So I have about 25 total episodes stored on my memory card. When I opened the app a new podcast channel showed up called "unknown" which consists of every episode that I have already downloaded plus a series of numbers ( like 1.4358217598634892731). These episodes will play, but I can't delete them or the "unknown" channel. They do delete when the episode has been deleted from it's original subscription channel. I have looked at the podcast folder of my card on my PC and the unknown channel is not present there so it seems to just be a mirror that the program has created on it's own. I have tried resyncing all my subscriptions, deleting and reinstalling the podcast app, even backing up and then deleting and restoring the entire memory card with no success. The only thing that has worked is deleting every podcast and then downloading them all again, but after a few days the unknown channel shows up again. I haven't been able to find any help from the BlackBerry site, so I'm hoping that CrackBerry can lead me in the right direction. Any suggestions?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-11 05:49 AM
    i don't have any answers for you, but i do feel like the podcast app w/OS6 is a little buggy. it ran flawless in OS5.
    03-06-11 10:25 PM
    Well it was silly, but I eventually figured it out on my own and just wanted to post the answer in case someone else has the same issue. Somehow the actual podcast folder on my memory card became unhidden so the podcast app detected it as a new source of media. That's why every entry would be doubled. Just rechecking the box to hide this folder made the Unknown channel go away. I don't know why I didn't think of that earlier, but that was the fix I was looking for. Hope I can help anyone else who sees the same issue somewhere down the line.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    edriss, rickster21 and bpgui like this.
    09-27-11 07:47 AM
    I know this thread is a little old, but I just wanted to say "Thank You" for posting the solution. This had been annoying me ever since I got a new phone.
    11-18-11 06:13 AM
    I'm glad I could help. I had the issue for SO LONG and everywhere I looked I couldn't find the answers I needed. Once I finally figured it out and realized it was a simple solution I was thrilled.
    11-18-11 06:55 AM
    Thanks for posting this solution to the podcast "unknown" issue. I can't believe I didn't think of that sooner. Thanks again for the answer!
    03-12-12 10:45 PM
    Worked for me too. Thank you!
    07-17-12 11:23 AM
    Thank you! You helped me out!
    10-11-12 03:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD