Alrighty so here is my situation, I was fooling around with my blackberry and I accidentally ended up hiding some photos and after trying to find out how to unhide them I kept coming across that you are supposed to go into the BB menus and use the 'explore button'. I even called my phone company and they told me the same thing. I have the torch , and I have looked at other peoples torches and they do not seem to have an explore button on theirs either and I don't have one on mine, I know you are supposed to go into the BB menu but I have tried that in every possible way and it still isn't present, so pretty much what i am asking is

why doesn't my phone have an explore option .....? or if it does why can't I find it ?
    03-04-11 04:32 PM
    Maybe they were talking about the File Explorer

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-11 04:57 PM
    open media icon>bb menu button>explore (located about 2/3 way down the menu below 'hide'). This opens a screen that lets you explore your media card or the device files. Good luck
    03-04-11 05:02 PM
    open media icon>bb menu button>explore (located about 2/3 way down the menu below 'hide'). This opens a screen that lets you explore your media card or the device files. Good luck
    Yup, that also opens the file explorer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-11 05:05 PM
    I agree with SlcCorrado.

Once you click on "explore" from the BB menu on the "Media" screen, you then have to select one of 2 memory locations inside the phone: (1) the "media card" (which is the micro-SD card) and (2) the "device" (which is the "built-in media storage" inside the phone.) My photos are stored on the media card under the folder:
    /Media Card/BlackBerry/camera.

You could also get at these files using the BB Desktop software or using the windows explorer if your Torch is connected to the computer via the usb cable.

Here's how you do it from the windows 7 desktop.

First, attach your torch to your computer with the usb cord.

On the torch screen, it'll display a menu with 3 options: "usb drive", "media sync" & "charge only". Select "usb drive". You might have to enter the device password if you have set one up.

Then, on the computer screen, a windows dialog box should pop up saying something "Autoplay General Options", providing you with an option to open the folder to view the files using windows explorer. You might have to enter the device password here as well if you have set one up.

Now you can just use your computer to search for jpg files on the drives that represent your Torch. My Torch has 1 SDHC card and one micro-SD card. One of them shows up as drive "F" and the other shows up as drive "H".

My pictures show up in windows inside this folder, F:\BlackBerry\camera

I hope this is helpful to some of the new guys on here!
    03-04-11 05:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD