I just downloaded Blackberry Unite 1.02 and have been trying to activate my 8320 with T-Mobile. Unfortunately, I keep getting "The device could not be activated" message. I followed the prompts and everything correctly. Any idea's?

P.S. This is my personal BB not on the BES on BIS only.
    Thanks in advance
    08-06-08 05:06 AM
    If I were you I would give up. If the software screws up, it will lock up your BB and you won't be able to browse the internet. It installs a specific IT policy that is a huge PITA. Delete it, act like you never saw it, and leave it at that. I sent RIM an email about Unite!. Guess what, they never responded to me. Nice Company, but their CS must blow as well. Either that, or they quickly deleted my email when they realized it was a complaint about Unite.
    Last edited by fyrfyter; 08-06-08 at 08:42 AM.
    08-06-08 08:35 AM
    i thought the newest version of unite was supposed to have fixed that it policy disabling the browser
    08-06-08 09:15 PM
    i thought the newest version of unite was supposed to have fixed that it policy disabling the browser
    Considering they couldn't get it right the first time around, why would anyone want to waste time with it? Last time, It took me 4 hours to fix my device. Until an actual rebuilt version 2.0 comes out,and RIM can make it work without an IT policy, I won't be chancing it with this software anytime soon, if any time ever again. As for my idea without an IT policy, its easy, how about a desktop manager software, that actually has a desktop to it, say gives you access to calendar, notes, tasks, address book, etc without linking back to program like Outlook. A standalone PIM, that you can sync your blackberry to. Why don't they have this yet, as it would work better than this Unite junk.
    08-06-08 10:13 PM
    I am currently using Unite to get my work non BES emails in realtime, and to a certain extent, I have to agree with the complaint -- seems like there is great potential in this (free version of bes over bis eventually for small groups), but at the moment it's more like a concept toy. No email reconciliation in imap mode (why is there an imap mode then?), no auto CC or auto BCC options, no folders, mandatory file sync, mandatory firewall, and the big one -- once you install all this, you HAVE to wipe your device to remove...

Again, currently it's a great idea with a POC implementation. Lots of potential though...I wouldn't give up just yet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-08 09:19 AM
    I agree just give up - I ignored everyone on here and installed it anyway and then spent hours trying to get it to work correctly then gave up and spent hours trying to get rid of it
    08-23-08 10:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD