So the Curve is pretty short on memory and Opera Mini isn't the smoothest thing in the world. Haven't tried the bolt browser yet. The browser on the OS6.0 runs much faster and smoother, but I have encountered that it doesn't like large pages (just quits) and it doesn't zoom in and out quite as nicely as the Opera Mini does. Anyone have a preference between the OS6 browser, Opera or Bolt and for what reason?

Posted on the Curve forum as devices with twice as much memory (512mb) probably will have different responses.
    03-02-11 04:04 PM
    I take it you have the 9300, based on your comments regarding memory. Having used Bolt off and on through its various revisions, I personally feel that Opera Mini is a better choice if the WebKit browser doesn't work well. I use the BB browser, but I also have a 9330, which has 512MB of RAM.
    03-02-11 05:46 PM
    It won't cost you anything to load up Bolt and Opera Mini and see for yourself which one works best for you compared to the BB Browser. Everyone likes one of them over the others for personal reasons. After using them all many times, I still prefer Bolt for most sites.
    03-04-11 11:16 AM
    Is it just me or is using the cursor for Opera mini sensitive as ****? It's so bad that I never use it. If anyone knows of a setting to modify that I'd be grateful. Bolt isn't very good IMO.
    03-05-11 01:37 PM
    I haven't used the Bolt Browser on my 9300. The OS 6 browser works well if you don't mind using the 'Zoom' function frequently. Overall it gets the job done. The Opera mini is difficult to use for me because the cursor is 'touchy'. For some websites it still works the best (compared to OS6 browser).
    Overall I use the OS 6 browser most of the time.
    03-06-11 09:34 PM
    I prefer bb browser
    i have issues wuth bolt and sometimes is very slow
    03-08-11 03:09 PM
    If you want to zoom easily with the OS 6 browser hold in alt and use your track pad up for zoom in and down for zoom out , bolt is a great browzer for downloading large files E.G phone update software . I've even used it to download pc software hope this helps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-11 04:22 PM
    I went on the opera website yesterday and found they had made a fix on the trackpad problem

If you go to m.opera.com and the site will detect your blackberry model and then complete the download. The cursor problem seems to have been resolved on my 9300
    03-10-11 09:33 PM
    Opera still has that hyper sensitive tracker, and the stock browser's lack of column view in OS6.0 is disappointing, makes some pages hard to read. Bolt seems to run slower than the other 2 in general.

I guess I have to live with one of the three's flaws...
    03-14-11 02:54 PM
    Ive been using the BB webkit browser, with no issues, and booted Opera off my device.
    03-15-11 02:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD