pretty much RIM can kiss their a$$es goodbye. A big FAIL releasing this thing in the first place, let alone AFTER the release of the iPad 2. After everyone who wanted a tablet, a luxury item, not a necessity for most, buys the price-reduced iPad or the snazzy iPad 2 at full price or even the more powerful XOOM, the Playbook will be selling about 102 units. All from hardcore crackberry addicts on this forum and maybe one or two company executives.

My question I pose to you forum memebers:

In a few years, when RIM is a former-shell of itself and has lost all of it's marketshare to everyone except for a few government agencies and high-security corporations, who do you think will be buying RIM?

Google? HTC? Motorola?
    03-03-11 01:53 PM
    Notice the title of this thread : http://forums.crackberry.com/f222/if...s-true-590542/

why would you make yours the same?
    03-03-11 01:55 PM
    pretty much RIM can kiss their a$$es goodbye. A big FAIL releasing this thing in the first place, let alone AFTER the release of the iPad 2. After everyone who wanted a tablet, a luxury item, not a necessity for most, buys the price-reduced iPad or the snazzy iPad 2 at full price or even the more powerful XOOM, the Playbook will be selling about 102 units. All from hardcore crackberry addicts on this forum and maybe one or two company executives.

In a few years, when RIM is a former-shell of itself and has lost all of it's marketshare to everyone except for a few government agencies and high-security corporations, who do you think will be buying RIM?

Google? HTC? Motorola?
    except it isn't more powerful.

noone is buying RIM because they're doing actually pretty well:
    RIM has roared back despite BlackBerry skeptics -- The Buzz - Mar. 3, 2011
    03-03-11 02:41 PM
    Oh boy, here we go again. 'Cept this time it's just a big fail, not an epic fail. Whew, that's a relief.

Market analysts expect RIM to sell 3.5 million PlayBooks this year. Do you know something they don't?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by 18to12fitty; 03-03-11 at 06:53 PM.
    03-03-11 02:54 PM
    Oh boy, here we go again. 'Cept this time it's just a big fail, not an epic fail. Whew, that's a relief.

Anyway, your argument is fundamentally flawed from the get-go. If the April 10 release date holds true, the PlayBook will still be out before the iPad 2, which goes on sale April 11.

Market analysts expect RIM to sell 3.5 million PlayBooks this year. Do you know something they don't?

March 11th.
    03-03-11 03:01 PM
    Anyway, your argument is fundamentally flawed from the get-go. If the April 10 release date holds true, the PlayBook will still be out before the iPad 2, which goes on sale April 11.
    The iPad 2 will be out March 11th, not April 11th.
    03-03-11 03:02 PM
    It will be interesting to be in a best buy or circuit city and see which of the two sells better.

I regret to say it but some of those could have been playbook sales.

03-03-11 03:09 PM
    i thought it was 6 million PBs this yet?
    03-03-11 03:14 PM

Google? HTC? Motorola?
    So let me get this straight, be sure to explain it slow, because I get confused when it comes to nonsense...
    If RIM releases the PlayBook in March, you will love them and they will enjoy tons of success going forward, but if they release it a month later they will crumble and eventually get bought out?
    03-03-11 03:17 PM
    The iPad 2 will be out March 11th, not April 11th.
    Oops. Ok, come on, pile it on. I deserve this one.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.

andyahs likes this.
    03-03-11 03:18 PM
    i thought it was 6 million PBs this yet?
    I imagine they didn't expect this competition and those numbers may have been revised down.

03-03-11 03:19 PM
    It will be interesting to be in a best buy or circuit city and see which of the two sells better.

I regret to say it but some of those could have been playbook sales.

Circuit City? What's that?

03-03-11 03:30 PM

Another retailer like bestbuy and office max, selling simular products.

03-03-11 04:11 PM
    lmao, CC went bankrupt and is not basically online only. I havent seen a store since they came back.
    03-03-11 04:18 PM
    lmao, CC went bankrupt and is not basically online only. I havent seen a store since they came back.
    Yeah, they're the ones that put Lechmere out of business, and then Best Buy came around and returned the favor.

So now that it looks like April 10 no longer holds true, can we burp and phart and make totally irreverent and irrelevant commentary on this thread now (because up until now there hasn't yet been any of that)?

03-03-11 07:07 PM
    Another retailer like bestbuy and office max, selling simular products.
    I was kidding. They have been long gone. Figured anybody who followed tech would have known this.
    03-03-11 08:29 PM
    I was kidding. They have been long gone. Figured anybody who followed tech would have known this.
    They still exist and have a website, though they aren't the company they use to be. Almost entirely online I believe.

Figured anybody up on current events would have known this.

Circuit City back in business

Gotta be careful about condescension. Can backfire.

Last edited by kb5zht; 03-03-11 at 08:39 PM.
    03-03-11 08:34 PM
    They still exist and have a website, though they aren't the company they use to be.

Figured anybody up on current events would have known this.
    I am well aware they have a website. The name was bought out. I recall reading about it the day they were 'reborn'.

Relaunched Circuit City site is a triplet | The Digital Home - CNET News
    03-03-11 08:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD