The new 3G curve is faster, has more features, a better browser, MUCH MORE INTERNAL RAM and a horde of other improvements. However it seems to have some drawbacks, or perhaps I am not fully understanding the new unit so why I post here for assistance.

1) The new curve came with 5.x. I ran the device switch updater on my Mac and most everything got transferred. However when I upgraded to 6.x I lost most of my ringers. How can I get them back?

2) Reboot time- New Curve takes like 3-4 times longer to reboot than the old 8330 did.

3) BB Maps- I hit the space bar and I do not see the status screen in 6.x. What happened to BB maps? Did they improve it or take away features?

4) Browser- Certainly a far superior browser in 6.x. However when I do a google search the text appears way too small. How can I make a easy browsing experience?

5) Sprint TV- Seems more sluggish on new Curve over 8330 Curve. This morning when I tried to turn the volume up and down, it was taking a minute to do that. Perhaps something that will be corrected after I reboot.

6) I have had to purchase Bee Jive Live again as I originally did not spend the $14.99 for the transfer license. Learned my lesson and bought that license this morning.

7) How can I get QuickPull Pro on my device again, or do you even recommend it? This was a CRUCIAL app for the 8330.

Overall the new unit is MUCH MUCH NICER. Once these glitches or misunderstandings can be resolved it will be a great unit.

Thank you!

John
    03-03-11 06:48 AM
    I can relate-I came from a 8330 to the 9330-Glad u like your new 3G curve, the way I see it No device is made with perfection always something...Yes I also have issues with Sprint TV takes forever to upload the app-and yes very sluggish ed if used on their sprint connection-since I ve been wifi-ing it seems to be less sluggish...
    I used quickpull with my 8330-but I don't use it now with that device never had an issue needing to do a battery pull ...The browser huh I Know there isn't away of getting around it but zooming in and out..as far I know enable to read it...As for BB maps I have it on my device and never use it anyways-I use googles maps...

Good Luck with your new BB....
    03-03-11 11:33 AM
    For the ringtones, check here.

For a soft reset, press and hold the alt+right shift+del keys simultaneously. That does the same thing as QuickPull.
    03-03-11 11:39 AM
    For the ringtones, check here.

For a soft reset, press and hold the alt+right shift+del keys simultaneously. That does the same thing as QuickPull.
    Thank you for this link. Another issue is that Text MMS is gone in 6.x. How can I get it back?
    03-03-11 12:06 PM
    Thank you for this link. Another issue is that Text MMS is gone in 6.x. How can I get it back?
    open the sms app then insert any image and it will automatically switch to mms
    03-03-11 04:09 PM
    #7 QuickPull for BlackBerry by Steelthorn Software QuickPull 5 works on my 9330 with OS 6.
    jwolf6589 likes this.
    03-03-11 04:36 PM
    open the sms app then insert any image and it will automatically switch to mms
    I cant do text MMS anymore.
    03-03-11 06:12 PM
    MMS works fine for me after upgrading, as bobby0724 says, open the Text Message app, then press the Blackberry button, select Attach and choose from picture or video or whichever, I chose picture, I then got a message onscreen which said "switching to MMS mode, this may incur extra data charges" (or something similar to that), when I removed the picture it said "SMS mode".
    03-03-11 07:32 PM
    MMS works fine for me after upgrading, as bobby0724 says, open the Text Message app, then press the Blackberry button, select Attach and choose from picture or video or whichever, I chose picture, I then got a message onscreen which said "switching to MMS mode, this may incur extra data charges" (or something similar to that), when I removed the picture it said "SMS mode".
    I am talking about text MMS. Mine does not auto convert to MMS when I type in more than 160 characters. There is no option to do so. Perhaps Sprints does not support it.
    03-04-11 05:12 AM
    Yea you can type more than 160 characters in one text message on sprint

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-11 06:43 PM
    Yea you can type more than 160 characters in one text message on sprint

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    How? Not on my BB using OS 6.x.
    03-04-11 07:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD