OK guys, I'd really like to track down this spinning clock issue. I've done a lot of searching on the net, but no one has posted about this exact problem.

Phone is fine... until I sync with my Desktop Manager. Then I get the frequent spinning clock. Phone is pretty much unusable.

Reboots & battery pulls don't help. Leaving the phone sit for hours doesn't help. What does help however is pulling out the media card!

Phone is 100% fine while the card is removed. So what I've learned to do is put the media card in my computer, copy everything off of it. Format it, and then put it back into the Blackberry empty. Format it in the Blackberry, and then copy everything back onto the card through the USB connection. Tedious, slow, and stupid to have to go through.

Can anyone verify that they have had this issue? I've seen it now with several flavors of OS6. Currently I have .446 and not really all that much stuff on my media card either.
    03-03-11 10:09 PM
    reload your os. also i used .466 for awhile before i put a hybrid .481 in. And .466 is a very good os. if you've done battery pulls and getting the hourglass still that's what i would do.
    03-04-11 06:36 AM
    OK guys, I'd really like to track down this spinning clock issue. I've done a lot of searching on the net, but no one has posted about this exact problem.

Phone is fine... until I sync with my Desktop Manager. Then I get the frequent spinning clock. Phone is pretty much unusable.

Reboots & battery pulls don't help. Leaving the phone sit for hours doesn't help. What does help however is pulling out the media card!

Phone is 100% fine while the card is removed. So what I've learned to do is put the media card in my computer, copy everything off of it. Format it, and then put it back into the Blackberry empty. Format it in the Blackberry, and then copy everything back onto the card through the USB connection. Tedious, slow, and stupid to have to go through.

Can anyone verify that they have had this issue? I've seen it now with several flavors of OS6. Currently I have .446 and not really all that much stuff on my media card either.
    Steve, it sounds as if your when done with DM that your sd card is just "indexing" things on your card back into place after you've hooked up to DM and transferred files and such.

On rare occassion I will get the clock, but thats after I've usb'd to my laptop to add some things to my sd card on my bold, and after safely ejecting from the laptop, my media is a little slow for about 15-20mins till everything re-sorts itself.

I know, it probably shouldn't happen, but it does and its the way it functions. Its the same when I do a battery pull, my media is slow for a bit till all gets sorted out.

So, if you re-load the OS and find no change in the response, you may want to consider what I've suggested as a possibility Just my .02 cents.
    03-04-11 07:29 AM
    Steve, it sounds as if your when done with DM that your sd card is just "indexing" things on your card back into place after you've hooked up to DM and transferred files and such.

On rare occassion I will get the clock, but thats after I've usb'd to my laptop to add some things to my sd card on my bold, and after safely ejecting from the laptop, my media is a little slow for about 15-20mins till everything re-sorts itself.

I know, it probably shouldn't happen, but it does and its the way it functions. Its the same when I do a battery pull, my media is slow for a bit till all gets sorted out.

So, if you re-load the OS and find no change in the response, you may want to consider what I've suggested as a possibility Just my .02 cents.
    Pink is exactly correct! My media card (with over 5000 pictures alone, never mind the vids etc) takes about an hour to index itself after a batt pull. But I never see the hourglass. I just don't open media folder for an hour after I've pulled battery!!

It is one of the reasons OS6 boots quickly...it indexes AFTER you reach the home screen. I am assuming...
    Forrer and ThePinkChameleon like this.
    03-04-11 07:41 AM
    I would normally agree with you, but last night I left my phone plugged in and sitting for a couple of hours. When I picked it up again, it was still spinning. This is without trying to access any media on card. It spins just moving around the home screen and menus.

I pull the media card today so I could actually use my phone. I'll experiment with it more over the weekend when it's not as critical that the phone works smoothly.

I'd really rather not have to reload the OS, but only because I don't think that this is the true issue. Something odd is happening after I sync with desktop manager, and it's driving me crazy.
    03-04-11 07:08 PM
    ok Steve, your right the clock should not spin for 2hrs, that's insane. Now if you remove your sd card and your bb acts properly, then I would think there is something corrupted on your card, if your bb only behaves wacky when the card is in. At that point, call it a loss and replace your card. Remeber to reformat it when you insert it to your bb before loading stuff up on it.

I hope you get this worked out w/o having to reload the os. Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-11 10:41 AM
    Yeah, that's what I'll have to do is pick up another card.

Oddly, it seems that if I wipe the card, and then copy all my data to it (thru USB cable) it works fine. Something about syncing with DM triggers the bad behavior.
    03-05-11 12:05 PM
    Yeah, that's what I'll have to do is pick up another card.

Oddly, it seems that if I wipe the card, and then copy all my data to it (thru USB cable) it works fine. Something about syncing with DM triggers the bad behavior.
    that is strange then! what i would consider doing then is clean up your computer-defrag; check util disk etc., delete the DM you have now, reboot and then re-install a fresh DM. this may help, it worth a shot
    03-05-11 12:59 PM
    I dont think you have to go through the defrag process for your PC. just uninstall DM, reboot, re-install DM.
    it sounds like DM got a bad install and its doing something odd to your phones media card.
    03-05-11 11:53 PM
    I did both the DM remove/reinstall, and I also formatted the media card and copied my stuff back onto it.

I *think* it was something screwy with the "wifi music sync" that never worked right on my phone.

Thanks guys!
    03-10-11 08:32 PM
    I get this spinning clock problem whenever I try to wipe the device wirelessly. It will spin from 4 to 6 hours and maybe more before it actually starts wiping the thing. Is this normal???
    03-23-11 02:58 AM
    Did you try clearing the event log,memory cleaning and clear your browser's data ie. Cache,cookies,history..??

03-23-11 05:31 AM
    Did you try clearing the event log,memory cleaning and clear your browser's data ie. Cache,cookies,history..??

03-23-11 06:00 AM
    Have you formatted the card in your bb then leave it alone and how does the phone work? If it works fine then add stuff back a little at a time. If it starts spinning with nothing on the card I'd say it's either your card or something wrong with the slot.
    03-23-11 06:43 AM
    If it has something to so with not just the media card, but the images. If you place a very high res pictures on the media card. It will take a bit to load something that big.

Check your photo and wallpaper sizes.
    03-23-11 07:41 AM
    If it has something to so with not just the media card, but the images. If you place a very high res pictures on the media card. It will take a bit to load something that big.

Check your photo and wallpaper sizes.
    That would make sense if I'm wiping the media card as well.... But I don't.

Unless ur responding to someone elses post

03-23-11 07:55 AM
    Just a general statement to those seeing loading issues and indexing.

I have seen it before. Loading a 1800x1900 picture will take some time And there is no need for it.
    03-23-11 07:58 AM
    ok Steve, your right the clock should not spin for 2hrs, that's insane. Now if you remove your sd card and your bb acts properly, then I would think there is something corrupted on your card, if your bb only behaves wacky when the card is in. At that point, call it a loss and replace your card. Remember to reformat it when you insert it to your bb before loading stuff up on it.

I hope you get this worked out w/o having to reload the os. Good luck!

I heard of another 'fix' toward it:
    On O/S6 on BB desktop select Options | Device | Storage
    then remove the checkmark from Enable Compression at the top
    SAVE and exit

But I like the idea of reformatting the SD Card.

One other aspect I found was that the MemoPad option, it ONLY stores data in the BB memory and not the SD Card which means that a lot of stored data there will also slow the BB down a lot.
    01-05-12 10:26 AM
    I'm wondering whether you're restoring EVERYTHING after reformatting the SD card.

I recall seeing a similar issue (long ago) and the solution was to replace all files EXCEPT those named BBThumbs.dat. Perhaps if you copy all files from SD card onto PC and do a search for those dat files, delete them, and then restore to a freshly formatted card?
    01-06-12 03:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD