Called 2 Sprint stores and asked the reps to test the Text MMS feature and none were able to get it working under OS 6.x. It appears that if one wants to text MMS they will need to downgrade to OS 5.
    03-04-11 07:58 PM
    I don't know who you have been talking to at Sprint....but Text MMS works just fine on OS 6 for me. What exactly are you trying to do?
    03-04-11 08:10 PM
    believe me it does work - I just test send a max resolution photo from my Curve 9300 OS6

As others mentioned in other places here: start a text message, write something or not, while in the text application open the menu - scroll down to attach and select whatever you want to attach. Selecting photos for example will show the message ' switching to multi media .....' and it will send it as MMS

I never used OS5 so don't know how different it was then but for me the way how it works in OS6 - automatically detecting what I want to do is cool and sweet
    03-04-11 08:13 PM
    believe me it does work - I just test send a max resolution photo from my Curve 9300 OS6

As others mentioned in other places here: start a text message, write something or not, while in the text application open the menu - scroll down to attach and select whatever you want to attach. Selecting photos for example will show the message ' switching to multi media .....' and it will send it as MMS

I never used OS5 so don't know how different it was then but for me the way how it works in OS6 - automatically detecting what I want to do is cool and sweet
    Darn DO YOU PEOPLE EVER READ BEFORE YOU REPLY? I send TEXT MMS, TEXT MMS, TEXT MMS!! I bet 99.99& of the people that replied to all my posts has not even read the word TEXT MMS.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, read before you reply. TEXT MMS IS NOT THE SAME AS PICTURE MMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John
    03-04-11 10:07 PM
    I don't know who you have been talking to at Sprint....but Text MMS works just fine on OS 6 for me. What exactly are you trying to do?
    Do you even know what TEXT MMS is? Text MMS is not Picture MMS. If you think it is, you did not read my post.
    03-04-11 10:11 PM
    OS 6 will decide automatically if the message is sent as SMS or MMS.
    03-05-11 05:26 AM
    Dont have to be so rude!! People are only trying to help!
    03-05-11 06:31 AM
    Thank you! Mine works fine too!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-11 10:06 AM
    Maybe I'm just not understanding what "Text MMS" are because generally MMS are multimedia messages right? So it has to have a picture, video or audio clip attached? In that case mine works great with the 6.0 upgrade.
    What am I not getting about "Text MMS"
    03-05-11 11:16 AM
    OP, maybe you should explain what "text mms" means because it seems like you're the only one who knows what it means.

If you mean composing a text over 160 characters by using MMS then I'm not sure what you're issue is. When you go over 160 characters it automatically changes your SMS text to MMS.

03-05-11 12:20 PM
    sms = text only 160 characters and uner

mms= text over 160 characters, pictues, videos, audio clips etc.

now i know if i type more than 160 characters then i have to hit enter and send the rest as a separate text. (coulda swore there was an option in the settings somewhere that if a message passed 160 characters it would send it as two texts automatically for you, but cant seem to find the option now)

and if i attach any kind of file(audio, video, picture) it automatically pushes message out as an MMS

i dont think verizon or sprint support long sms or ems but im not sure
    i have os 6 with threaded messaging so it doesnt bother me too much
    another reason i might not see the option to write past 160(but split into seperate messages when sent) is because im running the latest os 6 from another carrier (not sprint and not verizon) which i believe these types of options may be changed depending on the carrier but im not sure.

hope this helps clear things a little
    03-05-11 03:40 PM
    Was just wondering about this too, as send mms message has disappeared for me too

03-05-11 09:10 PM
    Dont have to be so rude!! People are only trying to help!
    My fault. I overreacted.
    03-06-11 06:31 AM
    On the older OSes, you could send longer messages via MMS. When you go to compose a message in Osicks, Compose Other gives you the options of Compose Text Message, Compose PIN, Compose Instant Message, or Compose Facebook or Twitter. There is no longer an option to select MMS, at least in current iterations.

I do remember sending long texts as MMS in previous versions. Rare for me, but it used to be available as an option.

03-06-11 06:43 AM
    I did check the phone I sent a long message to and sure enough, it came up as an mms, so os6 did the right thing by converting any message over 160 characters to mms

03-06-11 09:16 AM
    I did check the phone I sent a long message to and sure enough, it came up as an mms, so os6 did the right thing by converting any message over 160 characters to mms

The Sprint version of OS 6.x cannot do this. I tested a AT&T OS 6.x device and it could NOT send MMS.
    03-06-11 12:12 PM
    I found this thread while searching for a solution to this issue. I have a sprint curve running the new OS. This is extremely frustrating that MMS isn't available for us anymore. While apparently the rest of the folks are oblivious to what this is, for me- this has been the only way to send a longer text. My device doesn't do some auto convert to MMS. It simply doesn't let you type past 160 texts. And for me the 160 character limit is frequently not enough. I am very dissapointed that BB disabled this feature, and curious to why they would have.
    04-20-11 08:03 AM
    Sure you can....start an mms with a picture, go to a picture in your media, menu->send->text, type as much as you want....then send it, not that complicated....or just send multiple sms message like everyone else

04-23-11 08:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD