How does the torch do when you record video and send it? Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-11 10:45 AM
    Send it where?
    Gucci33 likes this.
    03-02-11 11:49 AM
    Send it where?

Via email and or mms. Thanks for the response.
    03-02-11 12:12 PM
    are you asking for the resolution of the video? or how fast it goes? how good it is? I'm not sure what you want to know.
    Gucci33 likes this.
    03-02-11 12:18 PM
    are you asking for the resolution of the video? or how fast it goes? how good it is? I'm not sure what you want to know.
    Actually all 3 would be great?
    03-02-11 12:34 PM
    on mine, there is a limit of 6 MB to send video attached to either an email address or a BBM contact.

Haven't tried the youtube upload app yet so not sure if it has the same limit.

6 MB is about 25 - 30 seconds if your video camera format option is set to "Normal" which is 640x480. Probably a lot longer if you crunch down to the "MMS" mode which is 176x144 so kind of a crummy picture.

I've used BBM to send quite a few short video clips to friends and family using the normal mode and it is quite good. Clearly not HD but for a camera phone, it is purty darn good.
    03-02-11 12:53 PM
    haha, well the resolution is 640 x 480 on normal mode, the speed of how long it will take to upload depends how big your video is and if you are using wifi/3g or edge (kind of hard to tell you exactly. The video is good enough but it's not high def, it's like looking at a video on youtube at 480 res.
    03-02-11 12:53 PM
    thanks guys for the feedback! This will be my next phone
    03-02-11 01:03 PM
    hope to see you here again!
    03-02-11 01:44 PM
    on mine, there is a limit of 6 MB to send video attached to either an email address or a BBM contact.

Haven't tried the youtube upload app yet so not sure if it has the same limit.

6 MB is about 25 - 30 seconds if your video camera format option is set to "Normal" which is 640x480. Probably a lot longer if you crunch down to the "MMS" mode which is 176x144 so kind of a crummy picture.

I've used BBM to send quite a few short video clips to friends and family using the normal mode and it is quite good. Clearly not HD but for a camera phone, it is purty darn good.
    So is this just a BB thing or is this limited to all phones (6mb)? I'll be a bit jaded if an iPhone can send >6mb and bb can't....
    04-15-11 10:02 PM
    So is this just a BB thing or is this limited to all phones (6mb)? I'll be a bit jaded if an iPhone can send >6mb and bb can't....
    You might have to ask people who have an iPhone, an Android phone, etc and see how big a file they can send.
    04-15-11 10:05 PM
    my brother sent a 1min long video from his iP4 to my buddies iP3gs and I cant receive it cause its too big...

BB fails HARD in this category... =(
    I have a minute long video that I cannot send because its too big according to my BB and yet they can send HD video back and forth? =(
    04-25-11 10:41 AM
    I agree ... And the next wave of 6.1s ate supposed to record in HD... We'll see if things change... If BlackBerry can't send and receive at least 6mb ...youl probably get the finger when you try to send hd vids from the 6.1 devices ....

04-25-11 10:57 AM
    I agree ... And the next wave of 6.1s ate supposed to record in HD... We'll see if things change... If BlackBerry can't send and receive at least 6mb ...youl probably get the finger when you try to send hd vids from the 6.1 devices ....

Sigh..that is one thing that concerns me...HD recording is good and all..but what if we cannot share it? =\
    04-25-11 11:08 AM
    Lol ... Look on the bright side ... You'll be able to veiw it via BlackBerry bridge on your playbook.... Or maybe not...:-/

04-25-11 11:11 AM
    bwaahaha :\
    04-25-11 11:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD