM/MMS when someone sends you an image, apply contact name as a prefix to the image name)
    -approve/deny images being sent, removal of auto receive thumbnails, with option to enable

Misc:
    Password protected folders, I'd like to be able to lock document folders and image folders from access without a second password entry.

Home Screen options, I'd like to see Home screen options like we will have with OS6.1 but expanded, I want to define my headings, and the number of headings, and locking application into those headings,

Improved contact management following with the trend I have set, MORE integration with other applications within the device. I could write a many many page essay about what I want out of contact management and why I want it,

I'd like a flash enabled web browser that loads webpages quickly and renders them appropriately for my device screen size,

I would like to see Sheets to Go, include pivot tables, print from device options,

I would like RIM to add a basic CMS with call reporting and ability
    03-06-11 06:38 AM
    ^^^ +1.

It seems that you and I want the same simple things in RIM's email and OS options.

How RIM have survived so long without folders that mirror those in Outlook is beyond me. I realize that to do this they would have to implement and then import Outlook Rules BUT rules in email are used by just about everyone today.
    03-06-11 06:52 AM
    Applications installed to 2-16gb internal memory and NOT the RAM.
    +1,000,000. Probably the most important alteration to the OS

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-11 09:04 AM
    I would add to deRusett's list; Expand ability to work with PDF files. It would also be cool to be able to do speed message from the keyboard like you can with speed dial (maybe alt+pre-assigned speed dial key). you could pre-assign it to one of the messaging systems(e-mail, BBM, SMS, MMS, maybe even through the social media networks).
    ocgltd likes this.
    03-06-11 06:23 PM
    OS7 Wishlist eh.... This will be a long one
    Would like to add under EMAIL - actual out-of-the-box ActiveSync integration (like everyone else now does). Although, I don't know if this would have to be a BIS thing or an OS thing - or maybe both.

Docs to Go seems to be getting the full premium version as part of the OS soon (if the leaked beta version is any indication). If so, the PDF reader needs the ability to rotate the view independent of the screen's orientation.
    03-07-11 01:07 PM
    - Adobe Flash Support
    - Microsoft Office, Good, Free! (Not something like Docs to go)
    - Better Browser
    - Play all Media formats
    - New cool UI with new Icons (OS4-5 is Ugly, OS6 is kinda nice, Next should be better!)
    - New BBM (No Delays!!!)
    - FASTER BOOTING!
    - Black & White, Sepia mode for Camera (This feature is not included in OS6 T^T)

Thats all i want
    Last edited by Tecklop; 03-23-11 at 06:33 AM.
    03-22-11 07:50 AM
    I'd like to see:

-BBM integration with other social services like Facebook, Twitter (FB chat, FB status updates etc.)
    -Widgets
    -Turn off camera shutter sound. Yes, I know there are apps and all of that, I don't care. The phone should ship with this option.
    -I think that in general, BBM should be updated with more features, options and integration. Expand the possibilities.
    -Even easier navigation
    -Notification bar needs to be at top at all times, including while in apps. Time should be displayed etc.
    -Faster reboots.
    03-22-11 09:43 AM
    I'd like to see:

-BBM integration with other social services like Facebook, Twitter (FB chat, FB status updates etc.)
    -Widgets
    -Turn off camera shutter sound. Yes, I know there are apps and all of that, I don't care. The phone should ship with this option.
    -I think that in general, BBM should be updated with more features, options and integration. Expand the possibilities.
    -Even easier navigation
    -Notification bar needs to be at top at all times, including while in apps. Time should be displayed etc.
    -Faster reboots.
    I do NOT want notification bar always at the top,
    I have LED blinking for that, and can switch out of an app if I need to,

I would like the time/date to be included in the options menu when pressing the BBmenu button, MAYBE even having the notifications in there as well to allow you to not fully leave the app to see

03-22-11 10:41 AM
    - New cool UI with new Icons (OS4-5 is Ugly, OS6 is kinda nice, Next should be better!)
    I agree OS 4 was ugly, but 5 and 6 share the same Precision icon style that I like. I suppose an update to it would be nice.

03-22-11 11:04 AM
    Make it compatible with all devices releasing this year.
    03-22-11 11:46 AM
    i,ve got to admit i am quite happy with my lot but there are a ****
    of a lot of good suggestions here
    03-22-11 11:49 AM
    I would like to have the ability to compose html e-mails, instead of just plain text.
    05-22-11 02:01 PM
    I do NOT want notification bar always at the top,
    I have LED blinking for that, and can switch out of an app if I need to,

I would like the time/date to be included in the options menu when pressing the BBmenu button, MAYBE even having the notifications in there as well to allow you to not fully leave the app to see

But I'd like to be able to see what type of notification it is before I switch out. I'd also like it to be in all applications.
    05-22-11 02:23 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD