I recently opened AppWorld to discover I had some apps that needed updating. However, the 4 apps in particular (MSN, YahooIM, Google Chat and AIM i think) I had no need for and therefore i un-installed all of them. But i still have the app world notifications telling me i have updates when i clearly do not. Ive pulled the battery, refreshed my list, tried everything i can think of but it still says i need to update 4 apps i do not have. This is very annoying so if anyone knows of a solution please let me know.
    03-03-11 10:38 AM
    You may need to delete app world then reinstall it. Just a suggestion
    03-03-11 10:55 AM
    although it seems like that should be an unnecessary action i'll give it a try.
    03-03-11 11:05 AM
    although it seems like that should be an unnecessary action i'll give it a try.
    I agree with you 100%, it should be unneccessary, and it may not work. But as you know the BB can be rather difficult at times. It was just a suggestion.
    03-03-11 11:08 AM
    as soon as it reinstalled the notifications appeared again with it... I dont have any other out of date apps. this is quite irritating -_-
    03-03-11 11:14 AM
    yes, difficult at times indeed. i appreciate the suggestions either way.
    03-03-11 11:15 AM
    maybe try updating them and then uninstalling them? maybe that way the NEXT updates you won't have to worry about?
    03-03-11 12:18 PM
    but i dont even have the apps anymore to update i dont wanna reinstall everything just to update and uninstall.
    03-03-11 12:31 PM
    Had the same prob a few weeks ago and the only thing that worked was to install and then delete. Crazy but it finally got rid of them and so far no return.
    03-03-11 03:56 PM
    Alt RST from within AW.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-11 06:56 PM
    If you uninstall an app, you have to reboot your device in order for it to be reflected as uninstalled. Did you reboot after uninstalling? Have you checked to make sure they were successfully uninstalled?
    03-04-11 05:23 AM
    ya they were all uninstalled properly and i reset the phone. i actually solved the problem on my own and its actually simple. if you highlight the center bar that actually shows notifications and click on it, it brings up a menu that shows any app world updates. i clicked on each of em one at a time and the notifications vanished.
    03-04-11 11:00 PM
    I'm having the same exact issue with my Torch, and at the risk of sounding like an *****, how do you unistall APP WORLD? I don't get the option to.

Thanks
    Steve
    03-24-11 11:48 PM
    I'm having the same exact issue with my Torch, and at the risk of sounding like an *****, how do you unistall APP WORLD? I don't get the option to.

Thanks
    Steve
    1st option (recommended) - You can remove it with BlackBerry Desktop Manager
    2nd option - You can remove it with a program like BBSAK
    03-25-11 10:06 AM
    This seemed to show up with the last App World update.
    03-25-11 11:39 AM
    ya they were all uninstalled properly and i reset the phone. i actually solved the problem on my own and its actually simple. if you highlight the center bar that actually shows notifications and click on it, it brings up a menu that shows any app world updates. i clicked on each of em one at a time and the notifications vanished.
    very good to know... thanks so much for posting the answer.

I actually installed the app, did the update, then deleted them. it's a long work around, but it did the trick.

i'm going to try it next time i get updates i don't want.
    03-25-11 07:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD