Hey guys,

I have a BB 8350i that a customer had. He purchased it used from a friend, and, right at the time he purchased it, it started not holding service "the check mark next to Mobile Network" kept disappearing as soon as I checked it. He said that he believed when he wiped the Blackberry and did a master reset, it caused it to do that. From my experience with the BB, that is a defective software issue that typically cannot be repaired. It has to be replaced, but, it is not under warranty.

He wanted me to restore software anyway, in the middle of it, I got an error message "507 Reload Software." I believe it erased everything, but, was not able to restore anything to it.

I have tried all morning to reload software, but, keep getting an error message about needing to choose an option about rebooting/powering off the BB if the battery is low, and, keeps asking me to retry the connection.

I just recognized that it said not to plug it into the front of the unit, but, only the back - so, I have now tried it - but, if that doesn't work, any other thoughts?

Jeremy
    03-04-11 09:51 AM
    the 507 error means that you successfully wiped the OS from the phone. You should be able to reload the OS for it once you have it on your PC (that IS what you're tyring to do...right?)
    03-04-11 09:58 AM
    Yes - it will not let me though. I moved the BB to a rear USB port and got the same error message.
    03-04-11 10:06 AM
    what are you using to load the OS...BBSAK? or something similar? Will it recognize the BB when you plug it in?
    03-04-11 10:14 AM
    I have tried both Blackberry Desktop Manager and Blackberry Desktop Software.
    03-04-11 11:42 AM
    you may need to use JL_Cmder i had to use that when i did the same thing it wouldnt work for me on windows 7 so i had to use my windows xp computer
    03-04-11 09:25 PM
    What is JL-Cmder? I am a novice, at best, to all of this. Thanks for helping me.

Jeremy
    03-07-11 09:11 AM
    03-07-11 11:29 AM
    May I ask - how does it work?
    03-07-11 11:54 AM
    google search for a guide....
    03-13-11 07:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD