I emailed support with regards to the Mute button non functionality and the slowness of the game.

here is their reply:

-------------------------------------------------

Smarter Apps Support, Mar-01 09:28 (EST):

Thanks, we have fixed some performance issues exactly as you describe, we should have an updated release in the next few days.
    --
    Smarter Apps Support
    http://support.smarter-apps.com
    VideoFrog, Pete6 and IchigoMochi like this.
    03-01-11 10:02 AM
    Woot woot! Practically my only gripe about the game is it drags at a couple of points.

Of course this will deepen my addiction.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-11 01:05 PM
    yup, upgrade should be in soon
    03-01-11 01:48 PM
    I got a tweet from them. Saying fixed tones of bugs and have added more levels. Look out angry birds. Angry farm is a coming

03-01-11 02:47 PM
    Awesome. I got it from offeredapps and holy crap was it buggy. I think it is a pure accident that anyone got past level 6, if you try enough times it will glitch and say you won even though there is a fox left.
    03-01-11 05:10 PM
    Awesome. I got it from offeredapps and holy crap was it buggy. I think it is a pure accident that anyone got past level 6, if you try enough times it will glitch and say you won even though there is a fox left.
    I never had it make me win when there was a fox left, but I've had foxes explode for no apparent reason...
    03-01-11 05:50 PM
    mute button works on my phone, only a little bit of slowness but I'm dealing with it.
    03-01-11 09:15 PM
    I got past level 6 finally, and I actually killed all the foxes. Haven't seen any real glitches..

One thing I did discover last night that helped me get past level 6 was that you can double tap on the screen after take a shot to quickly reset the camera and move on to your next shot. Also, after your last shot, if you know you aren't going to kill all the foxes, you can also double tap to reset the level and start again quickly..
    03-02-11 09:36 AM
    New update is out fixed lag issues.
    03-05-11 03:25 AM
    Got the 1.1 upgrade, much smoother with no freezeups. Now they need to fix the sound issues- they clash and sometimes shutdown to silence.

Game is much better, much more enjoyable now. TONS more addictive.

03-06-11 08:26 PM
    I got version 1.1 and it's still way too slow and choppy on my Bold 9650. There also appear to be several other buggy things going on in addition to the slowness and sound problems others have reported.
    03-07-11 01:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD