Is it just me or are all the other devices getting more frequent OS updates than the Torch?????

I'm on the .450 and itching to move on. Would try the hybrids but I fairly new and don't quite understand the instructions.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-11 04:04 AM
    yea, the Torch is getting left out alot. the hybrids are easy to install and come prepackaged with self installers. it really cant get any easier to install lol.
    03-02-11 04:06 AM
    I would recommend upgrading to a Hybrid if your really wanting to upgrade. They do help out quite a bit and make it better. The best 3 hybrids for the torch are:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f224/to...-481-a-589699/ <-- Copy and Paste files = Really simple
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f224/bd...evices-581871/ <-- Self Installer
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f224/ir...0-03-a-589024/ <-- Self Installer (I recommend this one)

For the self installers:
    Instructions:
    1) Remove any installed OS and install base OS
    2) Download Desired Hybrid
    3) Run installer, and set installation path (irtehuns automatically selects the right folder)
    4) Make sure to create a backup
    5) Wipe device using BB Boss Shrinker, BBSAK, or similiar tool (optional)
    6) Run loader.exe and install
    7) After installation do a battery pull
    For the Copy and Paste one:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9700M_v6.0.0.448_P6.6.0.124
    <-- The last part is just the OS of your phone, that is generally what it looks like.
    The folders are named the same as where you need to copy and paste so that's easy as well.
    03-02-11 06:22 AM
    maybe the torch is getting left out, but I do feel that we get the best leak everytime, without having to test leak after leak until we find a good one. maybe it's just me, but I remember when I was with 8900, it could take like 3 or 4 leak to get a stable one, but so far torch leak work pretty good everytime, like the .337, .448 and .450 (not sure about .438 though but only one company supported it)
    03-02-11 09:53 AM
    hopefully we will be first for 6.1!!!!
    03-02-11 09:54 AM
    Is it just me or are all the other devices getting more frequent OS updates than the Torch?????

I'm on the .450 and itching to move on. Would try the hybrids but I fairly new and don't quite understand the instructions.

Is there any issues you're experiencing with .448 or .450? If not then I don't see why u need an OS upgrade unless u find it a fun thing to do if so then I rest my case.

03-02-11 09:57 AM
    I find it a fun thing to do .

In all seriousness though, the the quality of the leaks are quite good for the Torch. Ther's no need to more frequent updates.

03-02-11 11:04 AM
    Are there any issues you're experiencing with .448 or .450? If not then I don't see why u need an OS upgrade unless u find it a fun thing to do if so then I rest my case.
    that and the pursuit perfection! my phone completes/defines who i am! the more perfect it is...well, you feel me, don't you?
    03-02-11 01:17 PM
    on a similiar course i feel that there are very little updates to the apps
    a lot less than previous models ,?
    03-02-11 01:26 PM
    one thing i see after using 246 337 450 then back to 448 is that 448 seemed like a natural progression to 337...menus, etc, but 450 seems to be it's own unique animal. not saying it's not as good, just seems like a complete rework in some areas imo. i hate some of the changes to .450 with vvm options, at&t phonebook, etc.
    03-02-11 02:33 PM
    maybe the torch is getting left out, but I do feel that we get the best leak everytime, without having to test leak after leak until we find a good one. maybe it's just me, but I remember when I was with 8900, it could take like 3 or 4 leak to get a stable one, but so far torch leak work pretty good everytime, like the .337, .448 and .450 (not sure about .438 though but only one company supported it)
    Agreed - every leak I've installed has been solid and has offered some kind of measurable improvement over each earlier version. And if I'm not mistaken, .448 and .450 were just released less than a month ago. I don't know about you guys, but re-registering so many apps and the several reboots required to 'stabilize' each install are not things I necessarily care to be repeating all that frequently.

03-02-11 02:42 PM
    I probably don't mind it because I don't have nearly the number of apps installed as some other users. Takes much less to get mine back up and running after an update. If I had 40 or 50 apps to reinstall afterward, it might be a different story...

03-02-11 06:15 PM
    can someone plz tell a newbie what benefits hybrid brings
    and are they as easy to follow as stated
    thank you
    03-03-11 01:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD